New Changes For Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Changes For Next Season

We will be dropping the breeding cost to 7k for 2yo and 5k for 1yo . We will also dropping the vet fee to 1k . We will be adding a jockey/track fee of 200 credits per race no matter the entry .
    This will be paid when you enter a race .

We are working with to blogs/Horse sites to do some advertising and hope to launch it within a few weeks

We are also doing the new breeder limits starting on Jan 5th so please retire any 3yo studs you wish or 4yo mares .

Thanks I hope everyone has a great New Year .
    Admin.

Good day Lone and a happy new year 2 u also quick question would Horse Shoes be dropping 2 1K also ? And how long will this Discount be for ! And lastly i would like 2 wish the entire DD Community a Happy new year .............Pancho

Comment

And the purpose of the jockey/track fee is??

Comment

So are you saying that if you enter a horse in a race for lets say 5,000 you also have to pay a jockey/track fee of 200 credits on top making the total 5,400 ??

May I ask why?
        Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

Comment

I do not understand either.....If I were to for example try to make a small comeback, and 24 out of 25 horses were not even remotely close to making the track, is that not sufficient front-end damage....to the extent that the rare horses who DO make the track now have to pay each time they enter a race?

Trainers like Eddie who like to run a lot will be hurt the most..... So now low end claimers.....the only prayer most horses have now, will have to pay to play at a higher proportion.

Champ types it makes no difference...they win just one $10k purse and it pays for the season of tack entry fee.... Low end claimers cost even more, and are even less incented to nominate

Confused?

Orb
          - Orb Farms

Comment

Its been added to help make the site some revenue . We did drop the breeding cost to 7k to help . We are planning to do some advertising with some of the top horse sites online .

I wanted to make changes before we advertise for new players . Its really not that bad .Every season but the past 2 there was a 10% to 15% taken from the purse . Doing it that way put us in some legal grey area . So by doing 200 flat rate we will not be taking anything from the purse .Its just a Jockey Fee.

On a 5000k entry the cost will only be 5200 total .5000 going towards the purse. We were not making enough revenue from breeding with all the discounted breeding we have been doing .

I am really hoping to expand the site this year . I think new trainers will help out in many ways . we have been working on back end coding to help things go smother for new players .

Thanks
            Last edited by Lone Star Stables; 12-31-2018, 05:08 PM.
            Admin.

Comment

All horses will be rest tonight after the last race and before new season . Please enter your horses for next season and save the 200 for its first race next season .
              Admin.

Comment

Are meters going to reset?

Comment

yes they will be reset before new season .
                  Admin.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Lone.

Comment

But again, a $3k claimer and a $1k claimer, this is 20% and so on of the entry fee.....For all but the top 6-8 players, we only have $3k claimers..... in effect, this is a 6-20% increase in nomination fees for an entire season, for trainers who only own claimer types
                      that was my point

seems like the proportionate thing was better, as this flat rates packs a bigger punch on smaller races

Either way, no biggie
                      Last edited by Orb Farms; 12-31-2018, 06:44 PM.
                      - Orb Farms

Comment

OK LONE with these new effects taking place would the price of HORSESHOES be dropping too 1K also like the vet fees ?

Comment

Well thoses jockeys and tracks will need to lift there game if we are to pay a 200 track / jockey fee because there not worthy

Comment

with the reset of the horses meters would we have unlimited training also for that day ?

Comment

I guess at the end of the day it all evens out, and Lone has done a LOT to make it easy for us to race..

I am splitting hairs, and if this is the model, it really is no big deal, and I support it...

Happy New year and good luck next season owners and admin!

Orb
                              - Orb Farms

Comment

Working...
                              X