Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curious Case of the "Nothingman"

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_hors...cc=1&p1=903124

Looks great. 1st or a close 2nd in 7 of his first 8 races. Then what? He's totally shot only 13 races in. Just ran a 1:09:05 on 100 meters getting a great trip. Anyone ever see something fall off the map so quickly with so few races? I'm sure you have. Just checking to see if it's a gelding thing or totally random that he's gone to garbage and will be in the 1k or 3k ranks

This is a horse that beat Orblivion, Mill Mine If I Stay, Loneisdesparate

Comment

Geldings tend to fade quickly in this game, that's why I hate geldings!!!

Comment

2 of the 3 horses above were geldings, and winning nice purses between races 30-40 in open allowances. So what determines a gelding that loses it after race 8? And loses it after race 50? A random luck thing?

Comment

That's the frustrating part, I have some geldings running well into the age change... I have many though that just are finished. Not sure what it is but the longevity of geldings are short on many.

Comment

Mill Mine If I Stay was gelded "late" into his career. I want to say after 15 races maybe a bit less. I'm not sure if it "bought" him more longevity in his career gelding that late, but it certainly didn't hurt as he's been competitive for a few seasons now. I remember thinking your horse was going to make some noise in the create division the way he dominated so early on. I'm not sure why the sudden tale off with the limited amount of races too. I wish I could find an explanation, but I can't.

May the horse be with you!
            Jason
            ATM Stables

Comment

Take a look at my beloved CONCUSSION. Won his FIRST 8 RACES.... Has ZERO speed and Below Average Stamina now.

Gelding, naturally.

In an unrelated story, I created DIVORCE FORCE (for obvious reasons), and he seemed average in sprints.....GELDED him, and now for the DASH, he runs THESE workouts regularly:
              07Jan17 Belmont DD Dirt fst 4.0f 21.55 43.50 1 1 1 Sutherland C(P) V 120 s

RACE HISTORY
              01/09/17-C2 Calder DD Dirt fst 5f 21.52 43.87 57.31 MdSpWt 4 1(2) 1(4) 1 99 Ortiz I. Jr (J) V 120 s 9
              -Orb
              Last edited by Orb Farms; 01-13-2017, 11:22 PM.
              - Orb Farms

Comment

This has happened to many of my geldings too Jersey

Regards,

Orb
                - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                X