Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thrilled to be part of at least one elite group with some of you All-Time Greats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is That A Pat On The Back For Me B? Or do I get a trophy? Either way I love it. Now Let Me Bragg.. Mighty King G Is The Best.......LMAO
    The King Has Spoken

Comment

Family fun, really? Well I guess that explains the third grader in the room.
      Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Jesus H. Patting myself on the back? By my remaining integrity, and on my kids honor, this is the last straw for me. Please remove me from the forums. Y'all win. I was trying VERY, VERY hard to get in the top 15.....It was a goal for me for 3 seasons, and I busted my ass. I am sorry for sharing my sheer joy for accomplishing that goal.

You win.

Good luck everyone.

I have no more need for this forum. It's not what I thought it was. I own my misgivings.....most of the time apologizing within a day or two.... I'll do the same here. Many, many apologies for over-patting myself on the back....... Truly, not being sarcastic.......

PM me from 9.44PM, 02/16/2017 MST, forever going forward. Thanks Jersey for inspiring my final post........But it was inevitable...

Now Admin, kindly subtract me from this feckless equation.

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by King G Racing View Post
          So does this mean I cant pat myself on the back when r if I win a Champ Race? MMMMMM.. I think we all in life love bragging on ourselfs at some point in time.. Its Human Nature... . So whats the harm? Anyway Orb U can brag if you want IMO... I know I will if I ever get to that level........LOL
          [hard swallow]...It's tough to admit but once again I'm going to agree with G and I find myself on Orb's side in this matter. Orb, you go ahead and pat yourself on the back for reaching a goal that you wanted to achieve. Everybody has different goals and IMO there is nothing wrong with voicing your pride when you accomplish one. I am guilty myself this season because I set out to upgrade my stable and I have done so. I'm proud to say I have 5 or 6 horses that will be in 7 or 8 champ finals this season and I didn't have to breed 50 horses to get them. Some will say I've just been lucky and maybe they are right but I think I've done a good job and that makes me proud and makes me want to shout it from the mountain tops. Too many people seem to think it is their right to be offended by someone expressing their pride...if you are offended by that then I feel sorry for you. You don't have the right to tell me I can't pat myself on the back or Orb that he can't or G that he can't (if he ever gets gets a reason to)...j/k G. I don't know what was in Erics post that Lone felt was insulting but I think some of the posts to Orb are quite insulting. Keep your objections to yourself...watch this open a can of worms...oh well!...rant over!

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
            Oh, and what is not to compare? Ryan Express, Aquaman, and Berkshire all had nearly IDENTICAL seasons to me in seasons 5, season 7, season 10, season 15......Maybe you can explain to me, because their races raced, and their winning percentages were similar???

So is horse racing, so is Hockey, Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball....Not one is NOT a "different game" today.....so the point is hard for me to follow? EVERY sport is a "different game" than they were even 8-10 years ago???

Would love an explanation, maybe I missed a bunch in the early years.....but again, the races per season, and many winning percentages were identical.....so I am not sure what prompted you to take this position? Just curious.

Orb
            I said that because the YOY comparisons are hard here, just like in regular racing. It doesn't diminish your accomplishment, but it was just a different game, different atmosphere back then. Maybe Norm or Bill remember whether the stables had as many horses. It seems like there were more stables, larger fields, but more spread out. And a different "pace" to the game- of that I am certain. And kind of like Hippo the good horses were really, really spread out because of where the game was in its earlier stages. And nothing about your post was offensive (at least not to me anyhow). It just reminded me of Al, who I knew personally (not just here) and that he died. Thus the rest in peace bit. He is in the red shirt here in this pic.
            Attached Files
            Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

So for fun here is a top 10 from 10 years ago.....you will see what I mean about the "spread out" bit. This was for the whole season, and look at the number of races run by each. We have stables running more than that already this year. And yeah- Rory's stable was a beast lol. He's a data guy that could even give you a run for your money in that dept. Orb.

Sparc Stables 1139/223/173/182 3092487 19.58
              2 Getting Lucky Lodge 1340/219/227/217 3205496 16.34
              3 Falcon Oaks 1118/172/176/191 2359257 15.38
              4 Ryan Express 630/155/115/93 2456171 24.60
              5 Star Of The Desert 601/106/115/97 1839252 17.64
              6 Contemporary Stables 564/102/101/89 1366608 18.09
              7 Aardvark Stables 464/88/75/76 1170129 18.97
              8 Ginkamo Stables 469/67/72/96 790673 14.29
              9 Favorite Trick 421/61/69/57 876457 14.49
              10 Sky High 439/59/66/64 479487 13.44
              Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha Farms View Post
                Family fun, really? Well I guess that explains the third grader in the room.
                Just to clarify, this was not directed at Orb. I thought it was pretty obvious. I am a big fan of Orb Farms and have a ton of respect for him despite our different approach to the game.
                Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
                  Jesus H. Patting myself on the back? By my remaining integrity, and on my kids honor, this is the last straw for me. Please remove me from the forums. Y'all win. I was trying VERY, VERY hard to get in the top 15.....It was a goal for me for 3 seasons, and I busted my ass. I am sorry for sharing my sheer joy for accomplishing that goal.

You win.

Good luck everyone.

I have no more need for this forum. It's not what I thought it was. I own my misgivings.....most of the time apologizing within a day or two.... I'll do the same here. Many, many apologies for over-patting myself on the back....... Truly, not being sarcastic.......

PM me from 9.44PM, 02/16/2017 MST, forever going forward. Thanks Jersey for inspiring my final post........But it was inevitable...

Now Admin, kindly subtract me from this feckless equation.

Orb
                  Oh stop. I gave you some tongue in cheek constructive criticism by pointing out how successful you are at the game. I also said it's a personal pet peeve of mine for people to point out their own accomplishments and I didn't want you to turn into one of "those" because I think you're better than that. To be honest, there's even a section that says you can brag about your own horses so I'm the one that's out of place even commenting about your post in the first place. It's my personality that's not fitting in and I shouldn't be trying to mold you to mine.

You obviously chose to completely gloss over all the good things I said about you. I bust your balls a lot because, as I stated in the last post, I think you are extremely intelligent and very good at the game but you sometimes (even admittedly on your end) fall off the forum wagon. Someone like you has a huge influence on the game and could be a positive force for newcomers for years to come if you just adapted your approach even a bit more.

Case in point for the wagon comment, for the umpteenth time now you are stating you're quitting the forum in dramatic fashion.

Tell you what, since clearly it is too easy for me to push your buttons I will refrain from replying to anything you say in the forums. It's obviously not producing anything positive. Consider this a permanent and gentlemanly apology and then agreement to be on my way.

Comment

Working...
                  X