A Few Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions

I am a returning player, joining under a new stable name for a fresh start and to take advantage of the free races that look to have been implemented this season. I always enjoyed DD however it was an expensive hobby, I’ve never won a stakes race or anything of the sort so I don’t expect it to be an issue that I am ‘ditching’ my old stable. For reference sake, I was previously Weapon Stable. My goal is to slowly build a small stable up and get back into the site at my own pace.

I’m not sure how much has changed but everything seems at a very basic level, very much the same.

However I do have some questions.

Horseshoes: These seem to be free to add onto my created/starter horses? Is that meant to be the case? I wasn’t prompted to purchase them, they worked just like Blinkers/Shadowroll/Tongue tie? Then on a horse I purchased from the sales page, it looks to charge me the $2. So the question is, are the horseshoes just free for the starter horses but never again? Does anyone have an ‘expert opinion’ on what exactly these do?

Vet cost: This says it costs $2,000 however I look to have only been charged $1,000?

Trial times: Have ‘good’ trial times come down since I last played? I used to be under the impression that a 6f push of around 1:09 was a good time to start with. However upon perusing the sales page, I managed to pick up 2 fillies that what I thought were good times. One was worked fully and ran a very high 1:08.9 and the other was worked once for quite a low 1:09. Just wondering if this is this a case of impatient or high standard trainers, or if the times they are running are just not great anymore?

Seasons: I cant seem to find anywhere on the site which actually has the dates of seasons listed? I’ve joined up, but have no idea when the next season will begin or the current will end etc.

General site questions –

New stables: Is there currently much activity happening for these newer stables? Is anything else planned to get more players in the site?

Site activity: Is site activity as a whole on the up? Or is it trending down? I see a lot of familiar faces and it has always seemed to be the case that the better trainers stick around but just wondering in general if there is more or less activity/racing then in the past?

That’s about all I can think of atm. I look forward to getting back on the track!

Cheers
    Duncan

Hi Duncan and welcome back. I'm going to try and help with my opinion on some of your questions and then perhaps some others can chime in as well. If you would like any specific help or questions please don't hesitate to PM me.
    Paul

Originally posted by Griffin Racing View Post
    I am a returning player, joining under a new stable name for a fresh start and to take advantage of the free races that look to have been implemented this season. I always enjoyed DD however it was an expensive hobby, I’ve never won a stakes race or anything of the sort so I don’t expect it to be an issue that I am ‘ditching’ my old stable. For reference sake, I was previously Weapon Stable. My goal is to slowly build a small stable up and get back into the site at my own pace.
    The stable issue is of course up to admin so I'll let Bob or Brian wheigh in on this one
    I’m not sure how much has changed but everything seems at a very basic level, very much the same.
    The basic game is the same with a few changes and additions
    However I do have some questions.

Horseshoes: These seem to be free to add onto my created/starter horses? Is that meant to be the case? I wasn’t prompted to purchase them, they worked just like Blinkers/Shadowroll/Tongue tie? Then on a horse I purchased from the sales page, it looks to charge me the $2. So the question is, are the horseshoes just free for the starter horses but never again? Does anyone have an ‘expert opinion’ on what exactly these do?
    I don't know about free to starter horses but would make some sense. Bob or Brian can answer that.
    As far as their purpose you might get differing opinions on that. When they were first introduced they were touted by admin as increasing the lifespan of a horses racing career by reducing the wear and tear of races on a horse. They were not touted as improving performance although they generally improve workout times. Because of how they were touted I originally only put them on my better horses instead of everyone. Then I had a couple of cheaper horses who were consistently ITM but seldom won so I decided to try shoes on them and they seemed to improve and won a few races so I think there might be a performance benefit to them so now I put them on all horses that I decide to race regardless of class.

Vet cost: This says it costs $2,000 however I look to have only been charged $1,000?
    This is correct. It says 2000 but only costs 1000. This should be corrected in the vet wording on the horse pages Bob.
    Trial times: Have ‘good’ trial times come down since I last played? I used to be under the impression that a 6f push of around 1:09 was a good time to start with. However upon perusing the sales page, I managed to pick up 2 fillies that what I thought were good times. One was worked fully and ran a very high 1:08.9 and the other was worked once for quite a low 1:09. Just wondering if this is this a case of impatient or high standard trainers, or if the times they are running are just not great anymore?
    You could probably ask 10 trainers on this and get at least 8 different answers as to what a good work time is these days. Several more factors actually go into determining a horses quality than just a 6f work time. In general I would say that quality work times have come down. My opinion is that this is simply natural evolution thru the fact that as time goes by more quality horses are bred and then added to peoples breeding stock to breed more quality horses. Just as in real life times tend to go down over time as more quality is bred.
    Seasons: I cant seem to find anywhere on the site which actually has the dates of seasons listed? I’ve joined up, but have no idea when the next season will begin or the current will end etc.
    Currently seasons are 4 months long. The current season ends the end of August and new one starts first of September. Bob has floated the idea of 6 month seasons starting January 1 though so stay tuned.
    General site questions –

New stables: Is there currently much activity happening for these newer stables? Is anything else planned to get more players in the site?
    It's a slow process but Bob is working on ideas to increase the community size.
    Site activity: Is site activity as a whole on the up? Or is it trending down? I see a lot of familiar faces and it has always seemed to be the case that the better trainers stick around but just wondering in general if there is more or less activity/racing then in the past?
    The race card has improved since Bob took over the site and while I haven't kept any stats on it my perception in general is that participation in the races is up with more races running with larger fields.
    That’s about all I can think of atm. I look forward to getting back on the track!
    If I can help at all please don't hesitate to PM me.
    Cheers
    Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by And More Racing Stable View Post
      Hi Duncan and welcome back. I'm going to try and help with my opinion on some of your questions and then perhaps some others can chime in as well. If you would like any specific help or questions please don't hesitate to PM me.
      Paul

Thanks AMRS, appreciate the response.

Comment

"Vet cost: This says it costs $2,000 however I look to have only been charged $1,000?
        This is correct. It says 2000 but only costs 1000. This should be corrected in the vet wording on the horse pages Bob."

I will correct this...thank you!

Comment

Kinda been waiting around to hear back and doing nothing but logging in to check lol - but it doesn't look like we have really followed through on the new stable benefits etc so I'll just fire up the old stable.
          Last edited by Weapon Stable; 07-12-2019, 01:44 AM. Reason: updated spelling of 'hear' lol

Comment

What specific new stable benefits are u speaking of that you are waiting to hear back about?

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
              What specific new stable benefits are u speaking of that you are waiting to hear back about?
              I was joining as a new stable to take advantage of the free races for a month or two while I got back into the swing of things. There are no free races on the card that I could see.

Comment

Yes...the free races were added and removed. They were set up incorrectly and limited the entries to trial members. Races would not fill for this reason. The free races will be rolled back out but will be available to all members. Sometimes you have a good idea but don't know how it will actually play out until it is implemented. In this case we rolled it back with the intention of trying it again in a better way.

Comment

That sounds even better for me! Cool. Sounds like progress in any case!

Comment

Working...
                  X