Race Purse Payout % Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Purse Payout % Poll

This poll is to get an idea on what the community thinks about the race purse payout structure. The current payout structure for an average 7 horse field is as follows:

1st = 55%
    2nd = 25%
    3rd = 16%
    4th = 4%

There is a standard in most North American tracks but lets look at some options.
    1st 60% - 2nd 20% - 3rd 10% - 4th 5% - 5th 3% - 6th - 2%
    0%
    1st 60% - 2nd 25% - 3rd 10% - 4th 5%
    26.67%
    1st 55% - 2nd 25% - 3rd 12% - 4th 8%
    13.33%
    1st 55% - 2nd 25% - 3rd 16% - 4th 4% - Status Quo
    60.00%
    The Big Boss

I still believe that the likes of the final series should be paid down to 5th or 6th place as they are fields 10 - 12.

Comment

I voted for 2nd option because horses who run out of the money should not be rewarded with small percentages that take away from the better horses. Growing up with New York Racing Association (NYRA) it use to be 60-22-12-6 % breakdown in which i thought was very fair. Over the years sports in general has been awarding what we call "PARTICIPATION" trophies and small % just to run a horse. Those percentages don't really keep those horses profitable but take away for success of the better ones. It dilutes success but attempts to increase horses in a race. But usually those horses are of poor quality or should be dropped into lower classes where they can succeed or retire.

Comment

Looks like the "status quo" is the general fav. and it's fine with me. I do agree with a more liberal payout of larger field stakes purses with 10 or 12 entries. This is especially true of auto entry races.

Comment

I agree with Tony's assessment that the top 4 should get the reward and push players into running horses where they belong and where they can earn those rewards instead of picking up "participation" awards.

Comment

Very LOW OWNER turnout on the voting. Kind of sad we cannot get at least 50 people voting?

Comment

Working...
            X