Entered to attempt 7 for 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entered to attempt 7 for 7

The patiently-placed and well-rested 3 year old Filly Create Stalwart Orbnormal is smartly nominated into a Create Stakes Race, with aspirations of securing a RARE 7 for 7 wins record to start her career.

Her heart is undeniable, so now the racing Gods will either smile or frown down upon her historic entry.....placing her in rare company with just a handful of horses......

Tomorrow night is must-see Digi TV

My Best,
    Orb
    - Orb Farms

Orbnormal is indeed a fine looking Create Orb, I got my fingers crossed for You, her and all of us because I think we all want to witness a beast Create. Good luck to you Sir but win or lose, you got a fine horse to be proud of

Comment

THANKS WCR......It is rare to maintain this level......but we will see on the track tomorrow

Orb
      - Orb Farms

Comment

she is a nice one Orb. Good luck tomorrow. Idontknowhatosay is waiting for a rematch from her worst race. So when you are ready to stretch your horse out in distance let me.
        Good luck at the races,
        Eddie

Comment

If I can pass this test and perhaps one more qualifier, then I think Eddie we have a "Horse of the Year Race" coming in the near future.....BUT - that is a WHOLE lot of "IF" in between.

I certainly hope it comes to fruition, because this would be SO damn good for the game....A REAL battle for horse of the year, between TWO 3 YEAR OLD FILLIES?

...How freaking awesome would that be????

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

I agree Orb, and think it is good for the game. Plus it might add merit to a few studies we all are interest in, such as will a create being breed as a 3Y vs a 2Y old going through age change be better. plus you got what Greeko believes in and that's moral working for you if it truly plays a factor, mix these with the heart your filly is showing and time will tell.

i would like to point out how you give the horse a new distance between every two 6F races, I've been testing this and think it works for most horses. There are a few that will only run one distance but I still switch it up every 3rd race even if I know the horse will lose. Not sure if it works but I think it does.

The only work out time I can see for your horse is 04Oct17 Calder DD 6.0f 1:08.64 1st/ Nice numbers but not what you would expect for a horse like yours and shows Heart plays a big part. My horse Whoa Nelly I Just won't its first race that was a 10 card 6f Q race and his best work out time is 6.0f 22.06 44.83 1:08.68 I never expected a win.

Anyways my friend, thank you for sharing and good luck again, Ill be watching like its my own horse now,,,lol

Comment

Damn don't give away my best secret hiding in plain sight.... Lol......well I drew gate 3 again.....so we will watch and see

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Nice win Orb, but you scared me with that 2nd horse you entered, gave you 2nd place to,,,,lol. I did the handycap and put 200bc on to win, so I got something to besides the pleasure of watching her run. Congrats man.

Comment

Nice win Orb . 8 for 8????? Good Luck
                  Admin.

Comment

Got a question, Why the hell would you put a 1 1/4 Orb Queen back up horse in a sprinter race. That horse almost stole your win by 21 points. My guess is you wanted the race to go off and put this horse in not to win but help fill the card. Learning from you Iv'e noticed you rarely double up on any race. Why this time and why that horse, or did I get it right? Can't wait to see what race Orb Queen runs next.

Comment

Orb Queen is a longer horse, but her last workout was 1.08.88 at 6F......A very fascinating number for a router. I entered her nearly 3 days ago, so I am surprised more runners did not enter...... Now, I have a dilemma with her.....She seems to like ANY distance. Orb Queen will get some timed workouts to figure where she fits best.

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

You never answered any of my questions, but now you call Orb Queen a Router when its VERY clear the horse is a classic. Dog" I hope your listening,,,lol 1 1/4 is Classic not router.

Comment

I guess it is all how we classify....I use the 3 race divisions for each..... 4-5-6 furlong is sprinter. 7-8-9 Furlong is Classic, and 10-11-12 Furlong as Router in this game. Yes, 1 1/4 is traditionally a classic distance, but in this game, I believe it is the gateway to the route division, and that is why it is part of the Route finals circuit, not the classic.

Orb Queen is running best between 1M and 1 1/4M, but it is not unusual to test let's just agree on the term "Longer horses" to try to steal one on the front-end. NORMALLY, I try this at the awesome (my personal favorite distance) 1 Mile circuit (especially on turf).......Where a TRUE VERY long router can oft-times steal one with the right gate and jockey on push at the 1 Mile distance....They push AND get a good stretch run! But, Like I said....We have all bought horses, and when their opening split is 22.65-45.89-1.09.15, it is an interesting scenario. the horse is SCREAMING "I want a LOT of distance. What I learned is that in 3 of Orb Queen's first 4 races, especially if you watch them.....she WANTS the lead. So, I thought she had a LEGIT chance to contend in this race, and believe it or not, my PRECISE prediction came true.

