Race Card Situation - Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Card Situation - Thoughts

I am sure you all see what I am dealing with when looking at the race card. The current structure that has been used for so long and is just poor. I have been manually editing the races until a new race file is built. What you see now is this:

D divison colt 5f
    D divison filly 5f
    C division colt 5f
    Cdivison filly 5f
    B division colt 5f
    B division filly 5f
    A division colt 5f
    A division filly 5f
    Open Colt 5f
    Open Filly 5F

All on same card all in succession
    Repeats exactly the same for 3yo's
    zero creativity

8 of the races above daily will not run and 6-7 of the same races for 3yo's will not run. So right away the evening card will have anywhere from 14-16 races cancelled from jump street. You can tell the race days that I have edited because they don't look like the above. If we had 300 members then maybe the above layout works but not now and not here. Doesn't matter if you have 80 races scheduled if only 20 fill. I'd rather have 20 races scheduled and all fill with nice fields. (5 plus)

The early racing looks exactly the same.

Claimers all in a row at the same distance. The redundancy every day needs to go. I will review the more popular entered races and keep these in play but this format needs to go.

I see many people entering some of the new style of races and set ups. Please tell me what you like and don't like etc and please stick to racing and race types. I need more input from you all at different levels of racing. Currently 4 cards per day. Midnight, Morning, Lunch and Evening (eastern time zone) lower class to high class by card.

Get rid of the division races ...

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
      Get rid of the division races ...
      I don't think eliminating nw condition races entirely is a good idea. I think nw1-2, maybe even 3, is needed, certainly not after that. Perhaps you could here and there pop in some allowance races with conditions for weight for wins. only 1 win is -2lbs, 2 wins -1, etc.

Overall I'm looking for creative looks and races. Varying entry fees/claiming classes. Funneling horses into races with weight allowances leads to bigger fields/purses. Perhaps even things like combining claimers. 12k/20k claimer with 8 horses, where entering at the 12k tag gives you a small weight allowance, is better than a 12k and 20k at the same distance with 4 horses each (and is also a thing in real horse racing)

Comment

Race schedule needs a face lift. I suggest trying to resemble more real life racing than trying to be Digiturf or Race Clubs

Comment

I don't know if it's just me but I'm having a hard time following the schedule. Many of the races just pop up in the schedule that weren't there and I can't plan out anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
            Race schedule needs a face lift. I suggest trying to resemble more real life racing than trying to be Digiturf or Race Clubs
            Out of curiosity, and remembering how the game works and functions differently than real life horse racing, what exactly about the card is there that doesn't match a real life card? We have claiming races, allowance, stakes, starter allowance, maiden, maiden claiming, etc

Comment

We dont have conditions or restrictions.

I can take a winning horse and keep running as I please wherever without being penalized in weight.

Average or subpar horses have no chance.

Comment

Even claimers need conditions. Nw1, Nw2, Nw3 etc

Comment

I like the game and dont want to sound like I'm bashing it.

I just want to see improvement in the race schedule.

Comment

When you have conditions and restrictions. More horses will stay on the track. You will find more of the 1:09 horses be able to race.

The way it is now you can't race them.
                    Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 07-02-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Trust me...I am well aware of the race card as a whole. I don't disagree about adding more restrictions. The starter allowances, Weight allowances and Non winners of X (NW#) and 1D20 races etc are all forms of restrictions or allowances already carded.

I intend on adding earnings restrictions as well as additional weight penalties.

I agree the division names are not needed but the win restrictions applied are. Divisions (NW) were built for a career path....no one takes advantage of these options past D-Division. I also want a new code where I can restrict races to horses that have run a race but have not won a race. Works like the stakes race code but its not called a stakes. For now I can use the stakes race code to restrict races this way.

I have been editing the races on the fly...this is true. Best I can do at the moment considering the condition of the inherited race card schedule and structure. I will try to get as far ahead as possible this weekend.

One thing is for certain.....race earnings per race are way up!

Please keep in mind I am 2 months into this and transitions take time. 4 months, 6 months, 1 year from now will all be different and an improvement.

Comment

Looking forward to the new season.

Comment

I think there is too much going on at once and I'm often confused as well .

how bout just a DD classic DD Sprint DD mile . both turf and dirt 2 , 3 and 4yr old and up divisions. all at the end if the meet. the leadup stake point races need to be carded early , a month out ideally.

As far as overnight racing ..dump division racing or make D division nw 2-3 with a horse with 2 wins taking a weight penalty . C division nw 3-4 so your horse with 2 wins has a choice d division adding +2# or C at low weight.

need more condition claimers. nw2L ! also more 1m claimers ...I have 1 won a 1m turf 3000 claimer early in season....hasn't been one carded since and that race I believe drew 12.

I like the game too don't get me wrong but you asked so just giving my opinion

Midwest Racing

Comment

Working...
                          X