Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New - Speed Rating (soon to be re-named)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - Speed Rating (soon to be re-named)

We are close to implementing the new speed rating to all race forms. This speed figure will show next to the current pace rating.

This number is not a fixed number and is not an attribute being shown...its an actual speed number unique to the horse and race. This has nothing to do with Skill. We feel the existing number (ex. 98) is inadequate as a true refection of the performance and we now consider this to be a pace number since it has always been a comparison against track records. What it will look like...example:

109 97
    Speed left - Pace right

This will also help new players recognize false hope. As is prior to this change a new member may see a horse run a 99 in a 1k claimer, claim it and run it back in an open allowance to get trampled and lapped. With the new changes, that same horse may read 102 99 in comparison to a stakes grade that may run 112 99 clearly letting you know that there is a difference in current ability. Now with that being said if you see a horse with an upward trajectory then do what you must.

Will age change impact these figures? Short answer is yes. You will see horses that are growing and getting better post incremental higher figures but as in real life all horses go up and down and up etc.

While we are at it we are going to add a header to the race form.

I hope you all enjoy this new addition and may it bring value

Bob
    Last edited by Administrator; 04-04-2020, 09:28 AM.

The new speed rating has been launched and i admit there are some questions about what it means exactly. It's important and legit but its impossible for me to explain more about it as is. I will be changing the name of it and offering an explanation of what it means and how it is decided. I will update this when ready.

Comment

At the moment, you can only see these new numbers from the View Form tab on the race card. They are not showing in your stable page when you click on a horse to see its form. Admin knows about this. However, there is a workaround. Click on the most recent race date (left column) of your horse, this will bring up the race it was in and then click View Form. Messy but it works until the stable pages are linked to the race cards.

Norm
      "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Working...
      X