Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 39 The Virtual Preakness Race Preview (Leg 2 of the Triple Crown)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 39 The Virtual Preakness Race Preview (Leg 2 of the Triple Crown)

digitaldowns.us the best virtual horse racing game on the net! Proudly presents the second leg of the Triple Crown Series!
    Purse 146500 +50000(BC) Starting Purse 25000 plus 50000 bonus credits, 3yo Colts and Fillies Wt colts 120lbs, fillies 118lbs, entry fee 15000
    Last week the brilliant Foggydan Farms trainee FORGOTTEN MAGIC took Jewel 1, with a smart stalking trip right behind longshot TEXANS BREW before tipping out in deep stretch and inching clear. It wasn't a surprise result for top honors with FORGOTTEN MAGIC nearly unbeatable over the dirt.
    This leg 2 we have 8 horses returning from leg 1 including the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 10th, and 11th place finishers. Interestingly, only 1 new shooter was entered for their own chance at a piece of Triple Crown history.
    The fantastic filly FORGOTTEN MAGIC marches on from her leg 1 triumph in hopes of becoming just the 2nd horse in digitaldowns.us history to sweep the Triple Crown Series. Only the legendary HOF race mare SHEZA TROLL was able to complete the sweep several seasons ago. Tomorrow night we find out if history will be on the line in leg 3 or will another horse claim their own piece of Triple Crown glory. Let's meet the field.

#1 SPEEDYPYSCHOSIS 6-1
    Ran big last week as a 9-1 outsider to finish 3rd on the cutback. The shorter 1 mile Digital Derby turned out to be paceless race with 4 of the top 5 finishers racing in the first flight of horses throughout. The Chrisman trainee saved all the ground, but just couldn't find that extra gear with a reasonable pace upfront. He now gets the extra ground he's been looking for, but has only won at distances beyond 11F. Still a podium contender given his form and talents, but my feeling is his Triple Crown Glory may lie a week out in the Belmont.
    #2 MILLION DOLLAR TRY 9-1
    The lone new comer to the Triple Crown trail this leg also happens to be the longest shot on the ML. The AMRS homebred tries his 2nd go-round at the demanding 10F distance. Two-back, in a WFA event the AMRS trainee never seemed comfortable over the Santa Anita strip and finished last but one. You have to go back to this one's grandparents to find the stamina influences, but he does have a bit of class into him as evidenced of his 2nd place finish to SPANIKOPITA in the Digital Downs Daily earlier this season. SPANIKOPITA you recall was the runner up last week in the Digital Derby and the only one notably absent from that group. Needs pace collapse for best chance.
    #3 GREEK ISLES 5-1
    Completed the superfecta last week rallying from 6th to be 4th in what was a pedestrian pace. His strong late kick was compromised by the pace, but I still felt he performed well given the circumstances. His current resume doesn't "scream" 10F, but he does have a few stellar efforts at 9F and enough stamina influence on the dam side of his pedigree to suggest he's not traveling into deeper water when he reaches the final furlong. Having said all that, I do think he has as good a shot as any for a podium spot this time.
    #4 FORGOTTEN MAGIC 2-1
    The 2-1 people's choice on the ML comes off her Digital Derby score with her focus and talents restored. Her supporters believed the 3 race losing streak was more about an unfamiliar turf course instead of a decline in her abilities. While her detractors could easily say she "tripped" out last week behind a dawdling pace few from the back were able to close into. The 10F distance is no problem for this filly having already won 2 of 3 including an open length smasher with a 98 speed figure. This filly is for real and will be tough to beat as the distances increase. This horse in my opinion, has a very real chance at sweeping the series and becoming the stuff of legends. The top choice.
    #5 ZETTABYTE 3-1
    Was the well beaten chalk last week failing to fire and finishing 8th of 12. This week with redemption on his mind the former stablemate to the favorite has the best chance at derailing the Triple Crown dreams of his new connections. 4 back in a Route Qualifier event contested over this same 10F distance it was the Digital Derby victress by a length over her then stablemate. Drawn better for tomorrow night's big race, it will be interesting to see if she goes straight to the lead or decides to sit just off. I like trying to get a jump on the favorite and hoping to out last that one. Race strategy will be key for both horses.
    #6 THE LORD OF LIGHT 5-1
    Was hopelessly hung widest of all after drawing the dreaded 12 post last week and finished a well beaten 10th. Drawn better and on the stretch out to 10 panels she has a much better shot at making amends tomorrow night. This regally bred MS homebred defeated the big favorite 4 back, albeit over turf and also ran 3rd to them 6 back on dirt. Top 3 podium contender.
    #7 STREAKER 7-1
    Closed from far back, but could do no better than 6th last week. He was one of just a couple of horses that were able to make a late run, although belatedly. His best work has been on or nearest the lead, and I just don't think he gets any kind of favorable pace to employ his best weapon.
    #8 TRYINGFORTHE6K 4-1
    Finished 11th of 12 last week after what was an awful ride by Smith. The gelding was hung out and "parked" on the outside throughout and quickly emptied out as the field swung for home. The stretchout in distance helps his chances. The punters rate this gelding a 4-1 chance and makes him a promising podium contender with the right trip. I still believe this horse's future is back on the turf and would rate his chances higher over that surface.
    #9 TEXANS BREW 8-1
    Took the field a long ways in leg 1 before emptying out and fading to 5th in the lane. This was a pretty big effort for the Winning Ways filly who was facing a steep class hike against experienced middle distance and route horses. I don't think she gets that same pace setup as last and I also don't think she's as fast enough from the outside to be on the lead again. 10F is also a concern for me.

Picks: 4, 5, 6

May the horse be with you!
    Jason
    ATM Stables
Working...
X