Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearlings Update

Yearlings Update

Yearlings will be available this season. They will launch August 15th. Yearlings will not be raced. I have determined that 1yo horses have no negative impact attributed to them that impacts their racing ability at 2yo. Same nuances as 2yo apply. 1yo do have a negative impact if raced at 1yo. Current programming never intended for 1yo's to race and penalties would / will apply if raced at 1yo and that makes complete sense since i don't know of any 1yo's that race in real life racing.

Now....

Workout times are clearly different for 1yo's and after much thought...I agree with it and it makes perfect sense. New timed guidelines need to be established by the community. I have already started a project that I will share with all of you on where I believe timed workouts need to be in comparison to a 2yo. This will be healthy for the game

Is there still going to be OTT for yearlings?

Comment

The OTT is a tool that will be available. I would focus more on timed works and splits as we know 1yo's will run slower. Too many people retired 1yo's this past season for no reason at all. Many very nice horses were retired because there was no understanding or established foundation of 1yo work times. OTT can be time consuming and a distraction from establishing the 1yo work guidelines.

Comment

Sigh!

I want to believe in yearlings but I will not breed any.

I've been down this road before with 1 year olds.

Comment

Bob I like you and like the vision you have in the game but yearlings has to be the biggest waste of time and money for all stables.

Most of the old stables that aren't around anymore left for the exits because of the yearling issue. Now you might say it is fixed.

I will take a wait and see approach.

What changes were made to the yearlings?

Comment

Well my experience with yearlings is terrible!!! They train too fast and when they race as 2 years old .. they run on 3 legs! There training time and race times not even close!!! Yes many of us kill them because they don’t race good as 2year olds. I don’t buy that it’s only age change!! Lone wanted to turn the site into a 2 year old site !! A lot of tinkering around was done IMO!!! As I believe most horses don’t improve on this site an 1 Year old will never improve as a 2 year old This is my opinion on yearlings. I love the site and Bobs hard work in improving the site or the Past months.. But I agree with Greeko I’ll wait and see untill I breed any ...
            SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

I’m going to disagree a little here. I only bred a handful or so of them last season and 2 of them have turned out to be very decent horses. Their works as yearlings were slower than they were when I worked them as 2yo.

I think Bob is probably on the right track about separate par times needed for yearlings. I also agree 100% with no yearling racing.

Comment

Yearlings can not compete versus a 2 year old bred horse. Unless Bob fixed it.

Comment

Mine are competing successfully

Comment

I'm talking champ quality.

Comment

AMR,,,, i wish a had record of the yearlings i bred . i remember 1 router doing almost 2;17 @13/8 training ... as a yearling , horse ran 8 lifetime races never won a race as 2 yearold . cost me about $60 in entries to figure he was a "Morning Glory" you have 10 like these type and your in the hole about $500/$600!! i totally disagree with you that 2yrsold have faster times than yearlings... I believe GREEKO had a 4F horse training 43:35 never won a race .... You see all the very fast ones are Shit....Anyhow its Bob's site... if he believes yearlings will help the site than i have np with them ....

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

I think you guys are comparing from prior to last season and I would agree they worked unrealistically fast but last season Freddie had made some changes and in my experience they actually worked slow. Bottom line is it’s a perception issue. If you have the perception they are bad then don’t breed them. It’s that simple.

Comment

I already said I wont breed them.

Comment

There no perception issue with me ... Yearling are a waste of money.. Got Burned by too many times...

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

By the way , CHANGING THE SUBJECT>>>> GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN TONIGHT'S CHAMP RACES!!!!!

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Working...
                              X