Race Meet Standings Updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Meet Standings Updated

Alright I know its early (1 day ) but I wanted to see how labor intensive this points process was going to be for our race meet contest. Day 1 is in the books and the standings are posted. https://digitaldowns.us/race_meet_standings.php Rules and rewards here https://digitaldowns.us/meet_racing.php
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-04-2020, 11:40 AM.

Interesting concept. First time I've seen it mentioned.

I look forward to seeing how this pans out
    Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

I can already see issues. Given the context of opportunities to win over the whole site, I don't feel in any way triple stacking $1k claimers should be rewarded with $200 a month compared to other purses around the place.

Just my opinion

Comment

I guess at the end of the day 1000 claimers are a great way to find a bargain if you are looking to claim. Being new, claimers are a great way to help get some good value horses even if they will never be superstars. The more low level horses, the more circulation imo and monthly rewards are a great way to facilitate participation and healthy competition.... Great idea and appealing imo

Comment

I agree with what you're saying and I'm not against the concept at all, I just think the payout is too generous. If it was me, and I know no one asked, I'd probably have set the rewards at around 40-50% of what is listed ( creds, BCs, creates and breeds ) and rolled the rest into the return of some form of overall stable payout structure. I get the positives of more entrants, more claimers etc anyone who knows how I run a stable knows I love a good claim as much as anyone.

Again, only my opinion, but to put it into scope, the Breeders Cup winner made ~ $50k last season, Champ series horses made $40k etc . These are prestige events that take time, skill and endurance to win and should be the pinnacle, yet here we would have a system rewarding people over entering low claimers will get $200k a MONTH. It seems very, very out of whack to me.

Can't fault admin for ponying up though, the intent is first class.

Comment

Love the input but we have to remember to look at all things when breaking some of this down. First, I wouldn't even look at the champ race purses or any of that from last season since we didn't have qualifiers most of the season and there was no purse build etc. An anomaly! Just look at the Virtual Breeders Cup two days ago with a $242 purse. I get that point but it's based on a flawed purse build. This season Champ races etc will be much different. So I wouldn't use any particular race payout as a comparison. Also...Meet racing is not intended to replace our full season stable standings.

As for the meet concept and other related items I have to continue to monitor and note the good and bad. I already see some things needing changing in just one day. So this will evolve and we will tweak on the fly before we add automation & programming. This is certainly not a finished product.

Claimers were intended to be more impactful but I might have made claimers too impactful. This will be tweaked!

The concept was intended to benefit small and medium size stables so I will always keep this in mind when making adjustments. You can also look at multiple entries in low claimers and think opportunity. One person can enter 4 bad horses and the perception is the stable is cornering the market but....one good entry by someone else is most likely going to win and beat the bad horses. Quality over Quantity. Additionally if more quality is entered than there is more opportunity for others to claim this talent. Like I said...this needs to evolve. Keep the opinions rolling and thank you for the participation.

Bob

Comment

standing updated 1/3/19
              https://digitaldowns.us/race_meet_standings.php

Claiming race scoring structure will be changed beginning 1/4/19 - I will update page

Comment

I really like where the monthly meet racing and contest is heading. I like the idea but the rewards for participation and results were intended to cover more stables. I will need to tweak this in some way to get more coverage. I don't have the answer today but I will continue to think about this and feel free to add some thoughts as this evolves.

Comment

Since you asked for feedback I'll give you mine. Please understand this is not a complaint because I don't care if you want to run this kind of contest but you stated in a post above "The concept was intended to benefit small and medium size stables". If that's the intent then the concept is flawed. This contest will be dominated by large stables. If you look at the standings only a few days into it the leaders are mainly the stables that have run the most horses. As the meet goes on this disparity will become even more pronounced because those who run the most horses will garner the most points.

Again, I'm fine if you want to run this contest but it is a large stable contest and that's OK because maybe it will provide an incentive for some stables to increase their size which would be good for the site.

Comment

Yep. I thought 'weighting' the race points dependent upon prizemoney but the large stables will still dominate. The only way I can see it working if it is for small-medium stables is to restrict the contest to those particular stables e.g. For stables having less than X amount or horses.

Not an easy contest to level the playing field.

Norm
                    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

Meet standings have been updated to January 19th. I am working on getting this automated. This is a good addition to the site and we are going to further develop this. Clearly not where we want to be with having the points standings live and also there is further work needed in developing a proper points system.

I am wide open for suggestions here...I tend to think too much at times and probably get in my own way. If that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X