Race weights - Race weights have been changed back to the following:
    Colt 2yo - 120
    Colt 3yo - 122
    Colt 4yo - 124
    Filly 2yo - 118
    Filly 3yo - 120
    Filly 4yo - 122

Maidens - Unraced Horses
    All unraced horses will be required to run a "Mandatory Maiden" this can be a maiden of any type. The horse does not have to win a maiden to move along but does need to run it's first race as a maiden. You will know when this is live because only maiden races will appear in the race entry options.

Maidens also have different tiers. 2,500 entry 5,000 entry and 10,000 entry. The 5K and 10K will have added money.

Stakes Racing - 1 Win Requirement
    All stakes races, series races & qualifiers will require a horse to have 1 win to enter. These are the highest levels of racing and standards need to be set. Also with the addition of the mandatory maidens we effectively have already removed the first run boost (freshness) that some horses seem to have.

D-Division - C-Division - Graduation - Senior
    All of these races have either added cash or bonus credits

Small Stable Races
    A complete schedule of races has been added and a good amount include BC's

1k & 3K Claiming
    These have been removed

Option Claimers
    OC races were abused greatly. Stakes horses in 10K Optional Claimers was not the intention of the race and for this reason we have removed 90% of these races until some adjustments can be made

The Virtual Triple Crown
    The VTC will now require a horse to earn the right to be eligible for the first leg - The Virtual Derby. The road to the VTC will have a standings page with the top eligible horses by points. There will be 1 race scheduled per week as a Road to the Derby race and these races will give points to the VTC standings. The Virtual Triple Crown Races will NOT be auto entry. Horses must be eligible first by way of points standings (top 10 horses) Eligible horse will need to pay the entry fee to the race. Currently the entry fee is 50,000 credits with an estimated purse of 500,000 per leg. We may opt to include a couple direct entry races during the Road to the Derby. Direct entry winners will have the 50,000 entry fee waived. There be a 1,000,000 special prize for any horse / stable that wins all 3 legs of the VTC. Only one horse has ever won the VTC in 45 seasons.

Special Meet Racing Events
    This is a new added feature. There will be 2 -4 special meets during the season that will be for rewards. These meets will be roughly 1 week long with 10-20 races assigned to the given meet. Think Travers Stakes week or Royal Ascot etc. This is in development stages now.

Non Winners of XXXX - Non winners of Career Purse Total
    This is new also - we will have races scheduled listed as allowance nwx30000 (non winners of 30K) etc etc. These races will restrict horses based on career earnings instead of wins. This is a nice add and will further help the career paths and class separation.

Breeding
    We have alluded to upcoming changes to breeding and also the availability of Mare covers. The changes are as follows:

Sires
    10 breeds max per season
    40 breeds max lifetime

Mares
    5 covers per season
    15 covers lifetime

This change will be retroactive and all retired horses for breeding will be impacted.

I am allowing all of you to choose 3 Mares and 3 Sires you would like grandfathered in at the old breeding limit (total). Please post the horses below and I will make sure you have the full 60 or 20.​​​​​​

New Age Change
    This has been discussed many times but here are the specifics:
    1yo's - All 1yo horses naturally mature turning 2yo but any 1yo with a peak of 2yo will receive and additional age change gain.
    2yo's - all 2yo with peak age of 2yo do not receive an age change.
    3yo's - All 2yo horses turning 3yo with a peak age of 3yo will receive an age change gain
    4yo's - All 3yo horses turning 4yo with a peak age of 4-7 will receive an age change gain
    5yo's - All 4yo horses turning 5yo with a peak age of 4-7 will receive an age change gain (this is a one time grandfathered event)

All horse aging past their peak age MAY experience a negative age change but this does not mean a great 2yo horses cant be successful up to 4-7 yo racing.
    Last edited by Digital Downs; 04-30-2020, 11:30 AM.
    The Big Boss

