Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearlings and Medical Adds - Question

Admin,

For the 2nd or 3rd time this weekend, I received a Medical Vet Recommendation as such:
    Bute will have a slight positive effect on this horse.

....However, at EVERY distance, the horse is MUCH slower....I even went multiple times through ALL of the route distances with and without Bute.....and the horse (Breed Free to Royal George), and its first out was 1:09.69......got WORSE with Bute at every distance????

Is this an anomaly? I have seen Bute several times make a horse slower in sprints, but the times improved over longer distances. We are talking .20 to .25 seconds Slower at every distance across the spectrum???

Thanks for looking into it, and I will try to dig up the other horse or horses who I thought had the same thing happen, though I know one was Lasix providing MAXIMUM positive, and it got .01 slower at all distances, so that is just LasixI guess, which never does much anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Orb
    - Orb Farms

Did the splits get better ?
    If you give me horses name I will look closer . thanks
    Admin.

Comment

It was an expensive bred nicely bred yearling, didn't work out at opening 1:09.69......The adds were inadvertently wrong, and I killed it, end of story. No bother......

I did get 1 or 2 good yearlings from the 10-12 I bought, so I am satisfied (20% is a decent number for expensively-bred horses in real life,so let's be honest...cannot expect them all to be great).....Had to geld all the colts except one.....Should both get a win or two and be competitive for at least the first 1-2 quals next season

Gelding a yearling is the kiss of death, but its fun to watch the numbers not translate LOL.... U L T Hero is one of my gelded yearlings..... I bet anyone here they can have the horse that this one is morning glory...... Look at the numbers, then watch in early January!

Thanks again,

Orb
      - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
        Admin,

For the 2nd or 3rd time this weekend, I received a Medical Vet Recommendation as such:
        Bute will have a slight positive effect on this horse.

....However, at EVERY distance, the horse is MUCH slower....
        But does it specifically say if it's a positive on the horse for you? It could mean it's a positive for the other owners

Comment

LOL Jersey, thanks for putting a nice funny spin on the whole thing....sometimes, "it ain't that serious".........

Thanks for making my morning....you're right.....Not the end of the world, and made me spit out my iced coffee on the keyboard

you owe me a KEYBOARD! LOL

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
          X