Bye Bye Greymatter !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Greymatter !!!

Here i thought my horse ran away because i didn't take care of him well, looked for him all 3 tabs like 5 times each then realised he was Claimed!! Gl with him Winner Circle

Im not sure if i spammed this msg if i did SORRY i kept getting errors when i tried to post,did not mean to spam if i did!!

Comment

Thank you Beast, not sure what I'm going to do with him right yet, but claimers are not in his agenda for now. He has so many other races he can run first.

Comment

Typically owners do not claim 98% of claim-nominated horses from new stables, as a matter of historical precedent.......but a new stable claiming from a new stable might be a little different. Also, if you throw out a horse with really good workouts, there are at least 8-10 stables who may not have been here long enough to have even experienced this precedent.

With that said, claimers are always open to potential claims...... I have not looked at your horse, and no one did anything wrong here, just sharing my experiences from my 6-7 seasons here.....and this happens from time to time every season.

More horses will come Beastmode and WCR,

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

I'm new here but having a hard time understanding what difference that makes when entering a claim race, Its self explanatory if you read the race your putting your horse in. Its up to the stable owner to decide what value he will put on his horses head and be OK with losing it. I've claimed 1000 to 30000 horses so far and only been here a month. I was told by many of you it was a great way to learn how others train and get breeders of my own. Best advice you guys gave me so far. Another problem I got is when this so called 98% won't claim another stables horse due to being new or he other stable is a friend or he doesn't want it to happen to him is ruining the whole Idea of a claimer race. It also gives stables a chance to take advantage of throwing in ringers to win these races because there are low chances of anyone claiming them. Now you got great horses running 20000 claimers. The other guy that's afraid to lose his horse wont compete. I've got horses winning Alw races that should have been in a claimer race but found that's where the Alw horses are because it more money to win. Claimers are full and the other races have 3 to 4 horses in them, you got to show or win,,,lol. I see one big problem with the race schedule as Greeko pointed out, There are no races for 4Ys so you put then in claimers, there should be lots more with same weight. If I was to walk down the middle of the road, 98% of people will try to miss me, its that other 2% that keeps me on the side walk.

Comment

WCR I believe what Orb was saying is the older stables will not claim from a new stable if they see it should not be running that cheap but try and tell the newer stable to run it in a higher class. As far as friends not claiming from friends I must not have any friends. Because just today my mentor and friend (?) (lol) Royal Oaks claimed two mares off of me. I know he saw that they were kin to some nice runners of mine and bought them for his breeding operation. When I put them in claimers they are free game except that one time I really messed up entering a stakes horse in a 6000 claimer thinking it was a 6000 added race but that is another story. So for all the new stables do claim some cheaper ones from the larger stables you may learn something plus they might be able to run in a higher class or get some decent bloodlines cheap.
            Eddie

ps after I wrote this I retired the worse mare (winless in 10 races) from my good mare that is a half-sister to both of those that were claimed today. First work from her first foal 10902. So if you want to get into the breeding on this site you can always find kin to good ones that are running cheap that might turn out to be good breeders.
            Last edited by Taylorandtaryn; 05-08-2017, 03:23 PM. Reason: added ps

Comment

Eddie, thank you for sharing your views and I seen the claims your talking about, they should make Royal Oaks some good breeders. Orb is my mentor and I listen to his advice every chance I can. He was just sharing his views as I was. I thank him for that. I have claimed two horses off new members. One was from SSS because I knew he was asking for help and the only way was to claim a 1000 horse and see what he was doing wrong. The other one was last night from race #1 because I seen the same thing, the horse hadn't been trained. It will take a month or better to retrain these two horses now to see if they are worth even training. I did these two guys a favor because they keep racing them and losing their money. Best for them to get help and buy a new horse. All good here, I hope I didn't offend anyone here, that was the last thing I wanted to do. I only want to explain how I see things and ask for your opinions in return. I think your all great friendly folks.

Comment

You are well on your way both of you (WCR and Beastmode) to becoming staples here.....Keep the faith!

Orb
                - Orb Farms

Comment

I had tags also T but lost the shake........... dang it
                  The King Has Spoken

Comment

See WCR more of my good friends taking my poor horses. You just keep doing what you're doing off to nice beginning.
                    Eddie

Comment

Thanks Eddie, see you all on the track and best of luck to all

Comment

I don't mind my horse being claimed it was a good pick up in my opinion as i had high regards for it as a sprinter i just didnt think anyone would notice it and on a 30k claim i think it was :P
                        Noob mistake on my behalf for putting him in a claim.Lesson learned,i do hope he does turn out good though

Comment

Working...
                        X