Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather - Track Conditions

Our new track conditions are live.

Fast Good Mud options for dirt and Firm Yielding and Soft for turf. The 7 day track forecast is also live on your main stable page. Click to view next 7 days. Track condition is also posted on the race schedule and in race results.

You are also now able to train your horses with different track conditions. Fast tracks are faster than wet tracks so most work times will be slower when reducing the condition. In racing...it's how horses handle the condition in comparison to other horses in the race.

Please take note - all past race history and track condition will not give you any insight on how your horse will handle surface. 9--25-20 and forward is what to review.
    The Big Boss

So Bob with the track conditions for training purposes it really won't give us an indication of whether a horse prefers a different going as you indicated wet track will be slower which makes sense so to evaluate what surface a horse likes they really need to be raced. Is there any value to be gained by training horses on the different surfaces, or if we multi train horses will that give us an indication of surface preference.

Just trying to figure out if it is worth the time to train horses over the different surfaces or just continue to train on fast adn see what happens when they actually run/

Burky
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Hi Burky, it was my urging to have weather options available for works. It is two-fold. If you have got hold of a new horse via homebreeding or SR or Create, if the track is wet on that day or for a few days, you won't know whether the horse is showing X times because it doesn't worry if the track is wet or not. If it is training 1:09.10+ on a wet track, is it because it doesn't like wet or it is just glue-worthy or is that a good wet time? Agreed you can wait until the track becomes fast to train them fully but that could cost you a valuable race to set for.

Norm
      "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

I asked this yesterday in the Discord and got no response. Are the new track conditions just labeling of what was already there and was running in the background being shown as Fast/Firm everyday or is this new program elements being added to the game?

Comment

Look at that. lol

Comment

im confused by the weather. Today (30th Sept) the weather on main page is Dirt-Fast and Turf-Firm. There are dirt races at Santa Anita being run on "good". Are there different conditions for different tracks each day?..just asking because im not sure. Example..tommorrow (1st Oct) the main stable page tells us that Dirt is Good and Turf is Yeilding..but when you look at the reace feilds for tommorrow, Dirt is Fast and turf is Firm...am i missing something?
            Last edited by Polaris Bloodstock; 09-30-2020, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Hi Shane,

We are still working on all the pages regarding weather and how they communicate with other pages. I have also noticed an issue with the jockey selection page. We are working on this as fast as we can.

Bob
              The Big Boss

Comment

Winning420 as originally posted there is nothing historically to take from results and to look at 9-25 and forward when reviewing track condition impact. In the past we ran fast and firm every day and this is no longer the case. This would then be considered new.
                The Big Boss

Comment

Polaris Bloodstock

Looks like the schedule calendar is not updating to the 7 day forecast and is showing fast / firm for all. Which would be correct for anything outside of 7 days. We will work on showing exact condition inside of 7 days on those calendar pages. The race entry pages are showing the correct condition as well as the front 7 day projection.
                  The Big Boss

Comment

Thanks Tock..im getting a handle on the weather now. I like the idea as well. I was just a little confused at the different readings. Im now just going off the race entry pages. Thanks Tocky and good luck mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X