Peak Racing Age & Age Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak Racing Age & Age Change

If you are not aware already there now is a peak racing age attached to each horse and can be found on the horse stats page.

This will address the mindset of stables to retire a horse immediately when turning 4 years old as well as the implementation of the new age change that will be realized at the turn of the season May 1st 2020.

Please note and I can't stress this enough... peak racing age does not mean a horse is limited to only racing at its peak age. Horses have the ability to race prior to the peak age and well after. Many horses will be listed as peak 2 year old but race on a high level until 4 years plus. The ideal race age will be the peak race age when all possible inputs are available...it has a purpose that I won't share in detail. Additionally the peak race age is a prelude to the new age change process. Horses aging towards their peak age and at their peak age will realize gains that will be visible in works after age change. How these gains transfer to the track will be known by racing. Horses beyond their peak age will realize losses in ability some minor some substantial. Every horse will realize some level of +/-

No existing horse has ever been impacted by an age change like what the horse will experience May 1st. So if you have a great 4yo that shows peak racing at 2yo it means very little or it is not an indication of how future age changes will go. It just mean that every horse on the site up until this season has never experienced a tru +/- that is clearly noticeable and impactful. Don't underestimate what is coming.

We still have some tweaking to do.

The mindset must change and the 4 year old plus racing should and will carry the flag.

Thank you
    Bob
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-26-2020, 03:55 PM.

Too bad last year's HOY and a leading earner as a 4yr old had a peak age of 2. Man how good would he of been if he had race one race at 2. lol

Good luck at the races,

Eddie

P.S. oh he likes turf better not bad for a 26 time winner on dirt.

Comment

It's obviously just a great training job to keep a 2yo flash in the pan going strong thru 4 Eddie!

Comment

Jabs are cool

All that is past tense with horses never impacted by any of this. New era....kinda like how Larry Bird probably wouldn't be able to get a shot off in today's NBA.

I will make you a believer

Luv you guys and happy racing!

Comment

nice stat to have as most of us kill our horses early!! Basically a 4/plus race program that fills races would be nice to have ... Also price values of your horses will go up on having older horses in the Game!! like this stat Bob!!
          SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
            Jabs are cool

All that is past tense with horses never impacted by any of this. New era....kinda like how Larry Bird probably wouldn't be able to get a shot off in today's NBA.

I will make you a believer

Luv you guys and happy racing!
            Hey Bob...
            Just for some clarification are you saying that this peak age is new and didn't exist before or it existed but you have enhanced it or it already existed as is and you are just making the ages known to us?

Also, to follow up on Aloya's comment...a 4+ racing program is great but one thing I would still like to see is some maiden races for 4yo+. As of now there rarely if ever is one. They don't need to be 4+ only but if you just make some of the 3yo maiden races 3 & up that would be great.

Comment

Nice stat. could be very useful.

Comment

Who was jabbing. I would really appreciate a further explanation of your comment "All that is past tense with horses never impacted by any of this. New era....kinda like how Larry Bird probably wouldn't be able to get a shot off in today's NBA"

I was just stating facts. With my limited horses I have my doubts as to the turf/dirt preference, now with the age preference listing I was just saying I wish I had run him at 2 if he would of been better than at 3 and 4.

Good luck at the races,

Eddie

Comment

Hi Eddie

Facts would be that there is 100% impact by turf versus dirt preference and i have stats from every horse ever entered in a race. Doubts question validity, I think this might have been mentioned before and just incase we can discuss this again. Turf preference does not mean the horse can't run on dirt and vice versa. There is a benefit to every horse running on preferred surface type. However, some horses are so well balanced that the + / - is not easily realized or impacted. If that is the case then congrats on owning a valued flexible racehorse.

The upcoming age change is completely new. The new program identifies the existing peak racing age....this identifier already existed. However no horse on this site has ever experienced the new age change that is coming May 1st, To further clarify....the horse you speak of that has peak race age of 2yo but is or did run great at 4yo did not experience a + / - age change and chances are that while the horse may run good at 4yo it will experience a decline from its peak ability. The current peak race age has nothing to do with anything any horse has done up until this point. I promise...you will be impacted moving forward.

I like direct conversations but I do read between the lines very well. If you need any further clarification please let me know....always here to help. Even if i'm the not a favored person

We are on a mission and I hope we can get as many people on the bus as possible...

Comment

Normsretirementplan

Comment

Sorry for the two post couldn't get it to work on one.

Here is one of the horses i was talking about the dirt/turf. I guess I have just been real bad a placing her in her dirt races? And for the last time I have no bad feelings toward anyone on the site.

Good luck at the races,

Eddie

Comment

Eddie, you are missing the point and I already answered why a horse can perform well on opposite surface. I can show countless horses that do in fact perform solely on their surface. It was not intended to be an all or nothing surface preference. Maybe my mistake was not making surface preference severe...doing so would remove this type of dismissal and doubt. I want people to know something exists and it works and has impact and to use it. So if there is doubt then i failed.

The age change will leave no doubt of its potential impact.

Comment

Done posting. You can't never take any constructive comments if they don't agree with your thoughts. I was just showing you a horse that has a preference of dirt that is 1 for 20 on dirt and 10 wins and 22 placings out of 37 turf. You said you had stats to back it up I was just asking for some thoughts on this horse.

Yes its your game change it however you want and I will still play but I am really tired of the way you respond to me on the forums. My first post was just kinda bragging about how good my champ might have been had he raced at 2 but I guess it wasn't taken that way. Oh I forgot you are the only one that can brag.

Like I said done making any post on here. I am quarantining myself.

Good luck at the races,

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                          X