Riding the river the cowboy way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the river the cowboy way

Ive spent alot of time thinking of all aspects of this game,,,from the yrs of experiance i have racing at tracks thru out the southwest,,,coming from a part of texas that is not condusive to horse racing,,our soil is friendly to cows,,not so much to horses,,,we live in the blackland,,,no sand,,,unless you import it from the next county or 2 over,,,but i always have had a love of horse racing,,,and being a rider since i could walk,,i cowboyed a hell of alot,,,,won cattle shows,,,ropings,,,glad i got too tall to ride bulls,,,that was my daddies doings,,cattle are for eating,,,not riding,,,thats why god gave cowboys horses,,,,so,,,when i decided to leave the farm and embark on life as a trainer,,,things had to be learned,,,,the first step was learning to manage a barn of racers,,,i prefered to stay small,,,train/gallop/groom my own,,,i could manage 6 to 8 head by myself,,,i did this for many dif reasons,,,i knew how my horses felt when galloping,,,whether they were sharp or sore,,,,,,breaking a thoroughbred is different then a cow pony,,,it was during this time that i used my natural talent and became some what of a ,,whisperier,,,so i got all these checked moving forward,,,,now came the state required trainers test,,,100 ?,s,,,and a barn test,,,passed that first time,,,many dont,,,,next is very important,,it pertains somewhat to this game,,,,all tracks are surrounded with 6 ft fencing topped with barb wire or cantina wire,,,yes to keep the horses in,,but the bad aspects of humanity out of the backside,,,you must present your badge to go thru the stable gate,,,once your stabled on the backside of a track lots of rules go into effect,,,no un autherized meds,,,syringes,,electric devises,,,etc,,etc,,etc,,,these infrations will cost a trainer his license,,,,shed row must stay clean,,or a write up can follow,,,certain amount of those and stalls can be with held,,,the moring gallops have protocals,,,lanes for workers,,usually the 2 inside,,3 out is for the gallopers,,,gate workers are usually early,,,with an outrider stationed at the gap,,,and the starter on a walkie talkie with his assitant stationed in the press box giving the all clear,,timing is everything,,,,then its usually time for the trainers and jock agents to meet at the racing office ,,,where the power of the track is ,,,,from the secretaires that take the entries,,to the assistant racing secretary,,then handed the the racing secretary,,,who writes or signs off on all races,,,and picks the ones that go,,,many are left on the floor,,,to be re-entered at a later date,,,,,,,,but the true power of the track in my mind is the stewards,,,the rule enforcers,,,i do hope you guys are following along,,,i know reading isnt some of you guys strong point,,lol,,,,but these guys are to respected,,,,they have many many years of experiance,,,the rules and violation of them in horse racing are their sacrid duty to enforce,,,now a racing secretary decides who gets stalls and who dont,,,,i know for a fact they can and have been paid for under the table by trainers,,,graft,,,,youd think 1200 stalls on a track would be enough for all the trainers that want to race in tx,,,it isnt,,,,,,,,but the stewards are held to a higher code,,,,,the racing secretary is the track owners hustler,,,he picks the race,,,sets odds,,,and decides who gets to work out of the stable area and who doesnt,,,sounding familiar,,,,,and people wonder why the chalk hits all day,,,with a long shot thrown in now and then to keep the hooks in the betters,,,r.s,s were doing spread sheets and analytics long before anybody else,,,,so politics and other back door things had to be learned,,,and the horsemen did,,,,horsemens associations were formed,,,strikes have happened,,,and a 3 tier system was formed,,,the horsemen are also in league with the breeders and breeding forms,,,,together they alos have power,,,and this all is leading me to the next bend in the river,,,,even tho horse racing was illegal in tx when i was growing up we did have match race tracks ,,,most counties had a few,,,some more,,,there was a circuit,,,depended on how far you wanted to haul,,,my daddy kept a horse or 2 wilth a local trainer jst for something to do on a saturday or sunday,,,it was at these tracks where i first started learning the art of gypsy racing,,,lol,,,security on pre-race night and day off was mandatory,,lol,,,the nights before a match were usually a big cowboy yeehahh,,,but some body better stay back and watch the bay,,,not lol,,,i saw a many shotgun going thru the trailer camps while the music and dancing was going on,,i saw horse twins,,,one could run,,,the other couldnt,,,never knew who was in the race or wich way that owner bet,,thru a proxy,,,i saw many a cast off syringe,,,,and horses with bulging eyes going to post,,,i started betting early,,,and usually won,,,i saw it all on the bush tracks,,,,what struck me at an early age was the lengths people would go to to win a race,,,even if it was just for a cup of coffee and a ham sandwich,,,it was the principal of the matter,,,but taking home a sack of cash was always nice also,,,my dad bagged alot of races,,,lol,,,,so this leads me to the next trail,,,i dont usually come forward with my thoughts til i have complete confidense that what i have to say is the truth and correct,,,,as an outsider ive seen things diferently in here then most new players,,,,hell differently then the older ones also,,,my skeptasism and comanche ways are what sets me apart,,,,,,,,,,ok here the real issue comes that i have had recently,,,i wont go into the personal and behind the door b.s,,,but i can saythat i felt agrieved by the track ownership,,,i have been the river from wich the state bred program water was drawn,,,i want all to know that,,,,i purposely left out the last piece of it,,,and track ownership knows why,,,i is all that this game needs or all that is left to do to push this game to the next level,,,i see that by with holding this it is hurting the game and the players that like the state bred concept,,,its added another layer to the game,,i think all agree on that,,,is it being used properly???,,for the most part ,,yes,,,,stilll a few kinks,,,,,,,,,so if,,or when i decide to give up the last piece of the equation,,,what assurances do i have,,not for me,,but to all the virtual players,,,that the $$$ generated from this will go into the state bred program,,,,not just purses,,,but stallion and mare percentages,,,a stallion/mare and mare should also recieve percentages!!!,,,,,,andall the be bopping around is counter productive to building solid foundations,,,for the stables or the game,,,in the state programs,,you have to reside one season in state and can foal or stand out of state the next year,,,some staes maybe a little different but not by much,,,that is the simplist method,,,simple works better in here,,lol,,,now this isnt what im holding back,,butits what i see that could be addressedsoon,,,like yesterday,,,all the bopping around takes the strategy out of it also,,,,did storm cat travel to 5 dif staes each yr,,,the stallions stay a season in preferred state and can be allowed to leave the next season,,,the mares do all the traveling or not,,,up to the player,,,as i see that part,,,ive got the best stallion in the game,,homebred wise,,and alot of his breeds left,,,i can travel to 5 states in an hr,,,and have bad ass zen to win babies in every sbo race or stake,,,now thats how a gamer would play it,,im a realist and the games advertisement says,,,the closest thing to real racing,,,,tying a stallion down ro one state a season is the real way to go about it,,,,as for the state bred futurities??,,,you have to plow the ground before you seed it,,,dd got too far out over the handle bars on that one,,,great ideas take time,,,,lol,,,horse racing isnt instant gratification,,,,now comes what ive been wresteling with,,,never mind track ownership,,,and the thin skin crap,,,,what assurances do i have that the $$$$$$$ generated by the finished state bred product will be put into the bonus ,s,,,,,we dont have a horsemens association,,,they have the power to make the tracks open their books to see where the $$$ is going,,,why shouldnt we have one also,,,a virtual horsmens association,,,that post weekly dd income and purse payouts and state bred bonuses??/,,,the track ownership has said many times,,he just owns the game,,,we make the rules,,,but,,,,doesnt seem so,,,,,id like to know that what i have to give will be used for the virtual horsmen of the game and not a track owners other pursuits!!!,,,not trying to be mean,,,,i just aint scared to say what alot of others think,,thats all,,,i ask blunt questions,,,that usually all they require is a yes or no,,,not a long indignat dance,,,me thinks thow protest to much,,,people have said i should give it up for free!!!,,,why???i dont play for free!! ,,and you guys dont either,,,lol,,,,believe me when i say,,,track ownership and the horsemens associations dont love each other,,,,,so,,in closing,,,,,if i get assurances and one of our players can be the horsemens liason /book keeper,,,our eyes into the tracks account when it comes to the state bred program,,,il give up the final pice to it,,,,,with all bullshit aside,,,,,the col,,,,cowboy way

