Jockey Love

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jockey Love

Was wanting to set a series of races geared towards the jockeys. Here is what I was thinking

2yo Colts
    6f
    10f
    12f

2yo Filly
    6f
    10f
    12f

3yo+ Colts
    6f
    10f
    12f

3yo+ Fillies
    6f
    10f
    12f

I was thinking 500 entry fee and you must use a jockey that was outside the top 20 of last seasons standings. I was also thinking that we could do it weekly and change from dirt to turf each week. Maybe even change the distances.

My thinking is we will get some wins for some rarely used jockeys and add a little bit to some of their purses. Also with the new history we can look up on the jockey page it might give some insight into what some of them might excel at. I think the low entry fee and therefore low payout will keep people from running their best horses. I would keep track of the winners and would give some small prizes at the end of the season.

I would like some input from the community and admin, especially as I don't believe I have the ability to create races. What do you think?

I really like this idea . there are some hidden gems in the jockey room. We would like to add something to prize pool and we appreciate the time you would put in . Thanks and Good Luck

Admin.

Comment

I would like to set it up for every Monday but I am not able to create races

Comment

Count me in. Love the idea.
        Pat
        *Donovan Stables*
        Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

I like this idea too. But I have a feeling when you pick a lower ranked jockey and you dont get that jockey you might end up with a better jockey in the standings and not everyone is in front of the computer to make the changes needed etc. Kinda hard to enforce.

What if we get 12 stables to commit and we draw the 12 jockeys in bottom of the standings. 3 races can run each week.

Comment

I agree Greeko it will be hard to enforce. I can do my best but if they do it won't hurt anything. The point will be to get some wins in for some other jockeys and see if we can't get some more getting used more frequently. That is also why I want to do a lot of races so we can get some confidence in some other riders and also find out a little more about them.

This also will give a platform to run some low level horses or ones that have been sitting in the barn. It also will give some races once a week that cover all ages and sexes for some trainers to run some horses they might be trying to get to the breed limit.

I am hoping it will police itself in the grade of horses run being that the most you could win is 3k but I will also watch how many horses are entered and maybe enter ones that will make the races split, you could probably keep it to where the best payouts are 1750 or so.

Maybe we can not count wins toward the end of season if you run with a top 20 horse or something.

Comment

Password the race with the understanding in the rules that I can change jock to a random jock at the bottom of the list. Just remind me I dont mind to get on and update jocks if needed.
              ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
              Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
              https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Do is this going to take place?
                Pat
                *Donovan Stables*
                Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

I don't think I can create races. When I try it sends me to the main page.

Comment

I will turn on the TCR option for your stable . Might be tomorrow ,but will get it done . thanks
                    Admin.

Comment

Sounds good I will try to set something up for Monday. I will probably message you and CDS if I have some questions or concerns as I know there has been trouble with the tcr in the past.

Comment

you should be able to add now . Thanks MS
                        Admin.

Comment

Working...
                        X