** Sunday Seniors **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Sunday Seniors **

I want to try a new TCR series that I'm calling Sunday Seniors. They will run on Sundays and they will be for 4yo & up. I think there are those of us who would like to run our horses beyond 3yo or who have some who maybe need a few more races to get breeder eligible but don't want to risk them in claimers and would rather not run against 2yo & 3yo. If it goes well then maybe it will even eventually provide an incentive to open up 3yo breeding or late season 2yo breeding where people have the main intention to run as 3yo and then continue on as 4+.

I've had Lone add a 4yo and up colts & fillies category. I don't know that there are enough 4+ horses to add separate divisions for colts and fillies so we will run combined for now and if there is enough interest then we might add separate divisions later on.

I would like some feedback from the community about interest in this. If there seems to be enough interest I will post the first race(s) for this Sunday. Leave your feedback here or PM me. I want to know where the 4+ horses are in terms of distance, ability etc. My initial thought is to start with cheaper entry fees...i.e. $1500... but that's where I want feedback because I'm not sure what is out there in the 4+ community.

What distance & level of races would you like to see?

We will added BC to this and might add a bonus to the winners . Thanks
    Admin.

Comment

I have a ton of older horses i need to get breeding eligible and am very interested in running. I need distances from 4f to 11f. I will have multiple entries at all distances.

Comment

Nice idea AMR.
        I actually have a few, and would participate. I toss quite a few at late 3 or 4 because lack of action for them when older and would keep a few more going forward as well.

Would this be 1 race per week or a few distances per week...or maybe rotate single race distance weekly?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisman View Post
          Nice idea AMR.
          I actually have a few, and would participate. I toss quite a few at late 3 or 4 because lack of action for them when older and would keep a few more going forward as well.

Would this be 1 race per week or a few distances per week...or maybe rotate single race distance weekly?
          How many per week to start with kind of depends on the responses here because I'm not sure how large the pool of horses is. Ideally I think I would like to do 3 races per week with one at each distance range...sprint, classic and route rotating distances within each range. If there seems to be enough horses to fill the races then we'll do that and otherwise might cut back to start with 1 or 2 per week. It all kind of depends on how many horses and how much interest the community has.

Comment

Great idea,I had tones that I retired when coming back Most didnít even hit the track,probs because they not good enough,and also couldnít put them in any race.ive got a few left that Iíd like to finish off before breeding and atleast hit the track.....+1

Comment

I'm all for it.. One if the sights major issues (IMO) is a lack of 4yo and up racing. Horses race well into their 4th/5th/6th year (barring injury etc) in the real world and that should be the case here. The game has become a breeders game where the more you breed, the more you win. The skill element has slowly waned. If we are spending 10, 15, 20+ bucks to breed and prepare a horse, there needs to be an element of longevity. I've pulled right back this season. I've only bred 3 horses for the current season... so I have a barn full of 4+ horses. I still enjoy playing, but I've been round long enough to know I cannot compete at the high level anymore. So its my choice to play at a much lower level now, and hope i can produce a good one sometime. So, I very much welcome the 4 and older races... Good luck to all, and all the best from down under!

Comment

I will be posting some races for tomorrow a little later today...I'm going to post 3 races...one each for sprinters, classic and routers. we'll see how this goes. Hope there is some good participation.

Comment

Races are posted...
                  Posted for 10:55, 11:00 & 11:05 site time tomorrow at Calder with $3K entry for 4yo & up combined colts and fillies.
                  If we want this series to continue let's support it!!!

Comment

The sprint has 4 the mile and route have 6 each. Good start...still room for more.

Comment

Thanks for putting these races on my Horse actually ran good. Thanks Again
                      Pat
                      *Donovan Stables*
                      Operating out of Ohio, to breed the next D/D Champ!

Comment

Thanks to all for a good turnout...2 races with 8 entries and the other with 6 entries. I think it shows there is a place for seniors to race
                        Two things stood out to me...
                        1) There are several barns who want to still run horses beyond 3yo - some are geldings but many are not
                        2) Some horses with decent breeding but still needing their 10 races who had no option but to run against 3yo in claiming races ran competitively in these races without being risked for a claim

Congrats to our winners Greeko, Chrisman & Donovan
                        A big thanks to Lone for supporting the races with some BC's

I think there's a place for these races so we'll continue them on this schedule of one at each distance level per week
                        Watch for next weeks races posted on Saturday
                        Next week will be 5f, 1-1/8M & 1-1/4M - get your horses ready!

Comment

Any comments or suggestions for improvement are welcome

Comment

Success AMR, I will be looking out for them
                            Thanks for putting them on, and Lone for the support.

Comment

I like these races as well. Good job setting them up

Comment

Working...
                              X