No announcement yet.

Open Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to me I will take what comes my way.

Comment

4. Multi horse entry page - This is where I need help.
      Chrisman
      originally asked for a sort feature...like your customized stable barns. I looked into this and we can do much better. not only can we do barns but we can choose pretty much whatever we want as sorts. I need ideas below on what you guys would want as sortables to make this new page very useful and ideal.

My thoughts are that any eligible horse for the race should come up and it would be up to the trainer to decide which horse he enters. As im sure most trainers would have the preferences set on there horses as to distances and what sort of races they want them in. For example Stakes, Allowance or claimer. So if you click on a race it would bring all those horses up on the multi entry page. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I think with jockey bio's the first issue is that the jockeys must have certain attributes just like the horses do. Since you can't really discover this without years of races, then a quick helper would be appreciated. As an example we can assume the following are true, Some jocks are better on:

Turf - Dirt
        Sprints - Distance
        Front runner - come from behind

With just those attributes it would be great to know just the best from each rider. Franco excels on turf. I don't need to know Franco is best on turf,sprints , frontrunner...Just the one thing they are best at. Then add a little fluff to the bio as well.

At least that's how I see it, through the mask.

Candy

Comment

Pretty sure it already brings up all the horses...the request was a way to sort them. Personally i think people miss a lot of races due to how the check of race preferences. And also code conflict on those check boxes. If you have 60 horse pop up on the multi entry it can be time consuming to go through all 60. Idea is to give the ability to do it faster if you want. i suggest people actually try using the multi entry and then give some ideas.
          The Big Boss

Comment

Yes I get your point. I have noticed that the filter boxes do have conflicts in them and can be a pain in the behind.

Comment

Thats not my point however you can always uncheck the boxes

Need some ideas on the multi entry filters or i will just roll with it and move on.

Thank you!
              The Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Downs View Post
                Pretty sure it already brings up all the horses...the request was a way to sort them. Personally i think people miss a lot of races due to how the check of race preferences. And also code conflict on those check boxes. If you have 60 horse pop up on the multi entry it can be time consuming to go through all 60. Idea is to give the ability to do it faster if you want. i suggest people actually try using the multi entry and then give some ideas.
                What I suggest and I think fits with what Chris had in mind (please correct me if I'm wrong Chris) is probably to keep it simple. It already brings up all eligible horses based on conditions of age, sex, etc.
                What would be most helpful is to be able to select by barn so if I'm looking at a stakes race I can look at only the horses in my stakes barn and not accidentally enter a $5 claimer or worse yet the opposite and accidentally enter a stakes horse for $5 claiming instead being able to only select from my $5 barn.

The key is being able to pull up your own barns no matter what you call them. I might call mine a stakes barn or a $5 barn while others might call their barns by other names.

Maybe it already does this but if not it would also be helpful if it only listed horses eligible by other conditions too such as starter allowance claiming requirements, NWX25000 conditions and such so that we aren't looking at horses that don't fit all of the race conditions. This doesn't need to be done by drop down box but just by horses not even showing up if they don't meet all conditions.
                Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 05-29-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Bob, I noticed something in my stable tonight. You know how we have the ability to see our horse's best workout times, is there a way that can be limited to just single horse workouts, as it stands now a multi train work will show and it can be deceiving.

For instance when looking at workout times if there is a 5 horse multi train and it ends up being the best work out time for the horse it shows on the list and then I have to go through all the workout times to find its best single workout.

Don't know if it is feasible or how hard it would b e to implement but it would simplify things.

Burky
                  STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                  LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                  HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Downs View Post
                    Bob, I think your suggestion for filter by Group, Age, Sex, would be sufficient for reducing the number of horses pulled on the entry page. Groups alone would do well in this regard but more will be handy for wfa races. I know the number of horses in a stable can make a difference in the way one view this. I am seeing quite a bit of horses pulled up for simple races such as awk, some stakes. I would like to be able to then from that page reduce the listing by one of my groups reducing the list of eligible runners. I think many owners/trainers will see the benefit of this small and large stables alike. It is however less attractive for focused stables, such as stables running mainly stakes horses or just a hand full of horses.

As Bobby Dazzler suggested, filtering by the race type, would be nice but as you pointed out the conflict with some race types would cause horses to be skipped. Still it could be helpful.

Comment

On the Turf Champs subject, I would vote to leave for next season and beyond. You will have more time for planning and Q scheduling. It is obviously up to the community and even more so your decision. I, personally, would not like to see less sponsorship for any of the finals already announced.

But wait...Bob, you could set them up with BC of this season?

Comment

The Jockeys...
                        If they had necks I could feel, I would squeeze most about 87% of my races. as my 13% wins rate indicates. J/K.
                        I tell them, do not place the horse in lane 3 pressing pace into first turns unless you have tons of horse, they don't listen...

Jokes aside, some jocks do appear to be better at certain conditions and it would be nice to see their age, a sprint grade, classic grade and route grade and an overall dirt and turf grade, if possible. Mostly for new members and folks like myself or even just for show.
                        I know they had ratings a season or two back, would be nice to see at least those again.

Comment

"...Race nomination: - Allowing for multiple sets of jockey defaults BC Racing..."

This could be very useful. Also if horse entry can remember last set used for that horse.

Ie: say we have 5 sets and pick one for a specific horse, next time horse is nominated most recent jockeys comes up first. Something like that...

hope i'm not spamming...

Comment

Just a point about the multi entry, it will need to show all eligible horses even if a horse is entered. There should be a queue button on it as well. I have just went on to it to ear mark races for my horses and because they are entered it is useless for that purpose. It is highly unlikely that I will have all my horses sitting with no entries all at the same time. So for me this is a must or I just don't see any point in it. What are other stables thoughts on this?

Comment

Multi entry wont be showing horses that are entered into a race already during this phase.
                              The Big Boss

Comment

The Mile race was the most exciting and "Level"/unpredictblae race on the site, with MORE skill involved than any other race, REGARDLESS of surface, class, etc...

That has been erased, earradicated, eliminated. now its a random sprint like every other race

Bring it back please!

Thanks for all of the other changes, which (agree or disagree make this a better site"

IMPROVEMENTS:

1. Nomenclature of races similar to real racing, i.e. allowance races is Huge success

Orb
                                - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                                X