Road To Triple Crown 36 Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road To Triple Crown 36 Series

Please see season 36 new layout sticky in the community forum.
    Last edited by Cold Dog Soup; 02-20-2017, 02:44 PM.
    Admin.

Jockeys will be picked by lifetime winnings .
    Admin.

Comment

Very nice idea Lone...Count me in please...

Comment

Just curious if stables will be able to sell or lease their spots they buy? May be more of an incentive if a horse they want to run doesnt pan out next season they can work out a deal with another stable to either run the horse for them or let them have the slot for a fee they work out between them?
        ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
        Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
        https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

I think that is a good idea . I would like to limit the amount of horses from any one stable to 2 spots . It would also allow a bigger stable to sell an extra horse they might think has a chance to win the Triple Crown .
          Admin.

Comment

I think this is a terrible idea. You have basically turned the TC into a modified Futurity and geared it totally toward the bigger stables that are able to breed many horses and virtually eliminated smaller stables who might wind up breeding a good horse but can't gamble on a spot in advance until they see what they get.

I don't like this at all!!!

Comment

I agree with And More here, selling spots in the triple crown limits the smaller stables on a budget.
              STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

I still don't understand why we don't have 4 qualifiers leading up to the triple crown??? This makes more sense and would also build a bigger purse.

​Derby, Preakness, and Belmont would still have a entry fee but it would be the nominated. If that horse in the top 12 doesn't get entered then we can invite the next one up from the bottom.

Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 12-06-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

In real life racing there are a lot of prep races for the triple crown series, I would try and set up a series of races and nominations into the triple crown races would be based on earnings in those races. If horses who qualify do not become nominated for the triple crown then you can open the race for supplemental entry fees.
                  STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
                  LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                  HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post
                    I still don't understand why we don't have 4 qualifiers leading up to the triple crown??? This makes more sense and would also build a bigger purse.

​Derby, Preakness, and Belmont would still have a entry fee but it would be the nominated. If that horse in the top 12 doesn't get entered then we can invite the next one up from the bottom.

I think we have enough qualifier series. That is almost all this site is. Those also limit the smaller stables because so little of their entry fees go toward the qualifier purses which again gears it toward the big stables who just enter boat loads of horses because the qualifier purses aren't as important to them it's all about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that they only need one of their many qualifier entries to win. I would go for a 'road to the triple crown' type of series where the horses that have the highest earnings in those races are the ones who qualify for the TC if the races overfill...but races where ALL the entries go toward that purse not some of it going to the TC purses. That is similar to the real TC where horses with the highest earnings in Graded races earn the preferences.

Comment

Here is my take on it for what its worth. I like the new set up as it will hopefully bring about full fields for the TC instead of dwindling numbers in the 2nd and 3rd legs all with a nice payout.
                      The reason I asked about selling/leasing spots was going back to my small stable roots. If small stable A has a horse that is capable of competing i the series but doesnt want to put up the 40k then I'm sure Big Stable B with no contenders would be willing to work out a deal to either run the horse for them or let them have their spot for a percentage of the winnings. Works out good for the small stable as their hrose still gets to run but they don't have to put up the fee. I did this myself by leasing a horse to Taylorandtaryn for about half a season because I was too cheap to run it in the championship series .I'm sure Lone will take everyone's opinion into consideration. Just wanted to put a different perspective on it.
                      ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                      Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                      https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Dog Soup View Post
                        Here is my take on it for what its worth. I like the new set up as it will hopefully bring about full fields for the TC instead of dwindling numbers in the 2nd and 3rd legs all with a nice payout.
                        The reason I asked about selling/leasing spots was going back to my small stable roots. If small stable A has a horse that is capable of competing i the series but doesnt want to put up the 40k then I'm sure Big Stable B with no contenders would be willing to work out a deal to either run the horse for them or let them have their spot for a percentage of the winnings. Works out good for the small stable as their hrose still gets to run but they don't have to put up the fee. I did this myself by leasing a horse to Taylorandtaryn for about half a season because I was too cheap to run it in the championship series .I'm sure Lone will take everyone's opinion into consideration. Just wanted to put a different perspective on it.
                        This really makes my point about it being geared to the benefit of bigger stables. If a smaller stable gets a good horse they should be able to run it in races and earn money and then decide that it's good enough to enter the TC. They don't have to make a $40 guess in advance as to whether they will get a good horse. Then if they do it becomes an "OH CRAP" now I have to find someone who bought a spot to run it for me and give up purse money that should be mine...not fair!

Comment

The horse with the most winnings gets free entry - so the whole site has a chance for the free spot .
                          All stables can only get 1 spot unless not enough interest then bigger stable has chance at additional spots .
                          40k is cheaper then the 15k x 3 it would take to enter all 3.
                          By guarantying the full fields the spots would be worth more,
                          Site is only taking in 440k and paying out 600k for the series .
                          It gives everyone more flexibility . maybe the top money winners are not running good at start of the series then trainer can enter a horse running better if they choose.
                          Any trainer can get a Horse of the year . breeding more gives you a better chance . We will always have a big stable vs small stable issue .we try to help out small stables to even it a bit.
                          The last 2 spots will be picked from anyone nominating their horse on the TC thread, so smaller stables can try to make a case for their horse by running them as 3yo.
                          I would like 3 stables to offer " trainer sponsored race " before the start of the TC . 50k added maybe 10k entry . this will help with earnings before the TC series . It will also allow you to see where your horse is compared to others .

I just liked the idea of having a fixed purse and the flexibility to put the best 12 horses to run 3 races . We have had some TC without full fields .
                          We also have the trophies added to the horses page
                          and we will keep track of the history of the TC .

I will respect the opinion of the majority . I just think this give us a better chance at a nice midseason series .

40k for 3 chances at 150k purses plus 150k bonus for having the best horse which can balloon to 650k if you win the TC .

Admin.

Comment

What if we have a small stable Triple Crown???

Comment

I don't think that will work Greeko - The TC is hard to win and should be hard to win .
                              Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X