Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greeko Holdem View Post

I'd like to see the distances more comparable to the real thing ..[Yes]

I'd like to see a triple crown stud Fee implemented and that cash will go towards the TC. [Yes]

Only horses that paid a Triple Crown stud fee should be allowed to enter in a triple crown race, or the entry should cost more to enter in the series without one. [Yes]

As for champ qualifiers and finals. The qualifiers are paying a good profit. You make more racing in the qualifiers compared to the finals. [True, TC stud fees may help, needs more work]

I'd like to see conso races run for bonus credits and not take out of the main pot. [Definitely]

Payouts for finals should be top 4 or 5. [Probably half the field...6]

If you want to pay all in the finals maybe we should still charge an entry fee for the finals.[Not sure about this one]

Those are my thoughts. [Cool]
    ...and I feel like a copy cat, lol.

Comment

btw,

Payouts for finals should be top 4 or 5. [Probably half the field...6]

reason, incentive to traverse the quals with possibly a inconsistent horse.
      Lower 6 finishers could be BC. as would be conso. and as pointed out by Norm, conso winner should receive less than last place finisher in main dance.

Comment

For the most part I agree with the above. I have 1 question ,and then one comment.

​My question is- When would a TC stud fee be implemented? At the beginning of the 3 yo season? I'm fine with it regardless.

My comment is that the distances should NEVER be changed.
        In any credible sporting circumstance, tradition is a cornerstone. Right or wrong, these are the distances. It's what makes Sheza Troll, and any other that accomplishes it special. Please don't bring in the fences, juice the balls, add games to the season (all baseball references, sorry, you know the others. I don't ever want to see an asterisk next to my TC winner.

It took 30 years in real life, why should it be any different here.

​Certain parts of the game are in need of tweaking. I'm all for tweaks to improve participation, or to improve return of investment, or simply make the game better relative to its play (strategy).
        ​Easing the degree of difficulty of the TC doesn't serve any purpose other than making it easier.to accomplish. I say thee Nay!!!
        ​Let's leave the most special achievement in the game truly special.
        Last edited by Foggydan Farms; 11-22-2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggydan Farms View Post
          For the most part I agree with the above. I have 1 question ,and then one comment.

​My question is- When would a TC stud fee be implemented? At the beginning of the 3 yo season? I'm fine with it regardless.

My comment is that the distances should NEVER be changed.
          In any credible sporting circumstance, tradition is a cornerstone. Right or wrong, these are the distances. It's what makes Sheza Troll, and any other that accomplishes it special. Please don't bring in the fences, juice the balls, add games to the season (all baseball references, sorry, you know the others. I don't ever want to see an asterisk next to my TC winner.

It took 30 years in real life, why should it be any different here.

​Certain parts of the game are in need of tweaking. I'm all for tweaks to improve participation, or to improve return of investment, or simply make the game better relative to its play (strategy).
          ​Easing the degree of difficulty of the TC doesn't serve any purpose other than making it easier.to accomplish. I say thee Nay!!!
          ​Let's leave the most special achievement in the game truly special.

Just like the champ fee this could be a triple crown fee , cheaper before and more expensive after the fact. Extra credits collected that DD will put towards the TC series. Something that generates extra credits , maybe its collected at the start of the 3 year old campaign of a horse. I don't know but something to generate more of a payout for these pristine races.
          Last edited by Greeko Holdem; 11-22-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

The problem is, the champ fee is collected at creation, so it would a big gamble for a 2yo paying a fee in anticipation of how its 3yo campaign might go. Even for a new bred 3yo its a lot to ask. Even if you allow purchase after the horse has raced, i'm not sure how much the fee might be. I like the idea, but I think it needs to be priced perfectly

Comment

Working...
            X