X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck Sir.
    Pat
    *Donovan Stables*
    Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

Good luck. I still miss it. Race days are the best days.
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Good Luck... I'll be watching

Comment

Thanks guys. fingers crossed she stays safe and sound and maybe if we're lucky she hits the board at a big price.

May the horse be with you!
          Jason
          ATM Stables

Comment

Gilded Argument ran a nice race for us and closed down the lane to be 2nd at 18-1. The race replay can be seen here 06/26/16 Race #6. http://www.arlingtonpark.com/racing-wagering/toteboard
            She took to the turf which we were hoping for as she may have been shipped to Indiana if she ran poorly again. There was no catching the winner, but watching the reply several times they went very slow up top 23 secs 47 seconds to the half is crawling for a 5F turf dash. We got a bit lucky a horse blew the turn and took out another rival, but considering she closed from last to outfinish the rest it was a big effort. We'll point for the next race in book on 07/15/16, this time going a bit further 5.5F.

Jason
            ATM Stables

Comment

I haven't been updating this thread like before, but last week I received an email from our partnership that my horse Gilded Argument had gotten hurt in her last race (running 5th). The injury was a small bone crack near her joint (knee). The injury didn't require surgery, but would keep her on the sidelines for 6 months. Given her talent level and good but not great breeding the partnership decided to retire her from the race track. Our trainer apparently will place her somewhere and I hope to find out more information about her future the next time I'm at Arlington. It was the devastating news I was hoping not to hear. While she was hitting the board consistently of late, I got the sense that any injury that would keep her out of a few months would be the end of her career and it was. In one short week I find myself missing going over the condition book looking for her next race, analyzing her race opponents, and talking and texting our trainer about her. I went through my wallet the other day and found my owners license and it hit me I didn't have a horse anymore.

I find myself heartbroken our 2+ year partnership ended and we never met in the winner circle, but find comfort that I took full advantage of my time with her with all the videos and photos I took at the barn and on the racetrack. My wife and I plan to buy a frame of some kind so I can put the $2 dollar win tickets, programs and other effects I've collected while on this journey. Our partnership manager said he would consider claiming another horse next spring given the amount of local partners that were involved. I'm hopeful I'll still be in a good spot financially if and when that happens. Thanks to those of you that took an interest in her career and cheered her on I very much appreciated it and felt it added to the already fun experience. Thanks!

Jason
              ATM Stables

Comment

Working...
              X