what is this race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this race

09/22/2019 19:55 09/21/2019 23:00 25 Belmont DD 6f Dirt fst Season 44 Maiden Challenge Series Sprint 2yo C/F Final
    Purse 1600 2yo Colts and Fillies Wt colts 120lbs, fillies 118lbs. For Registered DD Breds onl

I have two that are entered but I am not really interested in running them for 1600. Is the purse going to be raised or does this qualify you for something else. If not I will want to scratch my two. BTW conso race has no purse and 8 entered.

Eddie

2 of my horses were up for sale. The program took them down from the horse sales page and entered in this race that shouldn't exist.

Yet again I lose money for posting them.

I think I'm done!!!

Comment

Maiden Challenge Series - New

08-24-2019, 05:51 PM
      As we roll out the new season and the eliminator we will also be running lead up races for points into 3 Maiden Challenge Series with final races at the end of September. The majority of Maiden and D-div races for 2yo's will post points towards the MC series. These Lead up races will be listed with MC attached to the race name. This is basically a 2yo opening month meet with a race at the end of the month to recognize the achievements of early season 2yo runners. Call it a Maiden Month...series is not restricted to maiden runners only. Colts and Fillies will run together in the series final. I will have all of the links to the series finals posted at season's change and you will also be able to find the series in the race series points page at season's change.

All 2yo Eliminator races will automatically award points towards the MC Classic Series. All other points will be awarded from racing the normal card. Look for the races listed with MC. Racing the eliminator and early season MC races will give a leg up on Jockey Selection that may carry on for the season.

This is where this race came from but no details on purse or anything were ever posted that I'm aware of.

The opinion that I am about to share is not meant to be criticism but is basically just my opinion and I would like to see others posted as well to let Admin know what we would like in the site. That doesn't mean I'm looking only for agreement but honest constructive opinions not a bitch fest. As I said, this is my opinion and if it's in the minority then so be it but here it is...

I'm not a big fan of automatic entry race series such as the Champ series and now as the TC series became and as the direction of the site seems to be going. I would prefer to see qualifying races build points which gives priority for entry but not require automatic entry. I'll use the KY Derby and TC series as an example...

I would like to see it done more like real racing. Let's start with the KY Derby...First four finishers in qualifying races earn points (10-4-2-1 or something like this). When time for Derby entry the 12 highest point earners get priority for entry but it's still up to owners whether to enter or not. If some choose not to enter then priority goes down the list to the next highest point earners and if still any openings then it opens to first come first served giving later bred or later developing horses without points an opportunity if they are willing to pay an entry fee. Admin can add cash or BC bonus as they see fit such as the 1,000,000 BC added last season but I would still like to see an entry fee required (maybe $25-$50) which puts the decision on owners whether to enter their horse or not. There are many reasons someone might not want to enter a horse...they had 3 qualify but one is better suited for the distance, a horse was great early but is one of those who seems to have tapered off after only a few races, etc. I think this would make it an exciting race with a purse of something like 1,000,000 BC's and $300-$600 cash and make owners think about who they really want to enter.

For the Preakness the first 4 Derby finishers should have priority for entry then going to the points list same as above. Again I believe there should be an entry fee not automatic entry. The points earned could be from one single set of TC qualifying races or from separate series for Derby, Preakness and Belmont qualifiers. I don't know that I have a strong preference either way at this point but I might lean toward a single points list from qualifiers at all sorts of distances for the reason it can also make for decisions like having a horse that doesn't want a mile and a quarter so skip the Derby and wait for the Preakness or horse prefers 1-1/4 miles+ but didn't run well in Derby so skip the Preakness and wait for the Belmont. These decisions might create openings for other horses who would not get an opportunity when entry is automatic. Belmont entries would follow the same pattern as described for the Derby and Preakness.

IMO this would make for a better and more exciting series of races. I would prefer all series TC, Champ, BC, etc. run in this fashion.

My one criticism (meant as constructive) is that we need to have the entire program for qualifying and lead up races for these series and really the entire stakes program laid out and posted prior to the beginning of the season. For instance, as far as I know nothing has been posted so far as to TC qualifiers or what's planned with BC races, etc. this season and stakes races just pop up here and there making it difficult to plan a campaign for certain horses.

As I said this is my opinion...others?

Comment

I completely agree with AMRS. Really nothing to add that was exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for typing it all out.

Edit: I do have something to add.

Was looking at races on the 28th. There is a G1 Stakes race with a 15k entry at 1m. Right after that is a derby road race at 7f with a 6.5k entry. I am going to enter Maradona in the G1 race because I want him in the big money races, while I also need to get him qualified for the derby. My opinion is these high dollar G1 races should be the qualifying races for the Triple Crown. I also wouldn't mind a 3yo money list for the season that would count as your qualifying for the TC races. That way stables would not have to worry about getting entries in qualifying races and if you win the big money ones you will climb the standings.
        Last edited by Ms Stables; 09-22-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Well, Island Life won the final sprint race and 640 credits. Not sure I get it.
          Socal Racing

Los Angeles, California, USA

Comment

I also like the reasoning AMR presented. Not sure what it would take to implement the series that way short term, but I like the reasoning at least for the big series, TC, Champs.

The 2yo maiden series I saw with the low purse, but thought the purse would have a bit more incentive when we get around to the race. The value was listed for what the race went off for.
            This one could have been scheduled with a entry fee by ranked horses as $20 and would be nice race. Conso could be $5 entry fee. Just thoughts tho.

Comment

I will see if I can get admin to get on and get some clarification for you guys.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Let me dig into this. I set schedule for the 26th with the plans of having some type of added purse or bonus and I am not sure what happened at the moment but I will find out.

Greeko..while your circumstance is unfortunate you entered horses into a series with a final race date and you also listed the same horses for sale. The conflict is self created! It is impossible for me to manage your horses for you but I do understand the frustration. The race should and did exist regardless if it had the incorrect purse or not.

Comment

Series and Qualifiers

I've been thinking on this for a couple days. I need to clarify a couple things I read then get into some of this wish list stuff. Stakes races don't just pop up....they are scheduled for the entire month. Derby Road is just a name of a race not a series. It is a regular race with a somewhat higher entry meant to test a horses ability before maybe paying a higher fee. We currently do show horse earning for the season..however not broken down by age. I can probably do this.

As far as the series and points etc and the AMR layout...it can all be done. I am just not sure if these horses should be grouped together. Like pure sprinters are in the same points pool as routers? Also there will need to be more manual race set ups.

What you would basically see is just one list per age and their points total. It's actually easier for me to program during the season and a little more difficult to program for the finals or main races.

2yo Standings all horses
                  3yo Standings all horses
                  4yo Standings all horses

Races that earn points can be entered by anyone. Finals races would require a more specific entry requirement. I think i'm game for something like this.Might actually open up some race program options. Would also clean up the series standings page. My only concern or question is this...say its a 6F BC Juvenile Cup. I'm looking for 8 horses. Top 8 horses in total points could enter if they choose. What if all top 8 horses are distance horses but enter the sprint anyway just to take a chance? Is this separated colt & filly.

Please chime in...not my idea just rolling with it
                  Last edited by Administrator; 09-26-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I would like to load these race qualifiers or series today.

Comment

I think the qualifiers should stay how it is. The only change I believe AMRS was talking about for those was the automatic entry. The standings for points or earnings was for the TC qualifier. I think you could use this same setup for the BC races also. But the champ series should stay the same just not automatic entries people should have the ability to choose not to enter

Comment

Working...
                      X