Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes on Mouse over

Hello,

I had a suggestion for a new feature for the site. At the moment we have a notes section inside the page for our horses. It's something that rarely gets utilised, mostly because to access it you have to click into your horses' profile, meaning that most of the information you could want is already available on that page, making the use for the notes section pretty limited. It'd be great if whatever text was entered into the Notes section, was available as a mouseover tooltip on the main stable page. That is if you hover your mouse over the horses' name in your stable, the text that you have entered into the notes section inside would pop up in a text box for you to see.

I could see myself using this on most horses. A quick list of the distances/split times/distance preferences. Notes for what to try next, owe 2 breeds to XYZ stable etc I'm sure other stables would have other uses for it. I'd find it most useful with breeders in the barn though. A note I'd use to mark the horses training times and splits as a runner ( which you lose when they go to the barn ) plus notes on the horses Sire and Dam, saving me clicking in to see what they were like each time I'm looking at a possible pairing. A mouseover on the breeding barn with notes to help locate an appropriate 5F mare, or route sire etc I'd find very handy. It's something that is all down to how much you use it will determine the value you get from it.

It's not a pressing need, certainly not something that needs to be actioned immediately, but certainly something I consider a worthwhile 'quality of life' improvement.

Thanks
    Last edited by Aragon Stables; 02-01-2018, 07:13 AM.
    Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

I will look closer at this Jason . Thanks for the idea . I see how it can save time and be very useful . Good Luck
    Admin.

Comment

Great idea Aragon, The note section knows more about my horses then I do, I'd be lost without it and refer to it before entering any race. would be great to mouse over with out opening the main section. Works great on forum topics. Caution will have to be taken to make sure only the trainer can see what he has wrote. Good Stuff.

Comment

Great idea. I use the notes section quite a bit and would really benefit from this addition. I think we all would.

Comment

This feature should now be live. Thanks Aragon for the idea. Good Luck
          Admin.

Comment

Thanks Lone, and Aragon. Great feature.

Comment

Great feature.

Comment

Thanks Lone.

Looks good. Speedy implementation too, great work.

I see I have a long day of note-taking ahead of me lol
                Jason, owner of Aragon Stables operating out of Perth, Australia

Comment

Nice feature...great idea Jason...thanks Lone

Comment

Working...
                  X