Baseball Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Hall of Fame

Do you all think Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Shoeless Joe Jackson should be in the baseball hall of fame? I watched a special on my DVR/On Demand last night....

....Maybe they get in with an asterisk next to their name? I mean, Joe Jackson and Pete Rose SHOULD be in at least with an asterisk, after serving x-years of punishment...

Thoughts?

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Yes to all.
    Rose one of if not the best pure hitter the game ever saw. What he did outside of the game is no worse than what others have done.
    Bonds and Mcgwire hit against pitchers who were juicing also so was a level playing field. Everyone knows they played during the steroid era. Let the fans determine how much that means, but their numbers dont lie.
    Jackson is a tricky one....one mistake marring a spectacular career. But since they have the rule that one great season (The Maris Rule) cant get you in..one bad mark against you shouldnt keep you out.
    Just my take on it.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I agree with basically all of them....We are a society of redemption!

Orb
      - Orb Farms

Comment

Agree with Brian except Joe Jackson.
        Rose should definitely be in. Great player and from my understanding only bet on his own team. Should have done any betting but true to his game and management. He did not cheat to lose or win for that matter. Bonds and McGwire are balanced out as Brian states.

Joe Jackson took money to throw, potentially, the game. This one is really bad for me as it let down team mates, management, fans and the game overall. No pass for me here. But I don't get a vote.

Comment

Shoeless Joe took money from organized crime, and really had little choice as I see it..... Not sure if it would be fair to say he woke up one day and said "I am going to bet on my team to lose"

I dunno, I believe he deserves redemption

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

I hear you Orb. Organized crime makes a difference. Could be life and death.

Comment

I grew up watching & rooting for the “BIG RED MACHINE “.rose should be in the hof .
              Last edited by Two Diamond Farm; 01-18-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X