Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give a Trackside Update of Your Stable....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give a Trackside Update of Your Stable....

Over here at Orb Farms, ALL of the ranting and raving is currently about Nemean Lion, who has now put together two consecutive SUPER STRONG stretch kicks in short sprints.......if you watch the sprint filly qualifier from last night, it is a spitting image of her INCREDIBLE pull away in her TCR runaway in her debut back on Feb. 1st. This horse looks the part to contend for the Filly Sprint best.

HUGE HUGE disappointment from Emperor Orb, who was dismantled in his debut, after tearing up the AM workouts...The horse wakes early, and likes to work out close to 4:30 AM......and dedicated tracksiders felt this colt was LEGIT. it's not a foregone conclusion that he is a dunderhead yet.....as there are options......We've seen many horses "need a race or three" states Orb Farms owner Orb.

Constance is proving that winning is constant........This filly jumps and pounces right after she gets through her first gallop, roughly 5-7 seconds into the race, and she has shown that she can overcome a sizable deficit EVEN at 4F...... We LOVE the way she is working, and its only a matter of time before we see her in Qualifiers as well.

Kalahari closed with desire in her latest, Ribo Vibe won his debut, carrying a 1 Length victory over a modest 1 1/8 Maiden Field, and Qualifier hopeful Hourglass will run again tonight at a slightly shorter 6 furlongs......One from The Sphynx, and Jackhammer blood on both sides, this one could really turn out to be a very profitable colt.

In closing, Orb Farms is back on a bit of a roll, running back near to 25% winners, and ever-so-close to the 28.00% Career Wins mark (27.98%)..... Ups and Downs, as with all of us, and looking forward to hearing everyone's write-up!

Orb Farms

- Orb Farms

Glad your bouncing back Orb, you got some nice horses again. Sphynx is a good breeder but some credit should go to Ecko Ecko Ecko, he is putting out some very nice breeds and I'm sure you will see his offspring tearing up the track along with Nemean Lion one of his. I left 4 more breeds to him on the breeders page then he will be put into my private stock. Glad to see you got a good one Orb.

Comment

Thanks WCR, but I wanted to hear about your stable!

Orb
      - Orb Farms

Comment

The backstretch was buzzing this past week about the latest crop of 2yo from the And More Racing Stable. Several were working like they mean business on the race track. This afternoons races validated the opinions of the track side rail birds. Graceful won the DDCQ for 2yo fillies in wire to wire fashion just missing the Belmont track record for 1-1/8M. Holdem Tigress closed to win the Breeding Route Stakes at 1-1/2M like she could have run around the track again. Chopped Pot in the other half of the Breeding Route Stakes and One Out River in the 2yo colt DDCQ showed they were no morning glories either by both running 3rd place finishes. When asked about the current crop of AMRS 2yo's owner and trainer Paul said he is excited about the prospects this season. They are all home breds and Holdem Tigress is by All In Shove out of El Tigre who also produced multiple SW White Predator. We have a couple more who have not yet been seen in the afternoon that should give a good account of themselves but these 4 appear to be the cream...although I still have one sprinter who I'm really looking forward to seeing in a race. Season 39 could be anexciting one for us here at AMRS.

Comment

I freakin' LOVE it.....I hope more trainers come forward....

GREAT READ, AMRS!

