Poll - Season Length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Season Length

This poll in no way determines any change in the near future. It's something i have been thinking about for a while and the advantages that come with a longer season. Just testing the water on this and the temperature of the community. Don't get freaked out but I thought it was worth a discussion.

6 month season
    Yearlinngs - available the last month of prior season
    can only train 2F til turn 2yo

2yo - available 1st month of the season
    can only train up to 4F first month of the season
    Maybe only race 4-5F in 1st month

A race schedule to more closely resembles real life schedule - names & race types

Bigger purses and large event purses

Mandatory 10-12 day rest between races (add new fitness creep)

1 year season
    yearlings available last quarter of previous season
    2f training restriction

2yo available first month of new year
    3F training restriction until Feb
    5F training available in February

A more mirrored race calendar with RL racing. tracks, stakes, graded stakes and main events.
    Proper build up of a racing career and racing the book

The highest large event purses

20 day rest between races apporx. by use of a fitness creep.

Just kicking the tires here and would like to know your thoughts. I am sure there are many more positives. Just like a 4 month season has its pros and cons. Think on it!

4 month season - current
    60.87%
    6 month season
    8.70%
    1 year season - mirror real life
    30.43%
    The Big Boss

I would like the 1 year if 10 days min rest between races, I think 20 is too long.
    I will vote 1 year and hope if we go 1Y we can do some adjustments.
    Most of us already have enough horses to cover card, Auctions would be wild,
    Last edited by Chrisman; 08-10-2022, 03:12 AM. Reason: Hope...

Comment

Very Interesting alternatives. Always been favoring real life as much as possible. I vote for one year racing as well and agree with Chrisman that 10 day minimum rest is better as you might not be able to fill races with that big gap. You would have problem with "TRAINING METERS" initially with smaller workouts as you could not distinguish sprinters, milers, classic and stayers that easily. Two year old horses will have to run baby races (4F to 5 1/2 F) for first 2-3 months in season. I also gather people will require time to build up their stables in anticipation and keep horses longer which might be beneficial to long term effect of game. But happy whatever majority decides.

Comment

I'm All for a 1 year season as well the 10 day rest period I Believe this would give new stables more time to work out there horses and abilities as current season comes and goes so quickly.

Comment

I vote keep at 4 months but cant seem to vote

Comment

Working...
          X