Breeders please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders please?

To all the stables...Can you put up some breeders please? Nobody bothers to put any up. Why?

Not sure why John, i guess people have sacrificed a lot of breeding stock in the wake of the Sales Ring horses. I suppose they are " cleaning out the closet ", and making room for the new DD- blood when the current crop of 2yo's turn 4yo..its not that far away, only a season and a half. I have kept most of mine, but they might be a little sub standard for your requirements. Most are older brigade and have quite a large number of POOR, AVERAGE, and GOOD in their conformations, i presume they were better than that at one time but have deteriorated over the seasons. I would be drawing a very long bow if i told you i had faith in them holding up against the sale ring mares. You have been kind and courteous to me over the years, and ive enjoyed our brief conversations and interactions. Also, i must say it gives me a thrill to see you with such an impressive winning strike rate,and despite sitting in 12th position on the current trainers ladder, you are clearly head and shoulders above anybody else at the moment, despite the big dollars being spent on the Sale Ring horses at the moment. I wont be much good to you with breeders..but let me know privately what you might want or need, and if i have anything i am happy to try and help out....cheers, Shane

Comment

I think the breeds per season cut down is showing here combined with the revelation of conformations. I can only use my stable as an example. Especially with the mares, my good conform ones are at 4 or 5 breeds each already. Previously it's been said that there are thousands and thousands of unused breeds, so the public breeding page would not be affected by the changes. The problem with that is those thousands and thousands of available breeds are horses that have a lot of average or poor conforms mixed it. John I have hundreds of breeds available, but they are not great conforms. No one wants to breed my Vg-A-G-P-P with the sales rings conforms in existence and one season away from breeding. To me it's just not even worth spending the dollar each to put them all up hoping I can break even on %. Plus, I'd rather just take a crack at the sales ring than post $12 worth of subpar breeders and hope to break even.

Comment

The cut down on breeds per season was a long-term goal move, so my post above isn't critical, just factual and direct to your question. The killing off of the public breeding market for this season was always going to be the sacrifice for that long-term play though.

Comment

Breeding is still a useful tool here and produce many winners. I don't care for conformations much. If any of you want to spare a few. I'd like to breed. PM me with what you have currently and I will make sure to compensate you. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
            Breeding is still a useful tool here and produce many winners. I don't care for conformations much. If any of you want to spare a few. I'd like to breed. PM me with what you have currently and I will make sure to compensate you. Thanks for reading.
            I have 4 studs and 67% of the mares that are on there now. They just aren't very good or ideal breeders to the market. I took a chance putting a lot up for $1 but, to be honest, I'm not putting any more up because I have no idea what is/isn't what others want and the risk/reward isn't there financially at the moment.

Another big thing was the age change brought down the conforms on a lot of breeders from last season. I think most people look their first. For instance, Nb Polywantsaquacker that's up there now dropped a level in all his conforms down to average when the age change happened.

Comment

I cleaned out my breeding shed in an effort to get ready for the influx of sales ring horse, most of mine were sub par and needed to go.

Burky
              STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

The Sales Ring has effectively killed the breeding program until Jan 2021. Ok, there will be a small amount of breeding happening in Season 47, but it will be minimal. The real question is, why house and store retired mares and studs when you can just pay $10,000 - $13,000 for a foal off the SR which will most likely be better than the foal you home -breed, and may be a superstar?

When I started I logically researched the best breeding lines and tried to tap into them. I quickly learned that while I might produce a foal that could win a race or two, I would have just as much luck buying creates and hoping for a winner that way. There are plenty of breeders listed on the public market, they just aren't any good and can't produce at the same level as the SR. This is not a complaint nor an endorsement, just a fact.

For me, (The newbie) it's a great thing because it appears that all the good breeders were previously kept by the big barns and they would only make available their second tier breeders so that they would make a profit selling foals that were worse than the ones they kept. This is bad for the Veterans and this is why many have left.

The question is...Will there come a time where the new SR horses will consistently produce foals that are better than those from the SR? If they don't, then we the new veterans are wasting time and money with horses in the freezer hoping for big profits in 2021. So is it better to pay $75 - $100 for a 3 ex mare that can produce 15 foals, or would it be better to buy 13 SR horses and get a 3x along with 12 other horses that can run and breed.

This is my own personal struggle.

Candy

Comment

2 of the top 4 earners this year are not from the Sales Ring

Comment

I have two of my top breeding studs up already Coach Night and Watch My Dust If you want to use them feel free...
                    Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

Bred a nice one , thanks flip farms for the help

Another one bites
                      1:08.52

Comment

Bird Flu and Secret Cove look decent too thanks AMR for helping out

Comment

Nice analysis of bloodlines too John. Those are first 2 foals by Bird Theory. I just retired him this season and hadn't bred anything with him myself yet.
                          Congrats

Comment

Bird Flu won AMR

Comment

I know I saw...gratz

Comment

Working...
                              X