Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #1 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #1 preview and analysis

09/18/2021 21:10 26 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #1
    Purse 144,000, 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 6 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 9,000. 125,000 Added Purse. For Registered DD Breds only

THE LONG WALK(F) (DD-The Process/DD-Beach Walk) Life 5 0 1 2 24710 Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 102.25 Speed Rating 108.00 M/L 7-1
    Horse is 0 for 5 lifetime but hit the board 3 times. Looks to me like a one pace sort who hasn't shown a good deal of speed but has shown a little closing ability. Perhaps coming out of gate #1 will help him get in the race earlier than he has in the past. I must pass tonight.

2. MUFFDIVER(C) (DD-Royal Lytham/DD-Swiss Skydiver) Life 9 2 2 3 94885 Foggydan Farms
    Horse Rating 107.25 Speed Rating 110.71 M/L 4-1
    He has been very consistent throughout this entire series and I see no reason to believe that consistency will disappear tonight. He is a stalking type who should be forwardly placed this evening and may wear down any speed that is in front of him coming for home. A major threat tonight.

3. GUACK(C) (Eckamole/Speedamole) Life 9 3 3 0 93650 Chrisman
    Horse Rating 100.00 Speed Rating 112.14 M/L 2-1
    He has won 3 out of the 4 heats in this series with a late closing effort in each race. His last race he just missed the winner's circle by a neck. He is the morning line favorite and definitely looms as the horse to beat.

4.THUNDERING WILDCAT(G) (DD-Thunder Gulch/DD-Hollywood Wildcat) Life 7 1 0 2 41300 Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 102.00 Speed Rating 106.40 M/L 6-1
    I anticipate he will try for the lead this evening and see how far he can take them. He will need to duplicate the effort on 9/10/2021 to have any chance of a victory tonight as there are some serious closers in this race. A minor award at best seems to be in his future and if he gets caught in a speed duel and get get inside position I don't see him moving forward to the finals.

5. ROYAL YAWKEY(F) (DD-Royal Lytham/DD-Yawkey Way) Life 5 0 2 2 35070 Chrisman
    Horse Rating 103.25 Speed Rating 105.00 M/L 5-1
    Has not shown any early speed at all but has shown she has a nice late kick. She should be closing coming for home but the fact she still is a maiden is a bit concerning, looking elsewhere for the winner.

6. MISS SPICE(F) (DD-Air Strike/DD-Arradoul) Life 5 0 0 2 12900 Northland
    Horse Rating 104.75 Speed Rating 110.67 M/L 8-1
    Last time out she took an easy early lead but had nothing left in the tank coming for home. Her previous races showed she does have a closing kick and her workouts are decent. I feel the race instruction will be the key to her chances tonight, just not sure what instruction will work against these.

7. FAR ABOVE(C) (DD-Great Above/DD-Melody Lady) Life 7 3 0 3 74420 Tri-City Stables
    Horse Rating 100.50 Speed Rating 109.00 M/L 3-1
    His best races in this series have come from inside posts, tonight he draws gate #7.which will make his task a little harder. Not saying he can't run with these but he hasn't shown the early speed to contest the lead and he hasn't shown the same closing kick as some of the entrants to his inside. That means he probably will not find a decent running lane so I must pass.

8. VIRTUAL KING BD(C) (DD-Whirlaway/DD-Winning Colors) Life 20 1 5 7 232010 Pancho Racing Stables
    Horse Rating 106.50 Speed Rating 107.78 M/L 5-1
    This horse has the most experience of any of tonight's entrants, but experience does not necessarily translate to success. He has only found the winner's circle one time in 20 career attempts which is a huge red flag to me. He has not been off the board this season which indicates to me that a minor award is well within reach, just don't see him pulling off the upset tonight.

My selections: 3-2-8-4
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X