The Orb - GOAT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Orb - GOAT?

Before the ownership change (this is not an attack....merely a landmark in time, and nothing more), I was EASILY the proud possessor of the most amazing 28.00% winning percentage, spanning north of 9,000 races. Despite a 2-season slump, Orb's win percentage is still flirting JUST south of 28.00%. To put this feat in context, the RARE Hall of Famer here Ryan Express, among the TRUE greats, was the resident "men among boys" pertaining to win %. His nearly 24.00% was MILES ahead of the rest of the players to ever have taken the silk and cap!

Orb STILL sits almost FOUR percentage points ahead of Ryan Express..... Despite the horrific slump, this 2-seasons-long mysterious drop in form and class.....

Since this time, Orb Farms won at a 12.76% clip.

Now,

The Orb is the GREATEST trainer of all time in one capacity, if not many, many more.

Orb's philosophy is simple quite honestly - "Enter a race that protects your horse (if you really want to keep the horse), and also serves as the VERY easiest race to win.

Approaching nearly a calendar-decade-long-career, Orb did this at a clip SO MUCH better than any other trainer to EVER have played the game, that it was almost a mathematical marvel; actually, it IS.

Granted, Even Orb steps aside and takes a bow when a Ryan Express, Norm, Eddie, etc enters the room.....enough said when the all around very best ever - a handful of 5 or 6 trainers, including the aforementioned....they get and deserve ALL of the respect. But I would imagine that the UNBELIEVABLE stable economy, resourcefulness, and sheer grit impresses even the small handful of TRUE GOATS here on planet Digi.

Food for thought.

Orbvus Successus
    - Orb Farms

Truly marvellous figures Orb, your attention to detail is remarkable indeed. Always a man for deep facts and figures, you are held in very high esteem by your DD counterparts. As for your apparent "slump" .. i offer nothing, a man of such bright intelligence as yourself will find the solution..cheers buddy!!

Comment

I am intentionally "hiding" today's post inside this thread, as the research is still ongoing.... but I have learned what most significant change has altered the landscape on the site.

This is difficult to explain, but I will take a stab by using the 1 Mile race (as an entity "in and of itself") as an example.

Jockey decides is now expanded, allowing for the traditional Jockey Decides option, plus the 3 new options that came from expanding/opening "Jockey Decides".

So far - and my research is young - The 1 Mile race is impacted most dramatically, insofar as pace-setters are literally "wiring" fields with relative ease and very little pressure. This is something that was virtually unheard of in the pre-change landscape.

....I always thought the race engine could do a "better job" of using relative front-end pace to dictate the effectiveness of closers, especially deep closers in hotly-contested front-end speed duels. And perhaps the newer "today's" landscape is actually doing a better job.... I am leaning that it IS actually.

*** The adjustments will come when players adapt to this new landscape. ***

....If we have a one mile race today, and 8 horses are in the race....and 6 of the 8 horses are on "Relax or Close", 1 Steady, and 1 Stalk from a router.... The front end speed SHOULD and DOES hold up, and I believe that owners have yet to adjust. In the old engine, we could simply RELAX and place top 3 with our best ones, carte blanche essentially.

This extends to sprints. "Jockey Decides" was in my opinion somewhat of an "equalizer" for bad gate draws in sprints. My line of thinking was that the "artificial intelligence" within the Jockey Decides selection algorithm seemed to choose the "BEST of the 3 potential options", most of the time. Today, that is not the case, and in fact....with more spread out options... the "Occam's Razor" theory applies with perfection - the fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line..... sprinting with the LEAST amount of "most" sprint one can use to win (I told you this was confusing, but makes lucid sense to me).

My guess is that I perhaps utilized "Jockey Decides" more than ANY OTHER PLAYER for my successful stretch of seasons, in sprint races.

Anyway, it's exiting and frustrating at the same time, and hopefully we are granted enough time to sort out theses new changes, before any more are adopted.

Best,

Orbvus Cerbrelaus

- Orb Farms

Comment

Whatever happened to Orb the professor ?

Comment

LOL THE PROFESSOR
          SPARTANS! What is YOUR profession?

WAR! WAR! WAR!

Comment

Working...
          X