Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much of an active forum guy this season, but.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much of an active forum guy this season, but.....

You all know I had a history of some bad posts, and some animosity, immaturity, etc......but a losing streak is one thing, the ever-evolving state of the game is more than just Orb.....and THIS concerns me a bit.....I would like to hear your thoughts....

Creates being shoveled out of the sales ring with the success over the last 2-3 seasons have ANNIHILATED the propensity for seasons-long bloodlines to come to fruition and separate as worthy pedigrees.

I like to buy and seek occasional creates, and they SHOULD be part of the game, for bloodline diversity.....But as I look through a 1-2 month race card calendar....The SHORTCUT method -----ERRRRR----- buying creates to offset the "Inconvenience" of 4-generational bloodline creation is hurting more than helping.

Thanks to GOD we have the TnT's of the world, who works his A$$ off to foster TRUE horse bloodlines, the classic way.....Yes he buys creates on occasion, as I do, but he EARNS his bloodlines.

I am a proud owner of some Create bloodlines, but they have been DILUTED now by the near "daily" (or at least 3-5 weekly) Create Allowance or better horses coming out of the Myth-ring.

Ughhhh, and now I see more perspective every day on the cycle of trainers old (very old) and new....

I spent hundreds over the weekend, several Benjamins (American slang LOL),and I reflect that in retrospect, instead of passing money out to all of you, to purchase your breeders for breeding (and I think I bought at least 1-2 or more from ALL of you), I probably [gulp] would have came out better buying 4 or 5 "10-packs" of creates........ That just doesn't sit well with me.

Thoughts?

​Orb
    - Orb Farms

2 creates in the top 20 in money won this season and there both 3 yo . I don't want trainers to think that we changed creates so only reason I am pointing this out. At the same time There is a small chance to get a stake winner from the create pool . Eddie keeps getting dragged into these post , but without speaking with him I think he has appreciation of creates as breeders which have helped him keeps his breeding program strong. Didn't you Pm me about not being able to get a good create ,and now my sales have ANNIHILATED breeding.

​So there is not enough activity on forum so lets make more threads bashing the site , That just doesn't sit well with me .
    1 Idontknowhatosay 23/13/1/2 605175
    #2 Orbnormal 2 Orbnormal 11/10/1/0 391106
    #3 Tarynlovesdefense 3 Tarynlovesdefense 23/7/3/2 317983
    #4 Bredfortheq 4 Bredfortheq 20/4/2/7 290135
    #5 Explosive Missile 5 Explosive Missile 16/7/3/2 258118
    #6 Shaireknowsthebest 6 Shaireknowsthebest 15/5/4/0 244838
    #7 Fast Lane Louie 7 Fast Lane Louie 14/6/2/2 240344
    #8 Light Amor 8 Light Amor 13/2/5/1 222338
    #9 Shairegotthebest 9 Shairegotthebest 21/6/2/1 207622
    #10 Norm Hearted 10 Norm Hearted 11/7/1/0 206810
    #11 Texas Longhorns 11 Texas Longhorns 7/4/2/0 183300
    #12 Shairesdoublecreate 12 Shairesdoublecreate 18/8/5/3 178959
    #13 The Lord Of Light 13 The Lord Of Light 6/2/0/0 177400
    #14 Full Veil 14 Full Veil 14/5/3/2 163176
    #15 Ecko Nucleus 15 Ecko Nucleus 16/3/3/3 157670
    #16 Fewantedtotry 16 Fewantedtotry 27/8/6/5 152191
    #17 Missile Launcher 17 Missile Launcher 7/3/2/0 150298
    #18 Forgotten Hoss 18 Forgotten Hoss 13/4/2/4 149316
    #19 Meltdown 19 Meltdown 12/3/4/0 144872
    #20 Leave No Trace 20 Leave No Trace 11/1/4/2 142248
    Admin.

Comment

There's been a total of 41 entries for the entire season over 4 categories of Create Challenge Series. No Create Filly Challenge has popped all season. I'm about 60 creates in since returning and I have 2 that I would consider open class. Plenty more that will earn their keep in claimers and more again that have met the shotgun. I fail to see how the '''Great Create Plague of 2017' is ruining things. I'd personally be more inclined to think the 'floor'on create quality needs to be raised a little, given the creep in work times/race times I've seen since I've been here. Creates are the first horses' new stables ever get, and will remain the easiest way for smaller budget stables to get their feet wet before learning the ins and outs of breeding so their quality needs to stay in line with any overall creep in breeds. I'd imagine they're working largely as admin intends currently though, and for me are in no ways over tuned. It's easy to point to the ones that are tearing up the track, but if you watch the Daily Reports you'll see that plenty get retired without even being graced with a name.
      Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

I would have to agree with Jason. I just don't see any abundance in great creates. I have 5 create fillies that I consider Q caliber. Two are 2-yo and 3 are older...including last seasons sprint champ and sprint conso winner. They have been ready to run in Q's this season but none have filled either sprint or route. This tells me there are not many good filly creates coming out this season.

Comment

Did you all look at breeding, and division races? Or, did you just look at qualifiers?

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
          X