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Deep in the engine room here at Polaris Bloodstock, the string pullers are again scratching their heads after yet another slow start to the season. The Polaris 2yo draft look to be a very average bunch. With the exception of created 2yo colt Electrical Engineer, our youngsters are yet to show signs of real class. Electrical Engineer is very talented, he was unlucky in his Eliminator heat early in the season and has progressed extremely well since being stepped up in trip. You will hear a lot about him this semester. He has only raced on four occasions, winning a 1 3/8m Create Route Qualifier on the back of a very good 1 1/8 Maiden success. He is the backbone of our 2yo's without doubt. Other young colts worth watching are Coolgardie Pipeline, a son of wonderful broodmare Not Them Again who was purchased off the For Sale page for $6000k. Bred by the extremely efficient Aloya conglomerate, Coolgardie Pipeline is one to keep a close eye on. I Do Not Care (Linda's Hammer/ Olivia Troll) has shown good ability to date with a decent 1 1/8m win under his belt, but slightly disappointing his next two at 1/4m, he will go back to 1 1/8m for his next outing. The 2yo fillies are perhaps the biggest headache in the Polaris yard. We have a number of unraced Route fillies who look Ok, but of the raced brigade Fleur de Rocaille and Flowers From A Brook look to have a little upside. These two uniquely named fillies got their tags while I was watching Al Pacino in " Scent Of A Woman "...they are the English and French names given to the ladies perfume that he smelt on walking out of the hearing late in the movie. Our 3yo brigade boast two extremely fast horses in Epic Proportion and Willing Participant. Epic Proportion holds two 4f track records...Santa Anita and Cal Turf. He displayed blazing early speed as a 2yo, but his morning returns as a 3yo have been disappointing. He's yet to step out this season on raceday, and we are very keen to see what he has to offer this time around, it will be boom or bust for him. Willing Participant is very good, and bears watching. Heart Of Hope, Echolight, Rose Of The Empire and Here Comes Marla are all distance fillies and they will all get a shot at the good 3yo filly Route races during the season. Surprisingly, it is among the older horses that we find our strength. Last years good router Oceanic Invader looks to have handled the age change very well, while the talented Policeman was super in winning his only run this season. Captain Of The Port was brilliant in equaling the Cal 7F track record yesterday, but he is an enigma and needs the green grass under his hooves to show his best. Our best horse in the morning is, by far and away, the Orb bred Voucher 6. He can post sub 1.08.30 gallops at every asking, in fact ran a rocket like 1.08.24 at Bel with 124kg on top this season. He is enormously gifted, but finding the key to him is the biggest hurdle of all.
            ​ Here at Polaris, we are traditionally very slow starters and it seems no different this season. We will make alterations and changes as we see fit, move horses in and out of the barn as required. We will claim a few, and have a few claimed off us. We will breed a few more, and kill off a lot more. We will give help when asked and attempt to be pro active in and around the Forums. But over and above all, we will strive to again finish in the top 10 on the trainer standings. We will, despite a seriously low budget, be storming home in the last half of season 39!
            Last edited by Polaris Bloodstock; 02-09-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

So before I get into the notables, I feel as though a little background is necessary. After my absence for a few seasons, I determined that my breeding stock would not be sufficient to establish a competitive stable. That, combined with my competitive nature and complete lack of patience steered me toward building my stable through acquisition. My first step was to grab talent that would make the barn self sustaining. By that I mean avoiding endless deposits to continue racing. I wanted to make deposits optional, and take advantage of Lone's generousity to maximize value. I focused on acquiring Mares, because they are so valuable. Those 20 breeds go fast, so I wanted to be deep in that regard. What I was not as successful with was finding that AAA sire. The one that really cranks out waves of nice offspring. I got good ones, but not that great one. So I felt the need to shift gears and try the Create route.
              ​That brings us to the 4 horses I'm going to spotlight. All 4 are creates, and really far surpass my home breds.
              ​First is GRACIE GIRL. i'm convinced she has found her best stride yet. I screwed up her meters terribly in 3 of her races, but in the others she has shown flashes of real talent when not the victim of tough trips.
              ​Next is CHASE THE CROWN. 3 for 3 so far, and looks like he doesn't want to lose. He was bred as a 3 yo create for a reason. I decided to try to focus my efforts on really trying to win the elusive Triple Crown. with that in mind I have spent significant fundage on finding and developing a TC winner. We shall see. Sometimes when you don't have anymore to accomplish, you try for the previously (except for once) unnatainable. This may not be the horse, as he seems a pure sprinter. But he's real fast.
              ​The horse that is my best hope for the brass ring might be DON'T WANNA STOP. This gelding is a modest 1 for 1, but is super fast with a proclivity for the distance races. Can't wait to see how this guy grows. If he can go a mile. WATCH OUT!!
              ​Finally, earlier this week I created an absolute beast! He worked out to an incredible 108.53 and I was certain this could be the new star of the stable but another horse from the same group of creates beat him every which way in multi-training. Now this other horse,TENPACK HERO was no slouch. He worked in a stellar 108.59. The difference is, he seems to have gotten the elusive heart gene, and went even faster in multi training. That's always a good sign. He showed his mettle in his debut in the most recent Sprint Qualifier, producing a dominating win in 108.05. Of course, as we all know, he needs to survive that tough sophomore race, but he seems full of speed.
              ​So that's the update on Foggydan Farms. Good Luck all.
              Last edited by Foggydan Farms; 02-09-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Impressive stuff Foggy!....I shall keep an eye on your " create " breeding strategy. I feel my breeding regime is brittle at best..

