Polaris at his finest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris at his finest

Shane (Polaris Bloodstock) is the local racecaller here and this was the close of one of his recent classic calls when a horse with very poor form won.

https://www.facebook.com/racingdotco...7WeHgbAsi4I6oU

"There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

very nice
    Admin.

Comment

Hahahaha that was awesome

Comment

He has a great repertoire of Australian horseracing phrases. One of them I haven't heard him say personally but have it on good authority that he has used it in a race is...

​"He's further back than a sausage (wiener) dog's nuts"

but I have heard this one.

​"and if you're on <favorite running last> you might as well leave for the wedding because your tickets are confetti!

​Hopefully he can re-hash old ones that I haven't heard.

Norm

Comment

Is there any way we can start a petition for him to be Australia's next tourist spokesperson?
          Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

I'd like to hear him call a race at Flemington one day, when they invite guest racecallers to participate. The racing industry would never be the same again. lol

Comment

Given the crowd they tend to attract these days, he might actually fit right in! Not sure powers that be would see it that way though sadly

Comment

I like to keep it a bit colourful out here at Alice Springs boys, as Norm well knows. But this time the " powers that be " as pointed out by Jason, have hauled my in for an explanation citing grounds of disrespect and disrepute. Ive had a bit of explaining to do....

Comment

When will the PC policing end

Comment

Funny stuff after I ran it through my Aussie to English dictionary Was that a national show?
                    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
                      Funny stuff after I ran it through my Aussie to English dictionary Was that a national show?

Shane broadcasts races live via national radio and on the Sky cable network. If you Google Alice Springs Turf Club and click on Replay Videos, you will hear recent race calls by Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post

Which is even more difficult for you because you then have to use your English to Kentucky Speak dictionary to understand it

Comment

Brian, it was a national show..it got picked up by the guys that host it and they played it. " A fair dinkum goat " means it is a very ordinary racehorse. It just slipped out of my mouth at the time. The horse had been beaten by big margins recently and caused a very big surprise by winning.... Sorry you Northern hemisphere boys and had to get the Aussie dictionary out!!

Comment

Working...
                          X