I thought there would be 8+ horses in the race for starters.....I always nominate VERY early....Lone will confirm this....Oftentimes a WEEK or more in advance. For this race, I nominated Orbormal 5-6 days out, and I threw in Orb Queen with 3 days to go, for this reason:

I figured it would get to 8 horses+ in the race, as ANY race that has 5+ entries typically draws MORE horses, especially with 2 or more days to go. SO......

.....Being that I wanted to "cover" my best horse with a potential "alternate winner".....I was thinking Orbnormal was going to get a TON of front-end heat......Which would have set up perfectly for Orb Queen to make a dash in the final 360 yards. While the pace was modest in the early going, it picked up quickly....and so Orb Queen was "all systems-go" to make a rail run to the finish, to try to steal a win, or [as I predicted], a 2nd place finish when the race did not fill]. Now, you cannot simply say "If that race was 7 furlongs, and played out the same, she beats my top horse", because both myself and the rest of the field would likely have different jockey instructions.

But, to answer your question.....The last workout, and through some analysis of her races, Orb Queen seemed at the VERY least competitive from 6F all the way to 11F (maybe even 12F). This was a CREATE race, so I did not have a lot of options, and CREATES don't always get a lot of opportunities to run in bigger fields......I simply said "Let's give her a go at the sprint, and I bet she runs hard to the wire, finishing perhaps 3rd, but most likely 2nd...and MAYBE she is special and wins.....

I would NEVER put a horse in a race, when I do not believe it has a chance to win the race....That has ALWAYS been my #1 and ONLY policy since I started. I believed this horse had a chance to dethrone my very best,,,,EVEN at her 4th or 5th best distance.

In summary, I learned that I have a 2nd VERY, very good filly create, that's all. I do not believe this is a knock on Orbnormal, as she was pressed hard by a good field and had to run 1:08.10 to win....and she needed EVERY bit of that 99 SR to hold off Orb Queen. Orb Queen ALSO earned a 99 SR.....so I learned EVEN MORE about this horse too!

As far as classifying Orb Queen a Router, a Classic, etc.... I would close in saying that she is a versatile horse who can run a wider spectrum of races perhaps....as I suspected. But I still need to figure out, sort of "establish" her "very best" distance.

My best,
                          Orb
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Stables View Post
                            Nice win Orb . 8 for 8????? Good Luck

We can only hope Lone......We have a somewhat CLEAR horse of the year, in terms of WINS and EARNINGS combined ahead of mine, and there are no less than FIVE horses in the conversation presently...... My earnings are DWARFED by Idontknowhatosay....and I am a Win behind Eddie's horse.....Naturally, the perfect record might make up for a his higher volume, but it is VERY difficult to manage a horse to a PERFECT record, and I do not recall a horse EVER enjoying a PERFECT record through an entire season at 8 wins or more, do you? I recall a FEW horses starting their CAREER 8 for 8, and I believe I had one, maybe King G had one, Norm, and Eddie.....A few of these were those 4F horses, where they simply could not be stopped at the drag race meet! They CRUSHED all challengers in the half mile strip.....But as far as contenders, has a horse EVER gone perfect for a season? This season is WAY too early..

10 for 10 and a finals opportunity is my vision, but I simply have never seen a horse do it, and with Eddie nominating his Superstar more often than me, I may be the bridesmaid at BEST. his horse is also CLEARLY more versatile with distance than mine.

Even still, I am thrilled to have this sort of heart......and I PRAY for the bloodline to carrry through.....It would be one that I use SPARINGLY, 4-5x per season, so I can spread it out across 4+ seasons.

Thanks for the encouragement.....It only gets MORE difficult from here....horses improve, NEW horses come into the picture....etc.. But at the moment, Idontknowhatosay is your horse of the year, and deservedly so!

[EDIT] Throw out the race on 09/19, as the DRF end-line note would have mentioned "Lost Shoe" for Idontknowhatosay in that race.....Throwing out that race, Eddie's horse is about as perfect as you can get, at the very highest level.

Orb
                            Last edited by Orb Farms; 10-12-2017, 08:34 AM.
                            - Orb Farms

Comment

Thanks for the nice words on my filly. 7 in a row is mighty good for your filly. MIne got her second 5 wins in a row streak tonight. And you know me I do run them more often then most so my girl is already entered into the 1 1/2 q race. Looking to see if she can rebound from her tiring her last try at the distance (mainly wanting to see if she has any chance at all the triple crown distances). If you ever want a race at 6 or 7 furlongs. Post the race and I will do my best to put my mare in. I still think she can run 6f as this is the horse I posted about a few months ago as the fastest first work horse i ever had. But the funny thing is I raced her in those multi train races against some of my other horses. Well she lost 3 of 5 of those (glad she has run in the money races better lol) and I havent run anymore of those practice races. Good luck trying for 8.
                              Eddie

Comment

Working...
                              X