Comment

Well operations at Star of The Desert Stable have been on hold for a while but 2 recent 2 yo fillies have caught my eye in training.

​They are full sisters and both have shown great promise in the AM workouts, it remains to be seen if they transfer their stellar works to the track but we will find out soon enough as both are scheduled to make their debuts this coming week.

​Look for Brady Is The Best and Cantstopbradysgirl on the track. They look like they can run all day with both posting 1 3/8 mile works in the 218.35 to 218.58 range, and both had nice numbers from 6f on up so only time will tell, but certainly hoping for good things from both.

Sire: Cant Stop Brady
                  ​Dam: Ecko's Girl

​IF ANYONE WOULD LIIKE TO TRY A BREED TO CANT STOP BRADY I CAN PUT HIM UP FOR THE NOMINAL FEE OF 5000 CEDITS FOR THE FIRST 5 TRAINERS WHO SHOW INTEREST, JUST REPLY TO THIS POST AND I WILL ARRANGE FOR HIM TO BE ON THE STALLIONS PAGE.
                  STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                  LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                  HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Polaris- AWESOME STUFF.....Thanks for sharing.....you too Dan and Burky!

I wish we had a weekly noteboard like this, to help ATM build stuff in the news journal

Thanks for sharing all! I LOVE reading it

Orb
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

I'll try a breed for that price Burky on Sunday afternoon or Monday super early, ok?

Thanks!

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

Thanks Orb, he is on the page for you whenever you are resdy.
                        STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                        LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                        HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I am going to do the breed this afternoon me-hopes!

Thanks!

Orb
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

[EDIT]

"So May I introduce to you......THE ONE AND ONLY BILLY SHEARS.........." -- Shears CRUSHES the 5F Maiden Field at 13:10, on the Calder dirt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant Pepper sighting!!!!!! CREATE from Orb Farms named BILLY SHEARS is RIPPING up the synthetic dirt mixture in the early morning, and this create colt will go up against the home-breds this morning at 13:10....... He gets Castellano, who Orb Farms LOVES from Gates 4-5-6 in sprints....... so we will see in about 120 minutes if we can FINALLY avoid the CLIPPERS while managing a CREATE.

Looks like a tough field, so if he falters, the decision-makers at Orb Farms will likely manage him like they did some other successful Creates who went on to be good breeders, such as:

Lego
                            Orbsolutely
                            Orbretariat
                            ......and the old Retired from Stud Orblivion, who sired 111 winners, 98 places, 3 stakes winners, and he banked just south of $2 million at the moment!

Orb
                            Last edited by Orb Farms; 02-12-2018, 01:18 PM.
                            - Orb Farms

Comment

UPDATE --> GIVEAWAY OPPORTUNITY!

I entered my Filly Constance into the following TURF sprint at Belmont, over 6 Furlongs...... There seems to be FAR more races that go off on the Calder Turf rather than the Belmont Sod.....

I am in the process of trying to figure out if a horse truly prefers a surface, and EVEN a specific track and surface......But, with so few Belmont Turf samples (at least for me.....for some reason), I am wiling to present this race with the added bonus......

So, I will give away the following:

EVERY horse in this race who finishes AHEAD of Constance, gets a free breed to ANY Breeder in my shed. LIMIT - 1 Breed per Stable. If you enter 2 horses, and both finish ahead, you still get one breed.

If 12 horses enter, and I finish 12th, you will have to be patient, as i have to pony up the $1k for each of the 11 who beat me!!!
                              02/15/2018 20:45 02/14/2018 20:45 21 Belmont DD 6f Turf fm B-Division Filly 2yo
                              Purse 8550 +3000(BC) Starting Purse 3000 bonus credits, 2yo Fillies that have never won 5 races, Wt 118lbs, entry fee 4750

Good Luck!

Orb
                              - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                              X