X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player help...please read!!!

Post Deleted
    Last edited by And More Racing Stable; 05-01-2020, 12:49 AM. Reason: Post Deleted

Hi, Would some one please explain the "status" box for your horses. The various #'s that appear, color, etc... As well as the racing "divisions", c, d, etc..

Thanks,
    Last edited by Savagepaw; 12-09-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

OK Savage, let me take a stab at the status box, if there is no color in the status box next to your horse's name it means the horse is currently not entered into a race, if it is green it means the horse is entered into a race, if it is red with a number in it it means you have que'd the horse up for an upcoming race but you haven't actually entered it. When you look at the race nomination page on a particular horse you will see that you have the option of entering it into a race which is in green or you can que it up for an upcoming race which is shown in orange. If you que the horse up you will see on your stable page that the status bar for that horse is in red with a number in it, that number is the number of days until that race is scheduled to run.

As far as division races I treat them like allowance races except they have conditions that allowance races sometimes do not, For instance an E division race is only for horses that have never won 2 races, D division 3 races etc. Someone else might be able to shed better light on this aspect of the game.

Hope this helps a little.

Burky
      STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
      LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
      HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Thank you Burky

Comment

Burky gave you good info. Let me just add one thing about the division races. Think of them as stepping stones. Say you have a horse that you think might have some potential and you don't want to lose him in a claimer but you also don't want to run against the monsters until you find out if he's any good so you can use the division races as stepping stones against horses who are at about the same level at least in number of wins. Or you have a horse that you know fits somewhere between claimers and stakes then you can run division races until you run out of conditions by winning too many races.

Any questions let me know.

Comment

Hey Guys / Gals,

New to the game here and decided to give it a chance here for some entertainment being a Horse Racing fan. Very difficult to know what benchmark numbers to look for for competing at a very basic level. My current take is that create horses are less effective than public breeds based on the numbers through training. Could anybody steer me in the right direction for times i should be looking for at 4F, 5F, 6F, 8F and 10F? Have a pretty good understanding of numbers but with limited access to breeding options being a new player, i have to aim low in order to establish a satisfactory Stable Sire and/or Dam in the future. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Kingston:

Welcome to the game and you are correct that homebreds or public breeds are usually superior to creates. The creates on a whole are average runners but you can find some great creates from time to time. When you find a good create it will add new bloodlines to any stable so they do have a part to play in the game.

Depending on your situation breeding and claiming would be the way I would approach the game initially to help build your stable.

As far as workout times I would refer you to the page that Admin just posted the other day entitled Training and workout help page in the Digital Downs News section of the forum, click on the link and at the bottom of the page he has posted a guide about workout times and splits which might help you understand what you should be looking for with horses that you breed or claim. IT has been my experience that actual race times are usually about .30 faster than workout times as workouts are usually performed individually while the competition of a real race makes the horse run quicker.

Also, I have put a horse up on the sales page reserved for you for 1 credit which is as close to free as we can do, the horse's name is BUNCHED UP. The horse is not an elite horse but will win you some races and also give you insight into how I train horses which might help with the learning curve of the game.

AGAIN, WELCOME TO THE GAME AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS HEERE OR BY PM.

Burky
              LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
              HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Thanks for the advice Burky. At this stage, I have managed to breed 50 or so horses which is providing some basic understanding. Very much appreciate the horse "Bunched Up" as well as "Silver Creation" and "ThePantherSpeaks" . Those 3 alone are far superior to what has been bred and more importantly gives a better perspective of numbers. A step in the right direction....

Thanks all.

Comment

You are welcome, if you have any questions at all just ask here in the forums or send me a PM I will do my best to help in any way I can.

Burky
                  LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
                  HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
                  X