Mutli-Train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutli-Train

(Sorry, I meant Multi Work not Multi Train)

I along with probably many other stables don't use the Multi-Work(MW) feature much. I used to use it for previous Eliminator candidates but wasn't able to glean much info from it. In fact, it had the reverse effect, it displayed horses that looked better than others but as the season wore on, this wasn't the case. The main reason being the limited variables you can use. It was just a novelty to watch yearlings race before the new season started . However, I believe with a few adjustments, it can become the #1 tool for all stables to gauge how good or bad their horses are before they start their racing careers or for different set-ups for seasoned horses.

1. Increase the number of horses per MW up to 12.
    2. Allow selection of different jockeys on those horses.
    3. Allow selection of different weights for each horse to bring it in line with individual race weights.
    4. Allow selection of different tracks to see which horses prefer which tracks.(this is already in place)
    5. Allow horses to be placed in any starter gate not alphabetically.
    6. Allow each horse to have an individual instruction.
    7. Allow distances up to 12F.

Having this in place will have the side benefit of a practical teaching tool for new stables by allowing them to see what effect any change to the above has on each horse. Therefore on race day, they know that they have set their horse to its best potential. Of course, they can only see how good their horse is against its own stablemates but when they do enter horses in races, they can quickly learn which class it belongs to.

As per current MW format I would only allow one MW per horse per day. You could even set a nominal fee on each trial because it will tell a trainer valuable information just like the Vet does with the meds.

As usual, I don't know how much programming this would involve but I do believe that money spent on these adjustments would benefit the game no end and allow stables to overcome the current workout enigma.

Comments?

Norm
    Last edited by Trunoble Lodge; 09-17-2015, 04:48 AM.
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

I like this idea..thank you Norm. Lets see what others say
    Tockyocky Racing
    From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

i love it

Comment

Other important benefits of having this in place:

1. Stables can gain real time jockey updates, i.e. who's hot, who's not.
        2. Horses with/without heart will be easily seen.
        3. Horses that are likely to lead and those that will close.
        4. Times will be more closely aligned to real race times.
        5. Narrowing down best distance scenarios for all horses.

and probably a lot more I haven't thought of.

Norm

Comment

Sorry Trunoble, this basically sounds like free racing to see if a horse is worth the risk of racing. I think all of the things about the horse you are trying to figure out with your "training" idea, should only be figured out on the track.

Horse racing is more than winning, it's also about evaluation and discovery.....and yes it's risky. Just be thankful DD doesn't incorporate injuries and instant death, although I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

....just my opinion.

Comment

It wouldn't replace the current workout functions that we have in place already. Nobody has to use it. Yes it is a free race but only among your horses. You still have to tackle other stable's steeds in races. In real racing, a trainer would issue instructions to his workout rider who in turn would pass on his thoughts after the workout. That is no different to what I am proposing. Random injuries have been discussed in days gone by but haven't created much enthusiasm. In my mind, the only way an injury simulation would work is that a horse returns from a race with all meters on zero. This would take approximately 7-9 real days to get them back to racing levels. Appreciate your opinion.

Norm

Comment

I have thought of something else. The weather condition function could be added to it as well. That would allow trainers to see which horses are the mudders and which aren't. Previous attempts have failed because there currently is no way of isolating this variable. That can introduce a new reality aspect of the game.

Comment

What I am proposing above will revolutionize the game. The game is complex with many hidden variables. The revised MW will answer so many questions about horse ability and best set-up for each horse. However I really need everyone's input to expose flaws (unseen to me), improvements or just a simple click on the 'like' button. Admin won't implement it no matter how good it is, if only a couple of people have expressed an opinion. It will cost money probably a lot of money to change the programming of the MW but Admin has to determine that the cost involved will be for the benefit of the game and the majority of players. Positive or negative responses, doesn't matter, just respond in some form or another. Then we can put it up for implementation or shelve it.

I thank Sparc for his recent post about quick workouts not being transferred to the race track. That 'sparked' (pun intended) my enthusiasm to draft the MW proposal which will answer his concerns.

Norm

Comment

There has to be some growth trajectory in the game, as with all projects....Whether this is the precise finished project or not..........there will be those of us who line up for and against it.......so please comment on the matter one way or the other.....After all, this is one place that truly allows its owners - like a co-op - to form the committees that help create the changes!

I personally would take a back seat to some of you seasoned vets........However, My interest is certainly peaked by Norm's comments, and I am more inclined to vote FOR rather than against this...at least based on the feedback provided so far by our community.

At the very least, we need to be able to treat Multi-Horse workouts like individual workouts, with the same luxuries. Once per day, even on unraced horses is good too. I am actually a fan of jockeys having much larger profiles, and more representative jockeys - a list where 25 or more jockeys are worth trying out... Once again this season, we have a list of 8 jockeys who are good, and another 5 or 6 who can fill in....with 20+ who suck.

By the way, it seems clear that jockeys, their profiles, their bios, and their overall abilities have not changed??

Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Thanks for your reply Orb. Re: Jockey abilities. We haven't seen much change so far this season with jockey abilities. The main reason is that the popular jocks i.e. the ones that are top of the hill are getting the good horses. Jockeys go for the horses who have won the most prizemoney and usually these are the best horses in the race. At the start of the season where horses have no prizemoney, there is a more random result where the ability of the horse outweighs the ability of the jockey. Meaning that it will win no matter which jockey is on it. However when it starts next, the competition will be stronger and a stable will feel more safe with a top jock aboard than a maybe one.
                    A number of seasons ago, Polaris who had a medium stable asked other stables if they would start using Castro more. Castro was well down the list at the time. His theory was that the more horses that a jockey got to ride, the more likely he/she was to improve. A few of us jumped aboard the Castro push and lo and behold, Castro became #1 jock for a couple of seasons. He had a phenomenal strike rate around 30% from memory during those seasons.
                    We are all creatures of habit and would rather use a popular jock than a recently untried one. Hence jocks staying up the top for a lengthy period.
                    The MW idea should show which seldom used jocks are firing by selecting a variety of different jocks in multi-works.

Norm

Comment

i actually think jockeys do not matter, hence my Castro project in season 18. He couldnt get a ride so i gave him a couple and it was my opinion that he did a decent job. I asked other people to get behind a "Castro push" just to prove that ANY rider IN ANY situation is capable of performing if they get the horses and the stables behind them and he WON the premiership. Think about it, those imaginary, computer generated, mystical, unicorn like entities that we call DD jockeys ARE NOT REAL. They are computer figurines generated IN THE FORM of jockeys who cannot ride. What is important is where YOU put your horses and what instructions YOU decide to use. END OF STORY...

Comment

By the way..i could also be totally wrong..

Comment

Sorry Shane - But you are wrong . Jockeys matter - to different extent (depending on horse) ...
                          Admin.

Comment

thanks Lone.. ive always had slight reservations on Jockeys, right from the start. So, i take it that if you "marry" the right jockey to the right horse you will be in a position to advance your status in the game. This is now my next project...turf rider for turf horse (on turf) etc....

Comment

Yes sir . like every horse has a surface they like more ,jockeys do as well . I am just trying to lead everyone on the right path .Good Luck
                              Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X