Wow - without a doubt one of the most ridiculous and self serving posts I have ever read. All of the first section about personal experience in the real world of racing, is well, an interesting read. However, most, if not all the stuff relating to Digital Downs is laughable and/or incorrect.

1) The finances of the site is none of yours or any other players business. It is a private company, not a public one, and abides by the same rules as any other private company. Go to any private company and tell them since you paid for their product they should open the books for you and they will laugh you out of the room.

Here is a link to a site that maybe you can read and help you understand in case you were unaware: https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...ion-public.asp

2) Several folks submit ideas, and none that I am aware of have ever asked to be compensated. The sole purpose of submitting ideas is to help enhance the site and benefit all current and future players and help the site grow and make the experience a tad better one idea at a time. To even suggest that you be paid is ludicrous and arrogant.

3) You are dead wrong on the whole genesis of the different states and state bred program started. I recall when I first started over two years ago, this idea was being discussed. You weren't even playing here at that time, I guess you were on hiatus. It has also been revisited a number of times since then. And to pretend that you "hold the key" is pure arrogance, which we all can see by your actions and comments, that you do not lack of.

I have an idea for you, and I won't ask for a dime. Maybe stop with you nonsensical conspiracy theories and attacking management and other players - and focus on helping make the best virtual horse racing game continue to grow and prosper. it's a concept everyone else but you seems to understand.........Black Ace (and everyone else) way.

Comment

You would think that someone with ALL THE ANSWERS who is obviously THE SMARTEST PERSON IN ANY ROOM at least in his own mind would just start his own best virtual racing game ever and dominate the space...but...some people are doers and some just talkers.

Comment

Working...
      X