KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR......

Greeko's unraced filly " Texans ". She is an unraced daughter of Greek's talented race mare " For Da People ", who, after ending her racing career at the end of January this year has been doing exceptional things in the breed barn. She is the mother of good filly " For Da Money " who has a lovely record of 3 wins ( 4 starts) and over 79000k in earnings. She's won a C Division (5f), Dragon Tattoo Stakes (5f) and yesterday's DD Sprint Qualifier (filly 5F). Easy Win ( a filly by Easy Go Easy Goer) , also in Greek's shed, overcame obstacles to win a 1m Maiden in good style last week and looks promising. Hooves Hearted is another of her foals.. her only colt to date ( by To Long To Go). He has only raced once, two days ago, and suffered the narrowest of defeats in the Overnight Juvenile Sprint (6f). Keep an eye out for " Texans ". Although her morning times are only just acceptable, she bears close watching. The blood that surges through her veins is indeed rich with talent, and she may just turn out to be a very good filly. She is in work, and spat out a Cal 6F (dirt) work on Sunday morning in 1.09.44 ( 22.70, 45.90, 1.09.44). Now that's not a lot to get excited about, but its her blood that interests me. And we all know that workout times are not the holy grail here. Come on Greeko, find a nice little Maiden and let her loose my friend!

Shane I see you do your homework, good to see some stables follow others around here. It's the fun part of the game... glad your not consumed by your own stable.

If you want a free breed to "For Da People" let me know.

As for the Texans she is a pig but just entered her in a 12k claimer.

Comment

I love that Greeko... " she is a pig ". I know what you mean, we all have them. She might, and its a big might,.. have the genes to get her through. Good Luck with her.

Comment

The best part of this game is treating it like REAL horse racing.....Looking at our own stable "6 ways from Sunday" STILL only takes up about 90 minutes LOL.....I get my satisfaction looking at other horses, watching races I am NOT involved in with an entry, checking the Qualifier leader board, checking claimers down the race card every day, there is SO MUCH to this game that brings me entertainment value, and John probably just made the most profoundly TRUE and valid statement in a very long time:

Use this site to look at YOUR stable, OTHER stables, rankings, statistics, claimers, for sale, for breed, forums.....There is so much there, that while out on disability recently, I spent 6 hours one day going back and reading wisdom from the likes of the reinvigorated Ryan Express, Zamboni Stables, Aardvark Stables, TC Farms, Tocky, Henderson Stables, Favorite Trick, Racing Downs, and even further back... It was AMAZING to read that these early pioneers put SO MUCH into studying the game, and experimenting....we owe a TON to them for blazing the trail

Never mind the numbers, workout times, fractions, etc... that they mention - Read the RACING content, the training materials.....the STABLE MANAGEMENT.....It was one of my favorite days ever on the site!

The game has changed so much.....I LOVED reading about a stable liquidation back then - I believe I was reading about Zamboni......That outfit had some INCREDIBLE horses it appeared.....and people were in a panic to get their hand in the cookie jar.

CLAIMERS - It was not "on occasion", but actually COMMON for a horse to be picked up on a $50 or $75 claimer...... Trainers back then saw a horse as a commodity with a 5-6 season+ year life-span.

.....Today's digital horse (No one MORE guilty than myself, but looking to experiment in coming seasons) has a life span of 1.5 seasons, now that yearlings are gone......SOME get thru to 4 year olds (But are we honestly only doing this to gain broodmares?), while the boys RARELY make it BEYOND their end of their 4th season.....it happens, but my gut tells me.....the "eyeball test" tells me that this might be 2-4% of Colts remain to race as 5 year olds. EVEN geldings don't make it......and I believe the reason is what I see as a formula, where our threshold dictates that 3-4 poor races, EVEN when WE - their owners, make ZERO changes to questionable/neutral tack, jockey instructions, race nomination spacing, training, etc... make ZERO changes to the horse's running and training program.

Well done Greeko,

Orb
        Last edited by Orb Farms; 04-01-2018, 09:26 AM. Reason: Typos & Grammar Cleanup
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
        X