Track Records=Tenpins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Records=Tenpins

I have some concerns with the current rate that track records are falling. Every day we are seeing track records falling faster than tenpins. Im not sure why its happening, and in my book it seems to "cheapen" what should be a significant acheivement in a horses career. It should add some residual value to a colt or filly in the breed shed, being able to advertise them as a "track record holder", but at the moment it means nothing. Ive just tried to count how many times there has been a track record broken in the 28 days we have raced this season, and i gave up because i lost count. Even today, with just 3 races being run so far, the BEL 1 1/4 dirt record has been broken. Im proud to say that i've held my head a little higher when one of mine broke a track record, even stuck my chest out and thought about the future of my budding champion, but if you break a record at the moment you had better keep looking over your shoulder. Anyone have any thoughts on this...have we maybe had some sort of upgrade to the track conditions recently, perhaps its the New Sales Ring blood contributing? Anyway, its 11.00pm on the eastern seaboard of Australia where i am, and this is just me thinking out loud...

I don't think this is the case and I choose to be a bit more careful regarding information. Track records and their frequency have been reduced every day since the changes were made. There is a full forum post regarding this topic and is not related to the sales ring. The track record dates alone will support the reduced frequency data. Track record from this morning is from a good horse just gelded in a small field that is also a homebred. Prior to that there was a 1 1/2 mile record broken on may 26th....I believe that previous record stood for 6 years or so not seasons.

Track records are less frequent than they were in early march and will continue to be less frequent as new records are established. Please see the forum thread on this topic.

Thanks
    Bob
    The Big Boss

Comment

Will do Bob. I dont have a problem with it. Just seemed to be a lot getting broken. I will go and find that post....cheers

Comment

I have just found that post and read it very thoroughly. It is a good read, and informative as to why the records are being broken. thanks

Comment

Yeah all good...i just want to stay out in front of the issue. Pretty transparent but I am aware of concerns in general. Pros and cons all the time
          The Big Boss

Comment

Working...
          X