This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defiant - Race 44

Would one consider this a "bad ride" race, or is the horse just not good enough to break Greeko's win streak from Santa Anita Saturdays?

4 wide around 4.5 furlongs, and then INEXPLICABLY 10- wide in the stretch for a 6-Furlong race? Even worse on the 2D viewer......

I dunno, maybe things just seem out of proportion when we are on a 5% win streak in our last 50 races.

Could be.......

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Gratecko the sire isn't producing winners. That's why I auctioned him off. I couldn't handle him anymore.

Sire produces fast horses but they seem to run 2nd best all the time.

Defiant was closing late. It was very close. Post 7 is very tough to overcome as well. Next time might be better.
    Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 11-25-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

So Greeko, You put a horse that won't produce winners in auction and ask a starting bid of 50K so some poor sucker like me will bid on it and others you own just like it. then when I sell a few breeds you warn everyone on forum that the horse is a dud. what a [expletive] you turned out to be. Iv'e always had your back and always bid on your horses because I trusted you. That STOPS here and now. I think your full of shit and have no way of telling what Gratecko will produce, so I will continue you use him as a breeder. You even told me in chat what a great buy he would be. Thanks for being my friend,,,hummmm Won't happen again.
      Last edited by Cold Dog Soup; 11-27-2017, 07:22 AM. Reason: No F bombs please.

Comment

Tom shut up... Your acting stupid... gratecko has good pedigree that isn't showing much. I didn't twist your arm to bid..

Comment

Perhaps your asking the wrong questions Orb,perhaps you should be asking how it is a couple of stables round here seem to clean up in every race with horses i consider no better than my own entries. And before you reply with the good breeding genes thing,which i dont believe for one second even exists,i believe they could enter horses doing 1:10;00 in training and they would still turn up and win!!
          I wont be entering any of these races again,just wasting my money,might as well give up!

Comment

I feel you Winning Ways, but hang in there, that is not true.......You are light years ahead of where you were 2 seasons ago.....Let me cheer you up and PM you.....I'll be in touch, I have some gifts for you to help

I know that the Top 2 Stakes Winning stables have 69 Stakes wins this season, and the rest of the site (The 17 owners ranked 3rd thru 20th) have 79.....That's how it goes sometimes. Take out Chrisman's 16 wins in 3rd place, and the top 2 Stakes Winners have more than the rest of the entire community combined by a total of 69-63. Just let it go, and pick your spots.

WW - Did you watch my race? Look at my horse, WATCH the WHOLE race and all of the participants...

Southern Dancer seemed to run a little different race, a horse bred by 2 Creates, one who had $0.00 prior earnings.....But the Greeko/Foggy sale horse seemed to overcome the 7 post, same race, same track, same day, same distance...

As far as breeding, I hear you......but I disagree a little, breeding matters, it is just criminal that workouts + breeding do not matter.

However, CREATES seem to be a sure bet for breeding, evidently. But your horse and mine who ran 4 seasons, 31 times, and earned $340k, with bloodlines 4 generations deep........Nahhhhh....

Orb
            Last edited by Orb Farms; 11-26-2017, 11:06 AM.
            - Orb Farms

Comment

WW, you have Mail

Orb
              Last edited by Orb Farms; 11-26-2017, 10:02 AM.
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
                Would one consider this a "bad ride" race, or is the horse just not good enough to break Greeko's win streak from Santa Anita Saturdays?

4 wide around 4.5 furlongs, and then INEXPLICABLY 10- wide in the stretch for a 6-Furlong race? Even worse on the 2D viewer......

I dunno, maybe things just seem out of proportion when we are on a 5% win streak in our last 50 races.

Could be.......

Orb

I actually see that race as a huge positive for your horse. Not many can go 4 wide like that and still hit the board. You basically had all the variables and layout go against you, yet managed to nearly overcome it. I'd say that's going to be a stellar horse.

On the 10 wide thing, I believe it's how the game manages to slot horses so they don't get blocked, or have less a chance of getting blocked. Essentially, if you didn't swing that wide, you'd have run right up the back of another horse. Such are the mechanics of the "slots" in the stretch.

Comment

"" Quoting WW.. Perhaps your asking the wrong questions Orb,perhaps you should be asking how it is a couple of stables round here seem to clean up in every race ""

That is a load of crap... I've had my fair share of duds in the game. This game is far from easy and it takes a lot to figure out.

I bred two of my fastest horses I've ever seen and they are morning glories.
                  It's easy to pick on the big stables and assume they win everything but in reality everyone here gets their fair share of bad horses.

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_hors...cc=1&p1=913713

Calder DD Dirt fst 6.0f 22.04 44.76 1:08.50 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) BV 120
                  Calder DD Dirt fst 7.0f 22.62 45.60 1:21.59 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(J) BV 120

Calder DD Dirt fst 7.0f 22.25 45.02 1:21.71 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(P) BV 120

Here is another one below

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_hors...cc=1&p1=912483

Calder DD Dirt fst 1 1/8m 47.35 1:12.08 1:49.46 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(J) BV 120
                  Calder DD Dirt fst 7.0f 22.66 45.66 1:21.79 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(J) BV 120
                  Calder DD Dirt fst 6.0f 22.11 44.87 1:08.69 1 1 1 1 Curatolo R(J) BV 120

Comment

I have been a big stable and a little one, so I know you are not speaking of me.......

I have had horses who were colts running 1:08.49, and never won, so I know you are not speaking of me.

I am referring to the cadence of your messaging......... Even if true, don't frame a message that you are sending out your duds for people to buy....... What good comes from a message like that?

Think, man. think! That was my concern.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, cooler heads prevail......... The bottom line - the race engine will FORCE bad and good runs on stables, FORCE them. That is my take from the last 8 seasons.....

......and what does that mean? We simply have to ride out the bad streaks to get to the good ones, because invariably the GOOD DOES COME too!

My best,

Orb
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

Dang how did I get dragged into this thread. WW I didnt think we had a problem. The way I read the thread Orb was asking about a horse and you bash me for winning stake races. This season I decided to focus on the stake races and not the 1k races as someone told me awhile back was where I ran. If you don't believe in the breeding gene having an effect on winning and losing I cant help you. I know some people here believe in it as they have continually claimed some of my bloodlines and if you watch they have won races with the offspring. Maybe you should try that for awhile instead of bashing me for racing.
                      Good luck at the races,
                      Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by Winning Ways View Post
                        just wasting my money,might as well give up!
                        Every post you make is negative and always intimates that the site is rigged. If that's the way you feel then why don't you just give up and quit wasting our time reading your foolish rants!
                        Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 11-26-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by And More Racing Stable View Post

Every post you make is negative and always intimates that the site is rigged. If that's the way you feel then why don't you just give up and quit wasting our time reading your foolish rants!
                          Depends on your perspective, same thing could be same towards you.
                          Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha Farms View Post

Depends on your perspective, same thing could be same towards you.

Says another negative poster!!!

You have never seen me post anything about the site being rigged or not being fair. If I felt that way I would be gone in a heartbeat. I don't make negative postings but if you think that my postings that point out your negative posting is negative then so be it. I think the majority of the site would side with me on this issue. They know you never post anything positive and I do.

Comment

Well you are 0-2 in this thread.
                              Doing is the best way of saying

Comment

Working...
                              X