Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What enhancements do you feel are "HIGH PRIORITY" to be implemented to Digital Downs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What enhancements do you feel are "HIGH PRIORITY" to be implemented to Digital Downs

Many feel the "Existing racetracks are limited. Santa Anita does not have a "TURF" course and has been least active. Calder name was changed several years ago and is now known as "Gulfstream West" which future is undetermined due to land speculation by owner. So it needs to be converted to just plain "GULFSTREAM". Now what race tracks should be added to make game more inviting to new players? Based on activities of current members we need "CHURCHILL DOWNS" and a foreign track like "ROYAL ASCOT". i would like to see at least "SIX" racetracks but with different meets in which 3 will always be active and alternate with other 3. What's your opinion? Perhaps race conditions need to be modified or distances or any other racing request that you deem important. Be free to voice your opinion.

Number of tracks and names of tracks does not improve the game, in my opinion. However, I do think we should be able to know the meaning of any published stat or number, just as in real racing or any other sport. Horse rating, for one, is a mystery for the most part. There is a lot I do not know about racing but if I see a stat in a program I do not understand, I can google it to find the definition and how it is calculated.
    Last edited by Tumbleweed Ranch; 06-04-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I agree with Tumbleweed in that I see no advantage to creating more tracks. As far as I’m concerned we could have one track called Nag Meadows and that would suffice. More tracks is not going to improve the quality of the game or attract new players simply because of more or certain named tracks IMO.

Comment

A few tracks could be added but I don't thing it should be High Priority.
        A name change for Calder would be nice but may require oval adjustments (start points, turns etc).
        Santa Anita is ok just need more races. Turf races can be scheduled at Bel and GP, wink?

Comment

I really don't think you have to change the configuration of "CALDER" to the real "GULFSTREAM" as some people have said you have to avoid "COPYRIGHT" violations if it looks to much the same. If people are afraid, you can always create fake names like "NEW YORK DOWNS", "ALLIGATOR DOWNS" and EARTHQUAKE PARK.....lol

Comment

I know I am new here but I personally do not care about track names. As far as more tracks I have not even got in to that part of the game where I look at tracks and only race specific tracks

Comment

more tracks with different names very low on the list

Comment

So, T.N.T. what would you like to be enhanced?

Comment

The race program in my opinion needs to be improved. The only reason I have been able to concentrate on racing is because I am off work sick. If I wasn't then the whole process is a huge chore. What I would like is to see a much simpler way to enter races.
                  Example. Instead of having to click the individual horse to look at races available, why not change it to clicking the race and it highlights all horses available for that race. If you click the race listed as grade 2, turf, 7f. 2yr old, then all horses you have as a setup as 2yr old, turf, 6,7 and 8f, division, stakes ,allowance and open allowance, will be highlighted as available.
                  To me that would make the whole process a lot quicker and you wouldn't miss available races as your covering the whole stable and not doing it one by one.

I would also like more structure to the race program. A standard setup on a weekly basis, as at the moment it is hit and miss. Example, within a 3 day cycle I constantly see same 2 races with exactly the same entry details.
                  If there was a standard setup followed by the boss adding special events like Ascot or handicap series then surely that would be easier to implement, be less requests for certain races and be easier for the boss in the long run?
                  Last edited by Nemesis; 06-16-2021, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Nemesis

You already have the ability to click on a race and it populates all eligible horses. Go to racing office - enter races - multi

schedule pops up and click enter on any race and it will populate all horses eligible
                    The Big Boss

Comment

Don't even know if its possible but would like to see race sectionals for your horse posted in your final race time I'm aware that its based on the leader of the race but it would help understand the differences between training and race times and think this would promote better placement as race times and sectionals vary from race to race grade to grade Just my thoughts.

Comment

Boss, either I am missing something or I did not explain myself correctly. The multi option indeed lists all available horses regardless of whether that distance has been ticked or not. I clicked the first race that appeared for the 17th which is a maiden over 1 3/8, all my eligible horses are listed, even the ones I only have listed to race over 5 and 6f.
                        What I would like to see is only the horses I have listed to race over 1 3/8 to appear eligible for that race
                        Last edited by Nemesis; 06-17-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Would love to see an updated version of emailing people back and forth who are actually playing the game. Maybe have an option for instant messaging

Comment

Would love to see the multi train improved. You have already picked your 4 horses to train, o it once and fine but you then have to go back to main stable, bring all horses back to 100% fitness, then reload everything again.

Comment

Working...
                            X