Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season -- Friday qualifiers

I like to try this for the 1st month of the new season

I'm calling the race series the Greeko Sprint Series for 2 year olds. I haven't decided if it will be mixed or individual filly and colt races.

So this is how it will work. Every Friday will be a qualifier race.. see below

September 2nd -- 5F --15K entry 8k of it towards final 4K of it towards semi finals 3K of it towards purse money for the race that day

September 9th -- 6F --15K entry 8k of it towards final 4K of it towards semi finals 3K of it towards purse money for the race that day

September 16th -- 7F -- 15K entry 8k of it towards final 4K towards of it semi finals 3K of it towards purse money for the race that day

September 23rd --- Semi-finals 6F - 2 races 8 max gate... Top 4 finishers from each race will qualify and run in finals

horses in each semi final will be determined by points..

for example..

race #1 semi final will have ranked horses # 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 16(odd rankings)

race #2 semi final will have ranked horses # 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 (even rankings)

September 30th --- Finals 6F --- 8 max gate

I'd like to get some feed back if this could work.. and if we have some interest.

Cheers
    Greeko Holdem

Also... we have a lot of 1 year olds turning 2 on the site and a lot of them aren't DD champ fee'd so this could be a good way to test horses not racing in the standard champ races. If Lone is ok allowing horses that aren't DD champ fee'd horses etc. in this series

Plus this is a good way to get our Friday night action back and on track since the Friday Night lights were a bust!!!!

Comment

I like the idea and could try to find a horse to throw in. Smaller stables like me may find themselves spread thin with 2 series plus the million and shotguns, but I think you could fill your races just the same.
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

l will like to try it But the way my stable is running my horses always hitting the fatigue wall so l will pass on this Gl all

Comment

8 max horses for semi finals and finals .. will eliminate the outside posts and this challenge should be an even playing field.

Comment

Sound relatively good Greeko...probably would need some BC to fatten it up.

Comment

Brian and Lone can we fatten it up with some Bonus Credits???

Maybe we can do a 3K BC per entry for the qualifiers??

Comment

Going to try to get these added this evening.

Couple of questions.
                Two year old only correct.
                colts and fillies will have their own races?

How do you want the payout. Regular with the top 4 being paid or all 8 positions paid?

Just mailed Lone about the BC per entry in the Q's should know something soon.

Wont be an acutal series as you want money split between the semi's and the finals. Might have to prorate the money moved a bit as the original 15k will get hit with the 20% site cut. so will end up being 7 and some change goign to the finals and 3 and some change going to the semi's that way keep a little more in the qualifier for the winner.

On papers everything looks good. I am concerned about competing with the shotguns and the first few weeks of qualifiers but more than willing to set it up if you think you can fill it.

** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Perfect ... glad we are adding them, I personally feel it will not pose any problems to the shotguns. Its one race a week... with a total of 3 qualifying races... before semis and finals at the end of month. Plus u never know once a horse wins a shotgun or runs well in the 1st week. The owner will have a perfect option for that horse in the following week to compete in this challenge.

Yes I'd like it set up for 2 year olds.
                  Yes please.. Fillies and colts have their own seperate races.

I was thinking regular top 4 payouts except for the finals which can be 8 payouts.

All races should be 8 max gate even qualifiers.

The money part and splits is fine. I think it will all work out well.

Comment

Will be adding 2k BC per entry for the qualifiers.

If turn out is really nice then I'll see what I can do to talk Lone into adding a set amount to the finals but no guarantee on that.
                    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
                    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
                    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Maybe we should call it the Digital Downs early season sprint series? The branding lately is getting confusing, sorry - just my opinion......no harm or negative vibes intended.....just trying to clarify as to what is an actual qualifier and what is a side contest.

Orb
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post
                        Maybe we should call it the Digital Downs early season sprint series? The branding lately is getting confusing, sorry - just my opinion......no harm or negative vibes intended.....just trying to clarify as to what is an actual qualifier and what is a side contest.

Orb
                        We can call it the Early Bird Sprint Challenge... it's up to you guys..

Comment

Early Bird Sprint Challenge, sounds good to me.

Comment

Yep Early Bird catches the Norm ..... worm (damn auto-correct)
                            "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

just a reminder these races have been created and you can find them if you click on stakes for 2 year olds

Comment

Working...
                              X