Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stables PM Me, and I will help you as well....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stables PM Me, and I will help you as well....

Welcome to all of our recently-hatched new stables! We all are rooting for you to learn the game.....but this is NOT a game that can be learned overnight. TAKE ALL ADVICE, FREEBIES, User Guides, and ANY other materials, breeds, horses, etc... that the veterans offer you...It's how most of us shortened our learning curve when we started!

This game is complicated, and THAT is what makes it so fun....It is the BEST and CLOSEST thing to REAL thoroughbred ownership you will find online....... Do not EVER give up......just take everything in stride, and learn learn learn!

Myself, just PM me and I will sell you a horse or breed to some of the best all time bloodlines (Light Show, Coach Don, Troll Cody, Ava Maria, Bond Holder, Halo Reach, etc....

Learn the following things and use them as the MOST important components:

1. Finding workout times that are competitive, and then slotting your horse in the proper race class, distance, and condition.
    2. Use the correct jockey and jockey instructions, based on your horse's workout splits/fractions. Using PUSH is COOL to see your horse go to the lead, but if it is the wrong option, you will FADE quickly!
    3. Doing the same from #2 based on your post gate draw. Post 1 and Post 3 for instance typically require different jockey instructions in sprints.
    4. Think Long and Short term.... i.e., don't automatically GELD every colt to get better times.....you want to build for today AND tomorrow. You can't breed a Gelding !
    5. MOST IMPORTANTLY - Claim a BUNCH of horses from different conditions.... Claim a $3k sprinter 2 yr old. Also claim a 3 yr old, and an older sprinter. THEN, claim longer routers. Check the workout history. If you REALLY want a lesson, claim 1-2 $30k-$49k type horses if you can afford it (ONLY colts and fillies, geldings won't net you the breeding luxury), they usually can supply you with a TON of valuable information, from breeding bloodlines, to the owners distance, jockey instructions, jockey selections, etc...

If you need a horse, or a specific type of breed, again PM me and I am happy to help. I am not the best guy for producing a User Guide, consistent strategy, etc..... as other members are MUCH more consistent and level. Get into the forums, the chat, and the user guides....Immerse yourself, and you will quickly learn a a new nugget or 2 every time you jump in!

Best of luck,

Orb Farms
    - Orb Farms

I truly believe you are sincere and have found many more on this site just like you, it seams greed is not present here. Being new to Digital Downs makes this a great asset to all new members. I enjoy reading all your post and hope to take you up on your offer after the auction if I'm lucky to win a few great Horses. I have compared the prices so far with last auctions and they are much higher all ready. I best make another trip to the bank,,,lol. Again, thank you for the good reads and your kindness. Tom / Winner Circle Ranch

Comment

Orb makes some very good points but as he said this game is complex and takes lots of learning so he has only scratched the surface. I'm sure every owner on here will agree that we are always learning something new no matter how long we've been on the site.

​You will find help from most of us if you just ask. One thing we all realize is that while it is a competition the more players we have the better it is for all of us so helping new players learn so they stay is important to the community...plus there are some great people here!

​If I can help with any questions or offer any advice just PM me. A combination of asking questions on the forum & chat room as well as PM's to owners you see doing things you would like to get their opinion/advice on is a great way to learn. There is a wide range of stables who concentrate on various areas of racing or breeding on both large and small scales so I would suggest picking someone who operates a stable the way you think you would like to and then ask for their advice. Many will also help with offering breedings, horses, etc.

​Best of luck Tom and I'm here to help if you need anything.
      ​Paul

Comment

Working...
      X