Gelding 1 year olds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelding 1 year olds

was looking at forms for yearling Christmas q’s and noticed them, kinda quick with the clippers aren’t ya boys lol . I mean give them time to mature a little bit. virtual horse racing is brutal
    Last edited by Two Diamond Farm; 12-21-2018, 12:14 AM.

this is a computer program with finite numbers controlling the game. The numbers are the numbers so don't expect maturing horses to get big gains in times. as far as I know that is not part of this game. I could be wrong but I have held onto horses I thought were borderline til age change and it changed nothing. if anything they got worse with age change.

Comment

Originally posted by Winning420 View Post
      this is a computer program with finite numbers controlling the game. The numbers are the numbers so don't expect maturing horses to get big gains in times. as far as I know that is not part of this game. I could be wrong but I have held onto horses I thought were borderline til age change and it changed nothing. if anything they got worse with age change.
      thanks for your input 420 .

Comment

Yes clipping 1Yo's is probably early since there is no baseline. Don't listen to anyone that says there isn't any changes in a horse as it matures...that false. Just had one yesterday first race as a 3yo in a stakes race won the race and posted a 100. Clearly aged well to 3yo since it couldn't sniff that result as a 2yo.

See below - first win and it happened as a 3yo in a stakes race

​​​​​​https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_race_...6346&p2=922593

These examples are everywhere
        Last edited by Tockyocky Racing; 01-03-2019, 06:50 PM.
        Tockyocky Racing
        From the gate to the wire...stable on FIRE

Comment

Let me also add that I like winning420 very much and I enjoy our conversations about the game. We just simply see things differently. Sorry 420...your still my guy!
          Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Seems to me that doing an age change training on first day of season is a total waste of time,I looked at your results Tock and noticed you didn't train any of them,you just entered and we'll the results are there to see, unfortunately I can't afford to do this,but does show what I thought were decent age changes for mine proved to be rubbish as they all finished back end,so it was off to breeding shed for them

Comment

Toc, of the 23 bajillion creates you have, looks like you gelded a ton of them???

Orb
              - Orb Farms

Comment

Orb

Thats a fact but do you have a point? Pretty sure gelding a 1.09.45 6F is a safe play.

A 1.09.45 6F create is a 1.09.45 create at its best possible ability on the track. Which ain’t gonna win shit. If u have a 1.08.86 6F horse that doesn’t produce on the track at 2yo it might actually produce and run that number at 3Yo. That’s a point. What y’all decide to sink in I can’t control. Cuteness on forums is well....just cute. There is substance to what I post.
                Tockyocky Racing

Comment

Do I have a point? Are you being sarcastic? You said "Yes clipping 1Yo's is probably early since there is no baseline." I simply responded that you geld a ton of yours, but said the above

So I was confused. That was my point, and it is completely valid based off your response.

Let me know if you need further clarification

My best,

Orb
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Further, none of us know whether gelding actually improves the horse's ability, or just their workout times (minus the boost from the 1st race off the geld).
                    ...I don't discount your knowledge.....few owners know the game inside and out more than you....maybe a few on the site.... I was simply confused

Orb
                    - Orb Farms

Comment

I didn’t own yearlings. So it’s impossible to clip what I didn’t have.

That clear enough?

lol...this place cracks me up. It’s why no one helps anyone.
                      Tockyocky Racing

Comment

The answer to ur last question is that gelding changes ur Meters wihich changes the potential ability of the horse. That’s a permanent change.
                        Tockyocky Racing

Comment

I think the main substance of the question that I took was gelding in general....

By the way, out of curiosity, any reason you chose not to buy yearlings? I believe you have a great shot at winning a title, and yearlings seem to hit at least at a reasonable clip through the season....

Just a personal preference I assume, but as a long-timer, it would be helpful to understand why some people prefer and prefer not to start with yearlings.

nothing personal Toc, I think it is my fault if I came off aggressive at you, not my intention

Best,
                          Orb
                          - Orb Farms

Comment

Ok now we are talking good stuff.

First. If u look through the coupe hundred horses I have you will find very few horses that I gelded THAT HAD STAKES GRADE WORKS. I usually will wait and see what they do at 3Yo. I might gels at 2yo but usually a 4F 5F horse that had horrible 6f work but blazing first 2 splits.

Why I didn’t breed yearlings. Time. I applaud Lokes attempt to improve yearlings but the new workout times have no baseline and I have no time to train and try to establish new baselines. Otherwise I would have bred 100 of them. Unlike others I have no issues with yearlings and they aren’t no different than 2yo’s. It’s a fact.

We good Orb...no worries. Texting and posting can be taken the wrong way also.
                            Tockyocky Racing

Comment

I think yearlings can cause tremendous confusion, and I believe the 1-2 yr old age change is on a different "proportion" than the logical age change progression as horses age through 2-3-4-5 etc...

So, I believe this causes a lot of confusion for owners, and it will take a bit of time, energy and resources to establish a baseline for determining yearling talent.

I think we agree on that, perhaps you are just a wee bit more disciplined than me, insofar as "that awesome yearling" is just such a cool thing to conceptualize from birth through to breeding!

My best to you, and handshake attempt extended!

Orb
                              - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                              X