HUGE Clue in breeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE Clue in breeding

I have given some big clues lately , but will give one more . Hopefully this helps everyone .

​Norm ones had a theory that the 3 Max was great for breeding this is completely false .: Sorry Norm don't want to call you out , but it was a good idea.

​lets say a horse runs 1.09.00 WO nude .That is a better horse then a horse that runs 1.09.00 with all 3 meds and 3 adds .

​you see the meds make you better , but you don't pass the meds on to your offspring . Also the adds are different for every horse so one add helps you run better , but it doesn't pass down to your offspring .

​To see what a horse real traits are you have to see him at his purest point . Its like real horse racing . you can give a horse things that will make him better on race day , but when he goes out to be a breeder he only passes on what he is .

​That's why geldings make bad breeders . that was a bad joke . some gelding could have been great breeders . look no further then ECKO . Hope this helps . Good Luck

Admin.

So obvious, but so easily overlooked... Time to strip down all the horses in my "Retire to Breed" barn.

Comment

Oh It's Truth It's Dam Truth Lone are you calling Norm out or you calling for a WAR on this now lmao This will be nice to see what other have to say on this Oh Boy Lone is calling Norm out now lmao

Comment

Ive seen a couple horses with no adds and I was upset and I felt cheated that atleast one add didn't help but the horses were still raceable. Im going to keep a close eye out for these no add racers. It makes perfect sense what your saying. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Like with everything on the site there is a lot of grey area. This is just another piece of information to use when trying to figure out if your breeders.
          Admin.

Comment

Can you please explain what the 3 Max is?

Comment

its when the Vet says - Bute will be a Max help to your horse, Lasix will be a Max help to your horse and Vitamins will be a Max help to your horse .

​Its rare to get all 3 Vet adds to be max help .

Admin.

Comment

Got it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Winner Circle Ranch View Post
                  Ive seen a couple horses with no adds and I was upset and I felt cheated that atleast one add didn't help but the horses were still raceable. Im going to keep a close eye out for these no add racers. It makes perfect sense what your saying. Thanks for the heads up
                  It's not necessarily"no add" racers.....It's the naked runs....Even if they DO HAVE good med adds, they can go from great naked to spectacular......So don't just think of no add horses.....At least I think that is what admin is telling us

Orb
                  Last edited by Orb Farms; 04-27-2017, 12:44 PM.
                  - Orb Farms

Comment

Originally posted by Orb Farms View Post

It's not necessarily"no add" racers.....It's the naked runs....Even if they DO HAVE good med adds, they can go from great naked to spectacular......So do t just think of no add horses.....At least I think that is what admin is telling us

Orb
                    Spot on Orb

Comment

I use Sutherland for all my workouts.... When I told her we needed to rework all of my horses "naked" she refused....

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Farms View Post
                        I use Sutherland for all my workouts.... When I told her we needed to rework all of my horses "naked" she refused....
                        Use Rosie...she'll do it!

Comment

OK, Here is what I done. I looked all over to find two horses that didnt need adds and had good Sires. I found one that belonged to Aloya called Wingstress (by the way he gave me a bred free) and the other was a horse give to me by Royal Oaks called Heza Rose. Thank you to both of these great Stables. I bred the horses and came up with a F1 Unnamed39157 To my surprise this horse didnt need any adds either. I did give her Vit and bought her shoes that made little or no difference. Problem is the horse is a donkey,,,lol. Im not giving up on this experiment, Ill wait till the donkey turns 3 and bred her to a no add. Who am I kidding, Ill probably shoot her, and prey my next bred needs all adds. where would sports be today with out steroids. Any Thoughts Lone Star.

Comment

Sorry but the stud doesn't seem to be a good breeder --
                            71 5/22/16 0 116658 16665.43 1643.07
                            ​5 wins in 71 races is a very bad sign ,.. the no adds is more of a way to compare 2 comparable horses

Heza Rose has great bloodlines ,but doesn't seem to be passing them on to his offspring ..
                            Admin.

Comment

Take a look at my breeder Netherlands.

First, look at his stats thus far:
                              Total Races Total Wins/2nds/3rds Total Stake Wins Total Money Average Earnings per Offspring Average Earnings per Race of Offspring
                              67 20/11/10 3 413534 13784.47 6172.15
                              Next, go on his page, and look at the Stakes wins, Gold and silver stars (see the legend on the pedigree page to see what these mean......But the pedigree is LOADED with both talented horses AND horses who passed on good breeding. He seem to be passing on the gate speed and sprinter equation.......Now, to breed a horse, I want to look for stamina/endurance within his own bloodline, but ESPECIALLY with the breeding partner in my opinion, in order to have a more complete horse.

Ideally, my personal preference is Mare speed and Stallion distance, but I will take what i am getting with this Stallion, as he already has 3 Stakes wins in his VERY brief breeding career.

This bloodline has thinned of late, as you can see several generations back it is a WALL of superstars, but even the grandparents are some of the all time greats, and great grandparents ARE literally the all time greats...... The Mare parents are not spectacular, but they were decent breeders, and passed on the good attributes from the pedigree that included a daughter of Troll Cody (49 stakes wins) and Justice de Hammer (29 stakes wins)....All in all, the . The Stallion side was good by itself, PLUS carried on great pedigree lines.

This is a bloodline that was.....or currently has other branches that carry better "current" prowess......but the sheer greatness all over seemed to carry into this breeder......again, I need to find a way to carry the bloodline carefully now to only the VERY best, as there is now one "weaker" generation in the front end of the chain. This is in my opinion the evidence that leads to HOW this breeder succeeds.....He is purely HIT or MISS. Looking at his offspring they are STARS/stakes runners, or they never see the track.

1st Generation: 300+ stakes wins
                              Great Grandparents: 165 stakes wins
                              Grandparents: 60 stakes wins
                              Parents: Only 3 Stakes wins
                              Stallion: 3 Stakes wins already in 67 total races (VERY GOOD).

Make sense?

Orb
                              - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                              X