Track preferences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track preferences

With the new track preferences does this mean that there will be more turf races scheduled to even things out a little. I haven't looked but it seams there are far more dirt races thanturf and as I look through my stable I find I have quite a few turf horses, just want to make sure there will be plenty of races for them to run in.

Burky
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

I agree and to brighten everyone's spirits just checked and according to the track preferences my horse of the year likes turf better. Pretty good for an 18 time winner on dirt.

Comment

Well Burky, your post is exactly the reason why I decided to show the preference. I have said in numerous posts that 50% of all horses born prefer turf yet the inherited race card had very little turf races and barely any entries in the turf races scheduled. Now I am showing you! There was also no way for stables to know which horses prefer turf or dirt right. The preference does not mean a horse can't run on the opposite surface type...hell we have been doing it all along. Some horses that otherwise would be retired may now have some success. You may also see subtle differences in work times but .05 seconds can be the difference between 1st and 4th in a race.

The answer to you question is yes...we will add more turf races. I have already added more than there ever was but I wanted to show the preference before taking the next step.

I have stated that 50% of horses prefer turf and now you see it. I have also stated numerous times that 33% of horses peak at 2yo 33% at 3yo and 33% at 4yo and up. Someday...someone will start to believe this also

A turf preference does not mean a horse will be unsuccessful on dirt and vice versa.

Comment

Eddie snuck that post in there while I was typing.

Comment

I have a couple including a champion who are that way too. I also have some that I had already identified as either turf or dirt only horses because they are two different horses on dirt and turf and this verified it. I think it parallels real racing where there are those who have a strong preference and then there are those quality stakes horses who handle either surface. I have to assume there is some sort of proportional preference for each horse. In other words a true turf horse might prefer turf 90% to dirt 10% as opposed to those quality stakes horses that only have a 51% to 49% preference one way or the other. That's the best way I can think of to explain how I'm looking at it.

Comment

I just hope this means the race entries will not thin out even further with trainers constantly trying to enter the horse on only their preferred surface.

I didn't mind the mystery of surface preference to be honest.i felt like it was one of the few parts of the game which was actually pretty easy to figure out. And even once I'd figured it out it didn't deter me from entering the horse into races on what I felt was not it's optimal surface.

We'll see but I hope this does not happen, just my two cents.

Wrf
            Season 30 - 2yo Colt Sprint Champ

Comment

Working...
            X