OK I need to weigh in a little on some of these.
    First...overall I like the majority of the changes and additions.
    Maidens...will there also be different levels of maiden claimers? For quite some time now there have been only Maidens or Maiden claiming $5000 with nothing in between. Will there be levels in between?
    Option Claimers...good decision...I seem to recall telling you that would happen
    Breeding...there might be some concern that these changes might reduce the number and quality of breeders offered publicly. I know it hasn't been the best anyway but this could limit it even further. My biggest comment here though is that it would have been nice to get some notice rather than at the last second when it is going to be retroactive. In fact when I look at my breeders I see it has already taken effect essentially with no notice even before the new season starts. Breeders I have that had a few breedings left now have none and others have only a couple left when they did have a handful more. If there had been advance notice then more could have been used this season before they were lost. It doesn't seem right to me that no notice was given that it was going to be retroactive and immediate.

Another thought just for the record is I think you just gave me and probably others an incentive to retire some for breeding stock when I likely would have kept racing them a while.
    Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 04-30-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Quarantine break = Love the way you have ransacked the breeder barn of the vets who have kept this place opened. So many of the changes are great but I assure you if you had been playing and you woke up and your breeders you had planned on using the first day are now gone you would not of liked it. Back to Quarantine.

Comment

PAYING MEMBERS give reason to keep the doors open. Don and I keep the doors open.

We will not be too concerned about matters that happened prior to January 1, 2020. This about the now and the future.

AMR - I think we will be going over the immediate race card to add more maidens since the Mandatory Maiden is now live. But yes...I believe so.

Total number of breeds available AFTER the new breeding restrictions
        127,280 total active breeds available
        one hundred twenty seven thousand, two hundred eighty

This wont impact quality of breeds available. The quality of breeds is already poor overall. The best are usually not offered to the public so I have very little concern over what impact this may have. Thankfully for many members they have other options until they can build up their own brood stock

TNT - You have 1,535 breeds available in you barn AFTER the adjustment. With a total current loss of 12 breeds to horses that fall in between the 15 (new) and 20 (old)
        You also have 212 breeders in your barn. Total made available to the public = 0 You are a Hall of Fame candidate...smile, can't be all bad here.

AMR - If you choose to retire instead of race that is your choice. It's Your horse but with 127,280 breeds currently available (prior to season change...we could add few thousand) I don't recognize the dark breeding days ahead.

I do want to take the time to acknowledge and thank members who have improved the public breeding option. Chrisman, Worsley, Foggy, Trunoble, South Jersey, Runaway to name a few.

Now let's discuss middle ground

I am allowing all of you to choose 3 Mares and 3 Sires you would like grandfathered in at the old breeding limit (total). Please post the horses below and I will make sure you have the full 60 or 20.

The Big Boss

Comment

I like the changes, and I plan to reinvest into the new season. Excited to self-educate under the modified landscape, specifically as the new super-breeders came about.

Keep up the good work,

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Sires, Baby Duck, Super Freak, Jennas Beach Boy

Mares, Vegas High Roller, California Reign, Fastbridled

Comment

All set Runaway
              The Big Boss

Comment

Sire...Tevennec Lighthouse, Mare...Winning Wave

Comment

I would like to reinstate...
                  Sires...Signalman...Stand Up To Honor...Yankee Colt
                  Mares...Broom Racer...Champagne Anyone...Rushing Fall

Comment

Good to go Paul
                    The Big Boss

Comment

Sires
                      Eckazeri
                      Blazing Ecko

Mares
                      Mysterious Sista
                      Guacamole
                      Emma Peel

Not seeing the changes on these. Notice post suggesting no recall, so changed two.
                      Last edited by Chrisman; 05-15-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I think i stuffed up, do you mean from our CURRENT breeding stock?

Comment

yes...not unretiring
                          The Big Boss

Comment

smoking filly please,if i have read the post right.

Comment

Bob: Kind of related to this thread I just retired 5 horses one colt, four fillies and they each got a full 60 and 20 breeds respectively, might be a glitch in the system.
                              STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
                              X