Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give a Trackside Update of Your Stable....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I threw one in to try and help make this go. She's actually still eligible for D Division but she has worked like a good horse but has been a little disappointing (or maybe it's her trainer that's been a little disappointing because she has him somewhat confused). In any case this looks like a good spot to try something with her.

Comment

Texas Racing Stables is located deep in the piney woods of east Texas. TRS was established in January 2008, then abandon sometime in 2014. Honestly, I have never been good at the game and surprised I lasted that long. As of the writing of this, I have raced 2468 for 339 wins (14%). I think TRS has had some great horses, with mediocre results. I know all of the mechanics of the game etc, but race day and adjustments and any magic rubs have been lost on me.

TRS re-opened late January of this year and I absolutely love all of the improvements. So far this season I have raced 75 times for 5 wins (7%) ouch!!!! I feel like I have some good horses, but that has not translated to race day like I thought it would. I have built the stable up to 23 horses through breeding, creates and some claims. I have claimed a couple of horses that have great workout times, but have not done well on race day. They fit in well with my other horses. I have tried to claim horses in hopes to peek under the hood of more successful stables. In hopes I can find out what I am missing on race day to help get some more wins.

I really like the game and all that has been done and hope to figure some things out and be here for a long time. This is a great community of people and look forward to being here for a long time. And maybe find some success along the way.

TRS

Glenn
      Glenn

Texas Racing Stables

Comment

Good work Texas, and I think your theory of " peeping under the hood " of the big time stables is a great method to expand your knowledge. Its what I did a few years ago and its of great benefit. I, like you, claimed a lot of fast horses but generally found they were competing at 3k/6k/ 12k Claimers for a reason...they were weak ( in fact, I have a bunch of horses exactly like them right now). They can light up the track in the early hours, but cannot reproduce it on race day. Look at this......January 1st 2018, Belmont Dirt 6F, 22.10 / 44.67 / 1.08.24 Sutherland (P) 124lb. That's a workout from a horse called VOUCHER 6, and he will run that every day of the week. He's a pussycat, non trier, and I have kicked him out of the house. He's in a 1k Claimer Dollar Value Colts 1m race tomorrow on Relax...claim him and see what you think. I've had enough of him. He will carry just 12lb and should win by 100 yards. But I can get him to take step at the gallop of late. He is a dangerous example of what the game can throw up...good luck

Comment

Excellent thread.....So glad to see all of your contributions!

I know I am a nerd, but the more passion and reality we all inject into the site, the more enjoyment I personally gain from this place...

Thanks for sharing!

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Well Cantstopbradysgirl did not disappoint in her debut in this weeks 7f Qualifier beating a solid field with a winning time if 1.21.09, she looks like the real deal, time will tell on her sister who may have been misplaced in a longer race.
            STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
            LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
            HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Congrats Burky! I thought I had the race at the top of the stretch until I saw yours flying in deep stretch. I'm looking forward to a rematch!!!

Comment

So here in Mississippi we have built a pretty steady stable off of one horse. That being the great mare Steadyshegoes. She has produced more than 40% of the stables all time winnings along with all but two of my all time stakes wins. The last two seasons have gone very well with her breeds producing some good qualifying winners and some that have produced wins in lesser races.

This season however has been a crap shoot. Only having 4 breeds left to Steadyshegoes and none of her offspring or others really panning out so far it has definitely been a step back as far as breeding goes. GRYPHON ran numbers in training that would match up with the best of them, I had high hopes for this gelding that he has yet to live up to. Putting up poor performances in the sprint and classic he then went on to route the route Q by 3 lengths hopefully showing a form that will hold up at 11 and 12f. HUGH HEFNER is another gelding that had high hopes but has had an up and down season with a streak of 3 great wins followed by a show in the Q sprint but now sits on the bubble to qualify for the finals. He has talks of going for the most wins this season.

There is however one shining star here at MS Stables. That is The Lord of Light the 3yo filly. She won a couple Q races as a 2yo but fell flat in the finals only managing a 4th in the classic. This year she started slow but has now hit the board in 7 of 8 qualifiers and won 3. She is currently qualified for all three finals and looks to have a go at the TC. With 8f and 9f being her preferred distance I think she can make a challenge but not sure if she has the stuff for the longer races. Starting to build a pretty good rivalry with the unbelievable filly from Greeko FORGOTTEN MAGIC, I look forward to them battling it out on the track for the rest of the season. Hopefully some of these other Steadyshegoes breeds will prove out as I retire them for the breeding shed, otherwise it looks like I need to start buying some more creates to look for the next one.

Respectfully
                Shane
                Manager at MS Stable

Comment

Good work Ms...a fine little article. best of luck with The Lord Of Light (must have thought it was a colt when you named it)..done the same thing myself. I have one 3yo filly I like ( a Create), so I don't know how she will hold up this season against the home breds. That Forgotten Magic is a damn fine opponent and she will take some getting on top of. Also, great to see another Shane in here...good luck , Shane from Polaris...

Comment

Yes I had decided on the name The Lord Of Light when I won the breed to Lightshow it was going to be that either way. She has won the last two against Greekos beast filly but is still losing the head to head. Side note Hugh Hefner got his 6th win today and is still pusing for the most wins this season.

Comment

Please PM me with your breeder of choice:

Texas Racing
                      AMRS
                      Polaris
                      Greeko

Thanks so much for participating!

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

Ms...Hugh Hefner is going great. He's turning into a very nice one. Good luck with him and the mare, she has a nice son there.

Comment

Please PM me with your breeder of choice:

Texas Racing - Complete/Ready
                          AMRS - Complete/Ready
                          Polaris - Checking out 4 names
                          Greeko - Awaiting a response

Thanks so much for participating!

Orb
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                          X