Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thrilled to be part of at least one elite group with some of you All-Time Greats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrilled to be part of at least one elite group with some of you All-Time Greats

All,

I am Thrilled to be part of at least one elite group with some of you All-Time Greats!

I just moved past Falcon Oaks into 15th place on the all-time wins list, in very short order.....something Greeko will be joining me within a season or two!

One of the more rewarding aspects of the game, and here's to 1050 more wins to crack the top 10!

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Congrats Orb - very nice winning percentage
    Admin.

Comment

Congrats Orb, well done.

Today I found myself wondering how much those on the list have spent for their respective place on the list. Curious to know if anyone is actually ahead. If I had to guess, net of my current balance, I probably have less than a grand in it. I could be wrong but don't think I am too far off. Just something to make you go hmmmm.
      Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Yes I believe you and I to be anomalies in no uncertain terms.....You with your financial management, and me with conservation of 3,000 fewer races to get there

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Congrats Orb, well done.

Comment

I see that forum police are deleting posts now.

Comment

What happened?

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Worthy of congrats, but not of comparison. It is a very different game from what it was when those guys were racing. And may Al (Falcon Oaks) rest in peace.
                Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Thanks GLL, did not mean any harm by my post....Somehow I feel like I did it again.....I apologize for bringing it up.

Good luck all, and yes, some of the all time greats are no longer with us, may they rest in peace......I have some at work, and in my family too, and it's tough......it happens, but the memory always stays.

Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Oh, and what is not to compare? Ryan Express, Aquaman, and Berkshire all had nearly IDENTICAL seasons to me in seasons 5, season 7, season 10, season 15......Maybe you can explain to me, because their races raced, and their winning percentages were similar???

So is horse racing, so is Hockey, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball....Not one is NOT a "different game" today.....so the point is hard for me to follow? EVERY sport is a "different game" than they were even 8-10 years ago???

Would love an explanation, maybe I missed a bunch in the early years.....but again, the races per season, and many winning percentages were identical.....so I am not sure what prompted you to take this position? Just curious.

Orb
                    Last edited by Orb Farms; 02-15-2017, 01:40 AM.
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

I'll start with saying you've been very successful and your win percentage over now 6200 races is certainly an elite accomplishment to say the least. I've witnessed how much time and training you put into all your horses that I've claimed. I know that takes a considerable amount of time, studying, LEARNING, and effort. All of that should be commended.

With that aside, I'd also suggest that you are at a point and a success level where there's no need to give yourself an "atta boy". But that's only a minor constructive criticism as it's just a personal pet peeve of mine and there are a few people here that do it a bit too often. I think you're well at the point where you can act like you've been there.

It is a fact that you, despite falling off the wagon with frustration at times, are a quick learner and excel at the game when level-headed. I know that you are a history guy so I'll use a nice little reference from a time period I know you enjoy. As Dr Franklin and Mr Adams were making changes to Mr Jefferson's draft of a declaration of independence, Dr Franklin changed one of the phrases to say "We hold these truths to be self-evident..." Your success and time consuming studious approach to the game are both self-evident. Let them speak for themselves on the leader board.

Keep at it.
                      -Mike

Comment

So does this mean I cant pat myself on the back when r if I win a Champ Race? MMMMMM.. I think we all in life love bragging on ourselfs at some point in time.. Its Human Nature... . So whats the harm? Anyway Orb U can brag if you want IMO... I know I will if I ever get to that level........LOL
                        The King Has Spoken

Comment

Originally posted by King G Racing View Post
                          So does this mean I cant pat myself on the back when r if I win a Champ Race? MMMMMM.. I think we all in life love bragging on ourselfs at some point in time.. Its Human Nature... . So whats the harm? Anyway Orb U can brag if you want IMO... I know I will if I ever get to that level........LOL
                          Congrats on being the biggest dip on the site G. You've really earned it.
                          ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                          Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                          https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

It's a forum and one should be able to write anything they please as long as it is within the guidelines. Deleting posts unnecessarily is not in the site's best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha Farms View Post
                              It's a forum and one should be able to write anything they please as long as it is within the guidelines. Deleting posts unnecessarily is not in the site's best interest.
                              ​Eric your post that was deleted was in my eyes was insulting to other members of the site. Even when you added the line that your not saying that about anyone here . That was my biggest issue with your post. We give a lot of freedom to post what ever most trainers like . I also have not deleted post that insult the site , but wont allow them to insult other trainers .We try to keep the forum family friendly . We also don't want the forum to become a sales spam forum , when some trainers in the past would post 10+ times about their sales . If you have any more questions feel free to PM me . Thanks and Good Luck
                              Last edited by Lone Star Stables; 02-15-2017, 12:15 PM.
                              Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X