The day has finally come!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day has finally come!

My horse GILDED ARGUMENT has officially been entered this weekend to make her debut. On Sunday at Arlington Park 09/06/15 in race #6 a 3 YO Filly IL bred MSW event going 6.5F on the All Weather Dirt course. GILDED ARGUMENT drew post #5. As a minority owner its been a long road for our well bred 3 YO who has been training forwardly for her first race. She'll be the only debutante in the race and will race without lasix. Browsing the pps the field is a decent one, but would appear to be lacking of a heavy favorite or standout.

My wife and I plan on being on site to catch the race and take in the pre-race festivities. Being an owner since 01/2014 needless to say I'm very excited and anxious to see her run for the first time. I'm hoping she has a safe trip and good enough for me to cash a few tickets. Only time will tell.

May the horse be with you!
    Jason
    ATM Stables

Good luck Jason
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Its a great feeling ATM been there a lot with my own... GL
      The King Has Spoken

Comment

Jason, what's your morning line "gut" - Do you give your own perhaps 9/2?

Also, is your horse out of Gilded Time/Damascus bloodlines?

Orb
        - Orb Farms

Comment

Thanks guys. Orb my horse is out of sire Closing Argument by 342K stakes winning Gilded Time mare Adam's Time. I would say 9/2 would be a fair ML for her. Although she debuts without lasix and gives away experience to the field I've been watching the race replays of the field and don't see a true standout and believe she can hit the board with a nice run. Hopefully a win if she has the right trip. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jason
          ATM Stables

Comment

I just got the entry notification email on her race. She's pegged as the 4th choice at 9/2. I'm wondering how the betting will go and if she's bet or an overlay from the ML.

Jason
            ATM Stables

Comment

I've copied and pasted the Brisnet analysis below of Gilded Argument's race today. They actually like her to win at first asking considering its a soft group of MSW's. I also noticed that the track handicapper Brian Spencer like her for 2nd in his picks. If she can break alertly, she has a good chance to hit the board. Here's hoping that she can deliver this afternoon! Post time for the race is 3:50PM CST.

RACE 6

#5 GILDED ARGUMENT (1st Starter) Newcomer by 15% first out sire Closing Argument is a half sister to five winners and will debut for trainer Brian Williamson who wins with 13% of his first time starters. Three-year-old posted a sharp three furlong work in 36 seconds flat four days ago for Williamson who has won with 18% of his runners at this meet. Filly debut's against a weak group and may be ready for a winning effort under Edgar Perez who won with 24% of his mounts for the barn in the last two months.
              #4 MANGO'S MUSE (E) (Stalker) Daughter of Fusaichi Pegasus comes off a fading fourth place finish as the heavy favorite over six furlongs here last month and will make her first outing for trainer Ingrid Mason. BRIS Prime Power choice has hit the board in two of three career starts and Mason wins with 28% first time for her barn. Filly can be a factor from just off the pace with Julio Felix up.
              #3 AWESOME AURA (E) (Stalker) Chestnut finished a distant second in her latest over six furlongs here last month after chasing the leaders from the start in her third career outing. Trainer Moises Yanez wins with 8% of his runners in maiden special weight events and has won with 14% of his starters at this meet and daughter of speedy sire Awesome of Course can be a contender with Rosemary Homeister remaining aboard.
              #6 KISS'N ROSIE (E) (Closer) Daughter of promising young sire Three Hour Nap made some improvement to finish third in her latest over six furlongs last month when making her third start and is a half sister to two winners. Dark bay is trained by Chris Dorris who wins with 7% of his runners in maiden special weight races and filly can be a contender for a small share with Tim Thornton in the saddle.
              #2 BIRD'S TRUFFLE (E) (Closer) Lasix is added to daughter of Birdbirdistheword who comes off a distant fifth place finish in her debut over six furlongs here last month. Trainer Jeffery Lynn wins with 6% of his second time starters and with 14% in maiden special weights and dark bay could show more with Manny Esquivel retaining the mount.
              #1 FAHIONABLY LATE (E) (Stalker) Dark bay showed some early run before finishing a wellbeaten last of six behind others that return here in her latest last month when making her second start. Daughter of Latent Heat is a half sister to six winners and is trained by Doug Matthews who has won with 19% of his runners at this meet but filly needs improvement to be a contender.
              #7 TINA OF EKATI (E) (Closer) Three-year-old hit the board in all four of her starts at Fairmount before showing little on grass over a mile here in her latest last month. Daughter of Tale of Ekati is a half sister to four winners and is trained by Frankie Medina who wins with 12% in maiden special weight events but filly appears unlikely to be a serious threat.
              #8 JERO'S JADE (E) (Closer) Second runner from the Medina barn will try and all-weather surface for the first time and hit the board in one of six starts on the regular dirt at Fairmount. Daughter of Zanjero is a half sister to five winners but may also find this company too tough.

