Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Division 0-4 previews and analysis

06/05/2021 20:00 11 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Turf Firm Senior Division 0-4
    Purse 30,000, 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 5 races, Wt colts 122lbs, fillies 120lbs, entry fee 6,000. 10,000 Added Purse. For Registered DD Breds only

1. EXCALIBUR BMS(H) (DD-Round Table/DD-Terlingua) Life 1 1 0 0 9120 Horse Rating 99.00
    Horse coming off a long layoff after breaking his maiden on 1/31/2021 in a maiden special weight over 1 1/2 miles. Shows a decent work at 1 mile on 05/08/2021 but is going to have to show me what he can do on the track, so based on little info have to pass here although Beastmode Stables is a crafty veteran and it is a small field.

2. MO QUALITY(C) (DD-Uncle Mo/DD-Delightful Quality) Life 26 4 2 4 290840 Horse Rating 103.75
    Made it all the way to the 3 year old Eliminator finals last season so we know he has talent. Would feel much better about his chances if this were a longer race. The short field might help his closing style as there won't be a lot of traffic to fight through. Has to be considered a player in this race.

3. FINALIST-BMS(H) (DD-Tonalist/DD-Found(IRE)) Life 1 0 1 07000 Horse Rating 103.00
    Not very often you find a horse making his racing debut at the age of 5 but that is what we are dealing with here. He closed very quickly in his debut and just missed the winners circle by a head. A similar race here could very well find him in the winner's circle.

4. BLACK RIVER(C) (DD-Treasure Beach(GB)/DD-Rachel Alexandra) Life 22 4 8 4 359150 Horse Rating 105.75
    Ran a solid 3rd in last season's 3 year old Eliminator while never challenging the winner (X Files). The horse is equally dangerous stalking the leaders or coming from off the pace, may very well be the horse to beat here as it looks to me like he might get position before his competition does and if he does get the rail should wear down any early speed that shows up.

5. SUNDAY FEAST(C) (DD-Sunday Silence/DD-Hasili) Life 8 3 0 0 80390 Horse Rating 105.00
    This horse is an all or nothing proposition, he has won 3 of 8 lifetime starts but has not hit the board in his other 5 races. I anticipate he will be on or near the lead in this race and it remains to be seen if he can hold off the late charge of the closers. Has the talent to make the money just not convinced he will win here.

My selections: 4-2-3-5
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X