What??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What??????

As we are now one month into the season what is your biggest surprise in your stable as well as your biggest disappointment.

I'll go first.

My biggest surprise was retiring two stallions that have produced some really great foals TOOT TOOT TOOTSIE and MAN WITH POTENTIAL have produced some great colts and fillies for me and that makes me excited about when those babies retire maybe I will have some more great breeders.

My biggest disappointment was the horse ASTARISBORN, I really thought he had a chance to win the 3 year old eliminator and he didn't make it out of the first round, he has since redeemed himself by winning 4 of his next 6 races so he appears to be as good as I originally thought but still a disappointment in that he didn't even make round 2.

Will be interested to see what other stables have to say about their horses in this thread.

Burky
    Last edited by Star Of The Desert; 10-09-2019, 06:56 PM.
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

Bump?
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I'll bite Burky...
      I can't say I've had a big surprise but a couple of pleasant ones. Rushing Fall was a top notch race horse so I had hopes that she would produce well but she's a create and you never know until you breed them so I'm pleasantly surprised that her first foal by Man With Potential appears to be very talented. I also set myself a goal this season of 20%+ wins and 50%+ ITM and happily I'm there so far. It has come with a little bit of a cost though since I have run some horses with lowered expectations in lower company and it has cost me a few claims but that's part of the game.

My biggest disappointment is the stallion Hot Like Fire. I bought him very inexpensively from Greeko because he hadn't produced for John. He has a quality pedigree so I took a chance for the price. I bred him to some mares who have produced by others but his foals have been mediocre at best. Almost all work like good horses but run like morning glories so I guess the heart factor passed by him must be weak.

Comment

Working...
      X