Jason
              ATM Stables

Comment

Good luck I will be watching.

Comment

Good Luck
                  Pat
                  *Donovan Stables*
                  Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

Thanks for the best wishes guys. My horse finished last of 8 on Sunday as the beaten favorite. It was a deflating result, on what turned out to be a nice hot day. I did get a chance to meet up with other syndicate partners and there families and see her run albeit poorly. I later learned she had some minor bleeding, but was otherwise ok after the race.

She'll get lasix next out and will be getting a jock switch as the jock stopped riding her shortly after she got into position on the far turn. It was a puzzling ride and definitely cost her a better placing. The stable manager wants to run her back one more time before the meet ends at Arlington later this month. If she gallops well it most likely will be on Friday 09/18/15, although they could write more Maiden races in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted.

Jason
                    ATM Stables

Comment

If a jockey is not 100% comfortable in feeling there is enough gas in the tank for the stretch run, it is not uncommon at all for them to steady the horse a bit without completely easing them..... This is even more common with maidens as you know. Remember, anything outside of 1st place is last place with these maidens, with the exception of a small check. If it saved the horse, and she goes on to have a nice career, we will thank Perez for not asking too much of her.

Gilded Argument got a very good education today, and there is no price tag on that Jason. Next out, trainer, [new] jockey, owner, and manager alike will all have something with which to base future decisions on going forward. We all know it is not easy to win at first asking, even some of the very best ever took 5 or 6 tries to break their maiden.

Your horse will certainly be a bit of a price next out, and I imagine you run her a few times, try to catch another modest field, and see how he responds.

By the way, I agree that IS a big strong looking filly you got there.... Big animal! Are you in for a few shares on her, or just a single slice w/ your syndicate?

Best of luck to you and yours ATM!!!

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

I have 6% of GA, basically I own the tail and toe nails. lol. She just breezed on Sunday and went 49 flat which I believe was 10th best of 37 at the distance. She apparently feels good, because that was better then her 49.60 breeze the drill before the race. I was hoping she would run on 09/18/15, but I'm thinking the race didn't fill. I look forward to her next race and know she'll be a great price considering the bad debut running line. The addition of lasix should be what she needs to move forward. I'm encouraged how she broke well enough to be 4th early on and was at least "aware of what she should be doing" at that point. Keeping her involved and having her finish is the next step. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks Orb.

Jason
                        ATM Stables

Comment

My horse is ready to roll again for her 2nd career start this Saturday 11/07/15 at Hawthorne Race Course! Race #2 MCL 20K Turf Dash going 5F. She'll break from the rail #1 GILDED ARGUMENT and is 7/2 on the morning line. She'll race with Lasix for the first time tomorrow and has been training forwardly for this start from what we're hearing from our trainer. My wife and I will be in attendance to catch all the festivities. She probably wants to go farther then this, but aside from the likely post time favorite #3 CLEARLY CHEATING she has a good chance to win and figures to hit the board against this soft group of MCLs. I've watched replays last night of the #3 and she's very vulnerable and has lost a handful of stretch battles to get the top prize. Interestingly, despite being 5F there is very little speed signed on. GA will need to break alertly from the rail to get in position to make her run. I'm expecting to see a much improved effort tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get a big run and she has a safe trip.

Jason
                          ATM Stables

Comment

Good Luck to you i hope she runs a Big race for you . I miss training and the raectrack. Have a Good Day.
                            Pat
                            *Donovan Stables*
                            Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

Good Luck Jason
                              Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X