Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Turkey Trot Medley Rules

Hi guys:

Here is what I have been toying with and have gotten approval from admin to go ahead with it.

Each stable who wants to participate should post their interest and intent to join the Trot on this thread, it will be limited to the first 10 stables who post.

There will be a series of 4 races on Thursday 11/28/2019 over different distances for both colts and fillies (8 races in total). The distances I have chosen are 4f, 6f, 1M and 1 1/2 miles.
    The races will be weight for age so that any colt or filly can enter.

The stables who participate will each pay a total of 40,000 credits, half of which will go to the individual race purses and the other half will be allocated to a points contest, the points will accumulate race to race on the following basis: if we have 10 stables enter first place for each race would be worth 10 points, 2nd place 9, etc. At the end of all the races the top 3 point earning stables will split the prize pool on a 50%, 30% 20% breakdown.

If we get 10 stables to participate the total amount collected would be 400,000 credits, 200,000 would go to the individual races and the other 200,000 would go to the final points leaders
    Based on 10 stables participating each individual race would have a purse of 25,000 credits to be paid under standard payouts of the system. No entry fee will be required for any of the races and the races will be password protected. Once admin collects the fees from the stables a PM will be sent with all the passwords for each race.

If there are les than 10 stables who participate the purses and total prizes at the end of the contest will be adjusted accordingly.

There will be 2 divisions, one with colts and geldings and the other with fillies.

The weights for the races will be as follows:
    fillies 2 year olds 118, 3 year olds 119, 4 year olds and older 120
    colts 2 year olds 120, 3 year olds 121, 4 year olds and older 122

This series is designed so that as many stables as possible can enter and there is no requirement that you have to breed new horses to be eligible. For stables like mine working on a shoestring budget this would be the only way for it to be feasible for me to join the races. That being said, if you do breed a new horse or horses for this series there will be a point bonus if your newly bred horse wins it's heat you would get an additional 5 points added to your total for each newly bred horse that wins, this could really help with the final standings at the end of the night.

I would think that a deadline of November 18th to join would be appropriate that gives admin 10 days to pull all the funds and send out the passwords for the races, if we have to push the deadline back a little we can.

Please post on this thread if you are interested and also if you have any additional questions that I might not have covered in this post.

1. Star of the Desert
    2. Chrisman
    3. Flip Farms
    4, Taylorandtaryn
    5. Second To None
    6. Aloya
    7. Foggydan Farms
    And more racing

Please note you will need a total of 8 horses to enter all the races so start looking for your best colts and fillies to run over the 4 different distances.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, LET'S HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS COMPETITION.

Burky
    Last edited by Star Of The Desert; 11-19-2019, 12:15 AM.
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

Sounds like a great contest...I'm in.

Comment

Thanks Chrisman, I appreciate your support for this contest should be a lot of fun, Might actually be able to get players into the chat on that night and get some smack talk going.

Burky
      LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
      HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Thought this would generate more interest, I think it is a great competition.

Burky
        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I'm in if you can get a couple more.

Comment

I will play

Comment

Put me down for this please
              Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

As of tonight we have 5 stables expressing an interest in this contest, would love to get at least 3 more.

If you have interest please post here as soon as you decide so that I can have Admin load the races into the program for the 28th.

Burky
                LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Still time to get in on this contest, please respond to this thread if you want in.

Burky
                  LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                  HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I am in !! can i race a first time starter?
                    SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Yes you can race first time starters in this series, just remember there are 8 races in all that night, so to compete for the overall standings bonus you will need 8 horses.

If your first time starter wins his heat he will get a 5 point bonus for the final standings.

Thanks for showing your support.

THAT MAKES SIX STABLES THAT HAVE ANNOUNCED THEIR INTENTION TO RUN, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 2 MORE SO THAT EACH RACE WOULD HAVE A PURSE OF 20,000 AND THE PRIZE POOL FOR TOTAL POINTS EARNED WOULD BE 160,000 SPLIT 50%, 30%, 20 %.

Burky
                      LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                      HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

what is the passcode?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

got it!!!

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Have you sent out the passcode yet?
                            Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

Not yet, waiting until the 18th to close the race then admin will have to withdraw the funds from every account and set up the races. Once that is done passwords will be sent to all participants.

Burky
                              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
                              X